1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 4 Any tips on using Buizel?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by BluetailsTheBuizel, Aug 13, 2018.

1. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    Buizel does not have a good learnset in my opinion. But I really want this guy to be on my team. Any tips and tricks using a Buizel as part of my team?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I would give him some kind of water boosting item, like a water plate (or whatever it’s called)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    *Clicks finger* ...Or a Mystic Water! (That's a Splash Plate btw.)

Pory-ZPlayz likes this.
  4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Personally, I'm not a Buizel fan. For an early game, it sure is handy being fast and somewhat hard hitting, so works really well in tandem with water attacks to defeat most other early game rock, ground and fire types. Aqua Jet is one of its biggest strengths IMO

But you're right. Buizel's learnset is very limited and most special moves are going to lose their effectiveness once it evolves. Plus it's going to struggle against other fast Pokémon who hit just as hard. Buizel is already fairly fast, so I don't see much appeal into using Swift Swim especially when you have to waste a slot for Rain Dance to trigger it. He can already use Aqua Jet which allows him to strike first under most circumstances. If you can get one with Water Veil, I find not getting burned and having his attack suppressed a much bigger asset than a boost to its already quick speed.

However Buizel has access to Ice Punch via tutor, giving it a good counter to grass types and if you have transferred one from DPPt, there is also an opportunity to teach it Dig and deal with electric attackers.

If it were me, I'd only be using Buizel until it's time to evolve it and even Floatzel has a hard time staying alive especially late in the game when stronger defensive Pokémon can take it out in just a couple of hits. If you are planning to keep him unevolved, I'd give him an Eviolite to help his meager defensive stats.

BluetailsTheBuizel likes this.
  5. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    Wow! Thanks for the tip trainer. Bu what about in Ultra Sun?

Edit: nvr mind, you can't get Buizel in US. But I can see why, probably.

#5 Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  6. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    If you got PokeBank, then you can get a Floatzel via X or Y and use the transporter to US. Or alternatively you can ask for Buizel via GTS. You’re more likely to get a trade on there if you post something of equal or lesser value.