1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Animations!

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Sep 19, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    A lot of work goes into animations, whether it be drawing every frame by hand or using a program to help you animate. Do y'all animate? Do you have any tips for aspiring animators? If not, would you ever try animating?

When I was a small art child I tried animating once. It wasn't that great because my anatomy was awful and I knew basically nothing on the basics of animation. I'd like to try it some day, but it seems so demanding.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I've practiced animation, and I want to reach a point where I can do some action-y animation or animatics (not fully animated, but there is some animation- like animation thumb nails) some day.
    [​IMG]
    My latest attempt at animation, first time doing mouth animation.

3. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Oh My Gosh, Someone Spoke My Mind!

I Did Try To Animate Once But It Went So Horrible. That Is Why I Am Trying To Get A Course On Animation And Practising It Before I Will Go To Get A Course On Astronomy To Achieve One Of Its Kind, Astronomy Animation!

Even Now, I Can Imagine That If I Animate Cassini Spacecraft In Maybe A Focus Fan-Made Animated Series For Cassini-Huygens Mission To Saturn And Titan-Just Imagine A Animated Series That Tell The Story Of Cassini Spacecraft And Huygens Probe From Their Launch To Cassini's Grand Finale!

(Edit-I Am Serious, I Want To Animate That Series. I Even Thinking That In The Animated Series When Cassini And Huygens Actually Can Talk!)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    mouth animations are definitely tricky. keep it up shad! :3

astronomy animation sounds so interesting!

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I made this once, so I guess that counts as animating lol. I remember it took me a fair while to make it, but I like how it turned out. I really respect people who animate, cause it definitely isn't easy :sweat:

awney likes this.
  6. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I've taken an animation course one year ago, and I used an animation program name "FlipBook". It costs money, so I just bought the cheapest version. It's not a particularly good animation software, but it's better compared to most ones people commonly use(the ones on phones in particular), but once again, I only used the cheapest one, so I have no idea how good the better versions are.

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I briefly dabbled into Adobe Animate, but I haven't been able to get back into program nearly as much as I'd like to as of late with classes... :(

8. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Every so often I get the urge to animate but they're super small animations. And often pixel animations because it's easier to make each frame not lumpy? If that makes sense??
    I haven't done many but you can see them here ...lots of bouncing heads because that's easy
    I'm most proud of my dA icon though! It's got several moving parts!
    [​IMG]

I'm working on one of her companion Haze at the moment but I'm stumped at what I actually want him to be doing.

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I would like to do at least one small animation, I have done animated userbars before, but that was mostly just assembly and not making the actual art, sadly