1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

An idea for some sort of group RP.

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Barandofl, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I've been thinking about this for a while, but I don't know if I want to go for it. It's basically like some sort of bootleg version of a D&D ripoff. To summarize this, theres going to be somesort of game master (probably me or someone else who everyone decided), and he's in charge of creating the whole thing: world, story, combat scenes, enemies, items, weapons, scenes, locations, ect. And the other players create their own characters and play in the world that the game master has set for them. Another reason for why I called it some sort of bootleg D&D ripoff, is cause the grand majority of everything will be determined by dice rolls.

This was an idea that was swimming in my head for a while, so I wanted to open up a thread in the RP institute. But the only problem I have, is that I'm not sure if its a good idea if I should do this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. warriorseadra

warriorseadra PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽168.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Try it, even if it’s no good, you won’t find out until you do. Furthermore, you’ll be able to discover the problems and address them the next time you do it. If it’s a success, you’ll be able to have heaps of fun~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ophiespurr

Randy
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽279.8
    I would be interested in it. I think it's a unique idea, and, like warriorseadra said, it wouldn't hurt to try it out. It'd probably be a lot of fun!

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I might be interested in this as well, I've never done much roleplaying (DnD or otherwise) and this might be an interesting way to try it out.

5. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I guess you guys are right. I won't know until I try. On the other hand, I just realized that the RP would have to play through a trust system, since the game master is the one usually rolling the dice. In other words, people with trust issues will have a bad time participating.

That is, unless anyone else has better ideas.

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Crap. I’m starting an RP very similar to yours. I’m really sorry about that!