1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event And the winner of Summer Scramble 2018 is...

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Achromatic, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    And the winner of Summer Scramble 2018 is...
    Drum roll please...

BUT FIRST. Let's talk about the Summer Scramble. This year we proved once again just how fun Summer Scramble is, and we all made a ton of new memories working together in many crazy events. Tears were shed, smiles were had, and most importantly we got some pretty cool prizes. LV was more active than it had been in months, and we also surpassed last years activity too!

So, even though one team wins the Scramble and one loses, you're all winners in our eyes. You all did fantastic, and we're so happy about how this event turned out. We will have a feedback thread live soon, so stay tuned! We can't wait for next year.

So, the winner of Summer Scramble 2018 is...

Team Azure!
    That's right - after struggling most of the month, Azure pulled through at the last moment and won the Summer Scramble, thanks to their dedicated attitude. In the end, we counted and counted, and these were the final scores:

Team Azure:
    346 Points

Team Crimson:
    333 Points

Both teams did so well, and Crimson dominated all month, but in the end the underdog Azure pulled through and made up for their shortcomings. Well done, you did fantastically and Team Azure may now begin to encounter Arceus and Phione Eggs in a new section at the bottom of the site! They'll also keep their name colour for the remainder of the month. If you did not earn at least 3 points, you will be removed from your role now.

Crimson gets to encounter the exclusive Phione egg too! And of course, we're still handing out individual prizes so keep an eye out.

Congrats!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Congrats to Team Azure! Especially to @OzoneFruit, as he was a great leader and member of Azure, from what I heard. Though I still have to thank my own team leader, @Gwoomy for all the hard work and effort she has put in(and the money she has donated to give me VIP)!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    On a personal note, I just want to say I am so happy with how this went. You guys did so great, seriously. Just looking in your hubs and seeing you all talking to eachother and making new friends is really what this event is about, and will continue to be about.

Things weren't perfect this year, we had some issues early on but I can confidently say the event went smoothly and everyone seems so much happier this year.

Well done everyone, I'm so excited for next year!

4. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Hehe, congrats Azure :D
    This was fun, I'll be back next year for sure!

5. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Good Game guys,Good Game
    Good Game team Azure

6. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    OMG! So close. GG Team Crimson

7. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Wow~
    This Is Easy, Really The Best Edition That We Ever Had!
    To Thinking That It Is My First Ever Summer Scramble I Ever Participate And Everyone Really Did Their All...I Guess Everyone Are Really In 'Cassini'-Like Attitude(Always Give Their Best And Preserve With Valor And Courage Like Cassini Spacecraft) During The Month. All Of Us Really Need A Rest After A Month Of Activeness...

Anyways-To Everyone Who Participate,Thank For Showing Your Fullest Best. It Is You All That Make This Edition Exceptional Successful!

And...

"(*Yelling With 'Cassini'*)Can We All Do This Again Next Year?"

8. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Well GG Azure GG, though I thought at least midscramble you had been beating us and we took it back later mid and the end was anyone's game- I guess not maybe :sweat:.

I'm still a bit of a sadbean there was no TCG Card Event (Which to my understanding was popular in the first SS and I mean I know ptcg isn't popular here but it would have been a cool art event)

This Scramble showcased a nice difference between a wider amount of events with a few strong events last year compared to this years all much stronger events for less opportunities. I think I prefer the first because it allowed people with much more niche talents to shine... greater specialization if you will... and being able to showcase those talents leads to more participation. As much as in turn some of the events could be less popular. There is a balance between these that I believe can be achieved and like they say "Third times a charm"

and now for some event comments:
    Battle Event: Was Good, I was very skeptical of the event at first because of coming forum another forum with rules similar but less harsh which had long term balance issues with their format that ended up to its demise, it worked out working for this event- though I still would suggest bringing in lower tier legendarys and test removing/modifying some clauses (if I had to name one, status infliction as it made it see almost no play to non-damage infliction moves, and I feel like they should have a greater impact on the game). Either way your decision

Mon Cry Event: I have hearing problems and it made this event impossible for me to really participate in- and probably caused migraines in others. I would suggest removing this event for those health reasons

Art Events: No comments, Lake Valor is filled with a lot of talented artists/writers/photographers so these events go quite smoothly

Type Event: Perhaps an event that had the teams working on the same type could be quite juicy. IDK if it be better then what we had cause this event would be hard to judge either way.

Discord Event: I didn't like the trolling- thats all

Arcade Event: Never saw it coming and it worked, bring it back and with new games next year

Thats all for the comments

Well aside from Blue Team winning both years
    :P

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I should remind you once more that this is not the feedback thread! As I said in the original post, it'll go live soon. Unless you repost this, your feedback will likely become lost.

10. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Congrats, Team Azure! I really thought Crimson was gonna win but... there's something called turning the tables.
    Congo! ^●^

11. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    [​IMG]

Awesome! This was my first year participating and I had a blast with all of you. Now that I got my feet wet I should be less confused at the start of next year's so my participation should be up.

12. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Wow, it looked like you guys had a helluva blast! Makes me regret missing out from my schedule...

Either way congrats to Team Azure for the win and Crimson for a hard fought race! It really looked close!

13. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Congrats, Team Azure! This is still not changing my mind over Red being the best color but whateves. Hope y’all enjoy your arceas! (I wouldn’t be able to catch it anyways)

14. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Wow, congrats Team Azure! i had a lot of fun, even if we didn't win! Good game guys! But we're totally going to win next year *cough*

15. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Well, I won't lie, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't win. But it was fun to work with all you guys this month, so I really don't mind too much. I had a great time!

Congrats to people on both teams, and congratulations for Team Azure for coming out on top! I really didn't expect such a result; I'm proud of ya'll on the blue team! You deserve to catch Arceus!

16. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    WAIT, WHAT?!

Well, this is a big surprise! X_X I'd been keeping track of points all month and thought we'd be behind, but WOW, AAAAA I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!! :D

GOOD JOB CREW!!!!!! I'M SHOOK, I'M SPEECHLESS, WE MADE A COMEBACK IN THE END, AND THAT'S PUT A HUGE SMILE ON MY FACE.

Now, excuse me while I go run a celebration lap around my house.

17. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    While I am incredibly pleased with our surprise comeback, I am much happier due to the fact that everyone worked hard and had a lot of fun! It was a close race, so I wish to congratulate every member of each team on their respective accomplishments. Great job everybody!

OzoneFruit likes this.
  18. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It was an honorable fight Team Crimson. I didn't expect us to win, but in the end, we did come out on top. I hope that I get the chance to join again next year.

19. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    That was a great Summer Scramble. For a while I was sure that we weren't going to be able to catch up, but I'm glad we did. Good job for both teams and everyone involved for making this such a wonderful event.

LostSpirit likes this.
  20. ShaysShaymin

Lati
    (Latias)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽119.1
    This was an amazing Summer Scramble. Either though I couldn't help much, (Summer Camp and Stuff) I still hope everyone had fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.