1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Any good JRPGs?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by EmeraldGlee, Jan 13, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Hello there! I've been browsing through this section, and didn't see any of the sort, so yeah.

I'm kinda looking for a really good JRPG (Japanese Role Playing Game) that's for the DS. I've been browsing through other forums, but I would like to hear what you guys would suggest. A nice summary of the gameplay, maybe a preview of the plot would be good. Then, maybe we can all fangirl/fanboy about our favorite titles together once I've played it :) (God knows how many times I fangirl with Slugkid about games. :D) Something aside Pokémon, of course. XD

Games that I've played:
    > TWEWY
    > FF3
    > All Rune Factory games
    > Devil Survivor
    > Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
    > My World My Way (this was so silly XD)
    > Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja

I know I've played more, but I can't remember at the moment. I'll update this list later, when I get home. :3

Oh, and if you guys know of any games like Phoenix Wright, or Ghost Trick,'I would love to hear about it! :) Hotel Dusk something or other enters the mind.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Oh, you've played TWEWY have you. That is such a great game. Get 'em Piggy

I'm going to recommend a game I've never even played. Ever heard of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch? Also, (I have played this one) I'm not sure if it counts as a JRPG, but Dragon Quest XI is a pretty good game, even if it is only for DS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    Dragon Quest, (4, 5, 6, or 9) Suikoden, and Chrono Trigger are all very good

4. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I'd check out the Final Fantasy IV remake on DS. It's the same great classic game but with awesome 3D graphics that are top notch for DS. It introduced the ATB system to the series which you'll recognize if you played any FF game between IV and IX, and is full of memorable characters, each with their own set of talents. Varied environments and enemies, classic fantasy storytelling. It's one of the all time classic jRPGs, worth looking into.

5. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    There's this one JRPG that has become one of my favorite games- its called Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. It's currently only for PS3, but they are working on bringing it to the DS/3DS. So be on the look out for it! :)

The game is made by Level 5 and Studio Ghibli. The graphics are amazing, and its kind of a sandbox type game. There is a main plot, but the world is massive and there are a lot of side missions and stuff to do instead! :) You get to befriend little creatures and add them to your team, kind of like Pokémon.
    http://ninokunigame.com/ This is the official site if you wanted to find out more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.