1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Animated Glowing Effects in Signatures

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Fizzysoda, May 8, 2015.

1. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Hi! This is a tutorial on how to add a snazzy glowing light effect in your signatures. It's my first tutorial, so it's not perfect but I hope it can be helpful to sig-makers!​
    Without further ado, let's get started!​
    First, you make a background and put in your render.
    [​IMG]
    Then you add another layer between the renderand the background. Use a soft round brush and select a colour that fits the background (In my case I picked a light yellow) and set the blending to Color Dodge, Soft Light, or Overlay.
    When you're done, it should look something like this:
    [​IMG]
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    Take a look at the animation frame section. On the first frame, set the brush layer's opacity to 20, then add another frame and raise the opacity to 40, then add another frame and set the opacity to 70, and add another one and set it to 100.
    After you've made 5 of those frames, add another one and set the opacity back to 70
    then 40, then 20, and finally, 0.
    [​IMG]
    (This was my final result)
    Click the play button to see if it works and when you're done, just save it by clicking File>Save for Web & Devices>Save.
    I'm not sure about this myself, but sometimes when you make something like this, the quality of the picture won't be as good as a static, non-moving one in terms of the colours.

I surely hope this helps! Feel free to share your results here :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I wanna try this out! :D Thanks for the tutorial!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Fizzysoda likes this.
  3. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    This looks really cool! Wish I could do it, but I'm doubtful of my skills with graphics. Good to know that there's this helpful tutorial around, though!

Fizzysoda likes this.
  4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Really cool! Thanks for the tutorial Fizzy! I definitely trying it out.

Fizzysoda likes this.