1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime Style Evolutions in Game Battles?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Nator, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I was thinking of a pretty cool feature Game Freak could implement in their future games. What IF (like in the anime) your Pokémon could evolve in the middle of a battle once it has reached its designated evolution level? For example, your Charmeleon could be at Lv. 35, you knock out the opponent's first Pokémon, making your Charmeleon reach Lv. 36, then making it evolve into a Charizard. This could be extremely useful in a rough gym battle. This wouldn't work with all methods of evolution; but most. Friendship would work, as well as Tyrogue's funky evo mechanic, and Pokémon having to know certain moves (like Piloswine). Methods that obviously wouldn't work would be Stone evolutions, or Pokémon that required to be traded to evolve.

What are your thoughts? Do you think this would be a cool mechanic for GF to implement? Or is it unnecessary?

2. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I think it would be an interesting addition to the Pokémon formula. It has happened so often in the anime that it makes you wonder why it doesn't happen in game. It would be interesting to see happen, but then what would be cool is if in high stakes battles some of your opponent's Pokémon could also evolve by knocking out one of your Pokémon, making that screw up really cost you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Treecko007 likes this.
  3. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    It's an interesting idea for sure. I think it would be pretty cool to implement, but would it mean having to cut away to an evolution scene mid-battle? I dunno, but it seems to be an idea with potential. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ⑨ニコ〜ニコ

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    It sounds cool, but I would find it annoying especially in the middle of the battle, and would your Pokémon's turn be wasted on that? It's a pretty interesting idea though.

5. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    The idea would to have the back-sprite glow white and just evolve from the battle screen. Interrupting the battle with a separate cut-scene would not only be silly, but kind of awkward. As for Pokémon who grow levels via Exp. Share, then yeah, the evolution cut-scene would have to take place after the battle, unless switched in.

No, your Pokémon would evolve before the game gives you the option to switch out. If you switch a Pokémon in who (for example) grew to its evo level via Exp. Share, the evolution would occur before having the option to do anything, like battle commands, going to Bag etc.

⑨ニコ〜ニコ likes this.
  6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    That sounds like an awesome idea. Honestly, one of the things that bothered me in the game evolutions was that I would miss out on certain moves because my Pokémon became too overleveled in battle, so with this feature, I would be more likely to be able to get those level-uped moves.

7. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Yes oh gosh, that was incredibly annoying.

Pokémon evolving mid-battle would be so awesome! Especially with more difficult battles, it would be really helpful. And just badass in general.

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This would be really cool, and I'd be down for it as long as it didn't take up too much time. I would also like it if you had the ability to skip this or turn it off as I'm sure eventually it would get incredibly annoying when trying to complete your Pokédex.

9. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I think it'd be really cool! I mean, to see your Pokémon evolve right in the middle of a tough battle? That'd be awesome! :3

10. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    This is something that I've wanted since I've first watched the anime. It would definitely spice up battles and make them more fun for me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.