1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

    Login or Sign Up

Annoying Things You See in People

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cobalt, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobalt

    Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Posts:
    1,729
    PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    What are some annoying things you've seen in people you meet? For example:

    I hate people who think they're better than everyone else because they don't give in to the "mainstream" things society brings to us or follow trends. Those people who make fun of people who take instagrams of their coffee, like popular artists like Taylor Swift, or something of the like.

    I also hate when people don't let others have fun. Zodiacs, for example. I don't read into them too much, but they're fun to glance at and think, "omg me". But there's always someone who has to say, "ugh u know that's not real right astrology means nothing." Like, just let people have fun, y'know?

    So, yeah, things like that. What are some annoying things you see people do?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Azazel

    Azazel Better count your blessings

    Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2015
    Posts:
    6,615
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I agree so much with your second point. Overly serious and negative people are very draining. Just let people have fun, let them be happy, it's not hurting you.
     
  3. Nator

    Nator Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2014
    Posts:
    4,333
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I generally don't take a liking to super trendy things, especially if it's something of a concept that could've been done years ago (*cough* Flappy Bird). What's up with this Five Nights at Freddy's thing too? Looks like a cheesy flash game that was made back in 2006. Why does opening and closing doors consume power? People who follow nothing BUT mainstream and trendy things kind of get on my nerves. They're afraid to challenge the status quo.

    Also, people who think of you as "crazy" and completely alienate you just because you believe in a couple of "conspiracy theories". You can seriously present all the facts and evidence that suggests a particular conspiracy theory is more or less a fact, and they will still be in denial.

    People who NAG all the time. Don't even get me started on these wretched fiends. "Do this, do that. Where you going? What's that? You should listen to me because I'm old & wise".

    I could really go on of the things that bother me about certain individuals, but those are a few things that really grind my gears.
     
  4. Noctis

    Noctis *this message has been removed*

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2014
    Posts:
    863
    PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    I completely agree with you with those kinds of people.

    Especially on the subject of Zodiacs.
    I'm a science nut, I know that the chances of your fortune being told because of where you were aligned with the stars as absolutely minimal. However, with that being said, I avoid becoming a party pooper when Zodiacs are being mention. Why? Because it's fun, of course!

    I think what really irritates me the most when I first encounter people are the people who are instantly judgmental of someone they meet. I can't tell you the countless times I was getting to know someone, another person comes up and introduces themselves, then my acquaintance starts to diss on them instantly they leave. Those are the kind of people I tend to not enjoy hanging out with; who's to say they aren't talking bad about you behind your back?

    News flash, they probably are!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. A Wild Morgan Freeman

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Posts:
    195
    PokéPoints:
    ₽49.1
    Personaly, I can't stand easily butthurt people. You even mention a religion, or a cultural group, and their on you instantly.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Achromatic

    Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

    Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2012
    Posts:
    12,736
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I don't like it when people that think there is only one opinion on something, or that their opinion is fact. It can be really annoying to deal with, and people really need to understand that everyone will have a different opinion from you, try to understand even if you disagree.

    I'd try to say more, but honestly I might be a bit hypocritical and end up doing them myself, so I'll refrain, haha.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. YouHoney

    YouHoney Snow wanderer

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2014
    Posts:
    1,032
    PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    I was gonna say that.

    Hypocritical people. Oh how i fucking hate it xD
    The fact that you say not to do something and then do it yourself is so annoying!!!
    Funny thing is that my mother is the queen of hypocriticism...

    Mom: "Dont swear!"
    5 sec pass...
    Mom: "Voi Vittu!" (Finnish curse word for "For fucks sake")
     
  8. 8542Madness

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2014
    Posts:
    1,282
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I hate dramatic people. People who go out of their way to make a big deal out of things that don't need to be a big deal just drive me insane. They make mountains out of molehills and cause problems to be infinitely more painful to deal with. Unfortunately, I have a lot of people like this in my life.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Hraesvelgr

    Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

    Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Posts:
    8,214
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,557.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    People that think they know it all, but in reality know less than you do. I can't stand people that are like that, is an instant "shove off" ticket from me. Unfortunately I live in the same house as one.

    Overly dramatic people and attention whores, nope just nope. Don't make a big deal out of every little thing and/or don't try to make everything be about you.

    People that think they're better than others for whatever weak reason they seem to have.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Aurelia

    Aurelia Supporter

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2014
    Posts:
    846
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I usually say everything about everyone since everyone usually irritates me, but then I wouldn't have much friends.

    I try to be understanding towards people even if they do have flaws. But really the few major ones that really get to me is:

    People who have to be the center of attention. I mean really, I grew up in a house hold that was like that. I don't need to bed exposed to more of that crap.

    Religious people who will shove the bible down your throat. I don't care about your religion so keep that load of crap away from me please.

    Over dramatic people who demand to be better than everyone else. I have met people like you and you're so annoying.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. LostSpirit

    Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2014
    Posts:
    6,929
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    It really bothers me when judge someone's else's worth and identity based on how they look. You have all these gossip shows where they bash on people's styles and opinions. For example, recently, Zendaya Coleman wore dreadlocks to the 2015 Oscars, and Giuliana Rancic decided to say because she wore her hair like that, Zendaya probably smelled like weed. Another viral thing on the internet recently was the story of Natalia Kills and Willie Moon. Both Natalia Kills and Willie Moon were judges on the New Zealand version of The X Factor, a TV talent search for the next amazing singer. The two judges bashed on one of the singers for wearing a suit and a combover because he looked like Willie. They did not once comment on his singing ability and continued to be "ashamed to be here" and rather be condescending to the aspiring singer.

    You would think that people wouldn't judge a book by its cover, but it happens everyday. We have our own stereotypes in mind, but that needs to change for the better. Being open-minded is a good thing, so when the fact that someone else will judge you for looking a certain way is absolutely terrible and annoying.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cobalt and Hraesvelgr like this.
  12. colours

    colours » seedFLARE

    Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Posts:
    1,981
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Stupidity.

    I'm sorry, but working at different theme parks for as long as I have, it gets to the point where you just generally hate people due to the fact that they come in all shapes and sizes of "dumb", some more apparent than others. To be more specific, even though this is a trait that I admittedly have myself, obliviousness just bugs me. There's the cute kind of obliviousness, in which it's not such a big deal, and then there's the blatant kind where I'm not even really sure if you're trying. I get so many of the latter on a daily basis that it's just grating.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Shada

    Shada netflix binging


    (Taillow)
    Level 7
    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Posts:
    4,164
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I find people who judge too quickly annoying. You can tell it easily, with their face-reaction to things, and it's really annoying.
    People who rely their lives on Horoscopes are annoying as well, they somehow know what's going to happen everyday. Wait, and try to find that by yourself, maybe that'll put some fun in your life.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page