1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime you would not recommend!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Let's face it, some animes don't really hit the mark in your heart. There are some that you just don't enjoy!

What are these animes that you don't like? Is there a reason that you don't like them? What is that reason?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. broongus

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,635.0
    Naruto/Naruto Shippuden.
    • There are a FEW good moments in either series, but as a whole they are just sub-par.
    • The main character sucks.
    • Half of the supporting characters are more interesting/likable.
    • The ideas that are presented as the main theme of the story change every other minute.
    • There is inconsistent (and incredibly stupid) character writing in addition to a large number of massive plot holes.
    • The writer constantly breaks his own in-universe laws/rules.
    • Many key plot points are predictable.
    • Masashi Kishimoto is not a good storyteller.
    • The majority of the Naruto fan base is unintelligent and illogical (the Narutards).
    • The universe and story of Naruto had so much potential, but it was ultimately wasted.

Believe it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aurelia likes this.
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    A friend of me made me watch FLCL, after doing some research, I was prepared for something over the top, disturbing or hilariously bad... It was neither, it's just weird and lame.

Also Mysterious Girlfriend X, don't ask why, just don't watch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mudkip

Mudkip Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Someone recommended that I watch this one called School Days and I've regretted that decision to this day. I watched the beginning thinking it was going to be just another dumb school romance, but dear lord what a mistake. Let's just say I haven't spoken to this person since they told me to watch this...

I implore you to at least read a summary of what happens, It's the craziest storyline I've ever heard. I have no idea how this even got put into production... I will warn you, it's quite graphic.

5. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Completely agreed, don't watch it. Unless if you're into that kind of weird stuff... Which we apparently are :/

Also, if you like to keep your sanity somewhat intact (then you shouldn't be on Lake Valor anyway), then don't watch Elfen Lied. However, if your sanity is already long gone, go ahead and watch it, it's your choice :)

6. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Genocyber. It is a couple of OVAs but overall it makes little sense. And it is VERY graphic violence-wise, with disembowelments a plenty. I'd also urge y'all to give the Wolverine anime a miss. It's...such a lame story, featuring a skinny-Jackman Wolverine. Simply awful.

FLCL however wasn't that bad. Nonsensical, sure, but it was only a few episodes of sheer randomness. And its last ep was fairly sweet.

7. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    @[member="Slowbroongus"] senpai... Im afraid i must disagree with you..

But back to point!

Blood lad.

I watched few episodes of it... it really wasn't sinking in for me. Very floating story, not very deep.
    I also didn't like the fight scenes.

Also i was trolled to watch Boku no pico. I have horrible friends.

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I would absolutely not recommend Shinsekai yori. Watched a few episodes and dropped it instantly when those very young children started being disgusting in ways those who have seen the series would probably recognize. I also wasn't a fan of Kill la Kill due to all the unnecessary suggestive themes and near-nakedness.. tried to give it a shot and watch the entire show but in the end I ended up only slightly less appalled by it. Ehh.

9. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    I haven't truly met an anime that made me turn my head like Bludgeoning Angel Dokoro-chan it's the most god awful thing I've ever seen. Full of cliches, unneeded gore, and a plot line that tries to be so comedic it falls flat. 24 episodes and I barely got through two. This is coming from someone who's seen tons of anime. Trust me, it's not worth it.

10. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39,178.2
    Lucky Star--You know you're in trouble when you almost fall asleep during the first episode waiting for something--anything--interesting to happen.

MajesticFlygon likes this.
  11. TehAbsol

TehAbsol Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I honestly can't say that I've watched any animes that have bored me. I try to stay towards certain genres that I know I'll like. Also, it's really hard for me not to like a show/movie, so, yeah.

12. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    Glasslip - One of the most confusing anime shows I've ever seen in my life and it got a 5.69 out of 10 on My Anime List. It's one of those anime shows that doesn't make sense at all starting from the beginning until the very end of the series. They left out a lot of information, it was a huge mess heck even I couldn't keep up with it. The only reason why I lasted until the very end of the series is because of my favorite character Hiro Shirosaki. His side story was the only one that made sense and he was the smart one out of everyone. Unless you want to figure this anime out yourself I highly recommend not watching it. I do admit though this anime has fantastic designs. I love the art style for the landscapes it's very pretty.

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,729.6
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    First Squad The Moment of Truth, if you're fond of your mind and don't like mindfuck anime don't watch this one even if is only a 90 minutes movie. While it can be good is not for everyone and can seem every confusing and unorganized to some.

14. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Backing up Lucky Star and adding K-On! They're just boring. I understand it's slice of life but that doesn't mean it has to put you to sleep.

Another one is School Days DO NOT WATCH THIS literally every character is bad, all of them, none of them have any redeeming qualities. The only episode I liked was the final one.

15. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Agreeing with @[member="Nyanja"] about Glasslip. It is one of the worst anime I've ever watched; Glasslip has little to no plot, is far too strange for a "romantic SOL", and makes utterly no sense. At first it was interesting, given that it enticed me to figure out what the heck was going on, but in the end didn't deliver anything of substance. Sadly, the most interesting part is when the main character gets nailed in the face.

Another one on this list for me is Demon King Daimao. Probably my fault for not knowing it was an ecchi anime before I started watching, but I hate not giving an anime a chance. I can honestly say I don't get the appeal of an ecchi anime; the gags that make you laugh the first episode are completely blown up and over used (better ban it to Ubers). Again, the best part of this anime is when the main character nearly gets blown up himself. He probably should have been, to be honest.

16. Netnin

Netnin Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Knights of Sidonia. You may or may not have heard of it cause it's only on Netflix. It's bad, like I regret wasting my life watching it bad. The characters are incredibly stupid, and all the female characters fall for the main character for absolutely no reason. No... just no. They're all idiots, every last one of them. You can't feel for any of the characters, cause they're bland and/or ditzy as all hell.
    The action sequences don't even make up for it.

And before I forget: Black Blood Brothers. It suffers the exact same problem Knights of Sidonia has. Except, the characters aren't so much bland and ditzy as they are just poorly written and not well defined. Also Twilight Syndrome. Vampires aren't romantic, or sexy for that matter.
    At least they got some of their facts straight. Their vampires actually get hurt in the sun.

I've watched both of these 100%. I dunno why I did, but I strongly suggest you don't do the same.

17. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    Corpse Party: Tortured Souls: It has a really bad ending and most of these involve way too much of blood/gore and deadly child spirits... o-o'

18. TehAbsol

TehAbsol Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Sorry, but I have to disagree with you, @[member="LunarRabbitPikachu"]. I actually prefer to watch horror and gore animes, so I enjoyed the anime a lot! ^-^

LunarRabbitPikachu likes this.
  19. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    @[member="TehAbsol"] Well, I like watching blood/gore too; it just had a terrible ending. Plus, I meant to say for those people who don't like that kind of stuff. ^^;

20. Mon Amour

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Any anime with too much Filler, I just can't be bothered to watch through all that boring filler. I wanna get back to the story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.