1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Are you excited yet?!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    So, many of us were feeling pretty let down for a lot of the duration of the build up to these games, but recently TPC has started revealing more exciting, brand new content for these games and it seems like they're going to be very interesting indeed. So I'm asking those that were feeling a bit down on the games previously... are you excited yet?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I haven't really watched most of the trailers but I'm still excited mainly because there's stuff I don't know about so there's something I can discover on my own. I were feeling let down by the content I did see, which is pretty much just the new ultra beasts revealed and the lycanroc form, that's wasn't really that great to me as I don't really care much for new forms least of all one that's event limited or ultra beasts. But I have heard without getting spoiled that they've really picked up the pace and shown some good stuff now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    This will sound odd, but yes and no.

Yes because this is a new Pokémon game obviously, but they've promised a full-on break from the norm and made these games super dark and complicating the Pokémon timeline further. So many new features and things you can do compared to Sun and Moon.

No because these games have also shaped up to look like Ultra Red and Ultra Blue. I never grew up with Red and Blue because I wasn't even taking up space in this world yet so I feel absolutely no connection between all this Kanto shit. It's fine to know the people who got you to a point where you can thank them, but don't make a pander-y love letter to them through this game.

4. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Im pretty hype for these games!! They seemed to have toned down the Gen1 references a bit, so that's a nice thing. I'm just really excited to play this storyline as it seems so dark and different then "save the world" to me.

Hopefully this will be a true 20th anniversary game unlike the original Sun/Moon.

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    You bet your butt that I'm excited for these games. This seems like it's gonna be quite the awesome send-off for the 3DS, and 21 years of Pokémon as well! I can't wait to see how much stuff is packed into here! :love:

6. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    This is me, 100%. While I am excited for USUM because I felt SM was just so underwhelming, and Alola went from 0-100 real quick with these trailers, I am really sick and tired of Kanto. It's been shoved in our faces since XY, so it's just really... irritating and annoying to see even more of it. Though, hopefully USUM will change my currently negative opinion of Alola. I'm sure it will.

Skittle likes this.
  7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    The hype and wait are both killing me! I REALLY want this game right now! needless to say that I'll have to wait though.

8. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Really really hype! Accidently stumbled on a spoiler for one of the new Pokémon/ultra beasts (I dunno, I clicked away quickly) and I really liked the glance I got of it!
    Plus this storyline seems so much more interesting now!!

9. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Hmmm I'm not exactly that thrilled about the game, to be honest. BUT I'm still looking forward to playing it once it's released. This might be my last Pokémon game before I completely retire from the series since they're moving on to the Switch very soon, and they did promise us an "ultra" expansion unlike the previous third versions so who knows? Maybe it will turn out to be a truly grand finale for the 3DS.

I wish they hadn't revealed so much of the game's contents before its release, though. I think the whole deal with Rainbow Rocket could have been a great surprise for the fans to find if they went into the game not knowing what to expect. Same goes for the new Ultra Beasts. They could have just dropped a few hints of potential newly discovered UBs so the fans could discover them by themselves.

Still, I'm fairly optimistic about USUM. I really hope it lives up to the hype ^_^

10. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    Honestly, not all that much. It's definitely the first time in quite a while that I've felt like I really need to be convinced to buy it, compared to every other Pokémon game where I knew I was going to buy it from the get-go.

On the one hand, I feel like it's doing a lot of things right by adding new trials and new areas and content like that, the stuff typical of a third version. I like SM, but I definitely felt like it was a tad rushed to meet its release date and that I wished the content that had obviously been cut was back in. On the flipside, stuff like Rainbow Rocket feels like a watered down variant of the PWT, and the stuff that expands on the Aether/Skull plot is worrying because Sun and Moon on their own were already a good, focused story. Rainbow Rocket especially feels like a letdown, because even though I'm tired of Gen 1 stuff as much as the next person, I really would have liked to see an actual return of Rocket, alone and unhindered. Instead it's just "use the multiverse portal excuse to have fanservice", and that's the bad way of doing fanservice. Super Mystery Dungeon did fanservice that way and most people realized it sucked after the initial, face-value "oh hey cool" feeling wore off.

I dunno. I hope they drop the whole third version concept entirely after this generation, because the amount of people I've seen who aren't excited or need convincing to get USUM is enough proof for me that the mere promise of a third version isn't enough to lure people in. Lord knows they wouldn't be able to justify it once they move to the Switch, what with the cost of Switch games.

11. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    I'm always excited to play a new Pokémon game, 3rd versions or sequels aren't as exciting as seeing a new region with many new Pokémon, but they tend to be great games with a ton of content, so I'm hoping it'll be the same with USUM.

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have managed to dodge a whole lot of spoilers so far, and I am pretty excited about the game. Sure, lots of things will probably be the same and some Pokémon will be getting new z-moves, but I also heard about a lot of new stuff by rumor and I am impatiently waiting for the release.

13. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    All the hype!!! :fuming:

14. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I'm on the verge of throwing a party. US/UM is breaking all barriers, and it's absolutely amazing. Wormholes, evolutions, past villains returning. What will the storyline be like?
    #MissingNo

15. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Am Really Excited For The Game But I Need To Handle Something While Having A Hypes.

Geroniny Sin:"(*Saw Her Favourite Spacecraft While Trying This Post And Talk Towards Her Favourite Spacecraft After She Post This*)...'Cassini',Don't Make Myself Feel Even More Stress From Both New Pokémon Game And Your Mission To Saturn!"

#15 Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  16. KinokoKoneko

KinokoKoneko Bug Catcher

Heracross
    (Heracross)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.8
    SO excited! I always really enjoy the third/sequel/enhanced version (Whatever you want to call it!)

17. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    THE HYPE...IS..REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!

18. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm really excited. I haven't played a Pokémon game in over a year. I'm really hoping that the nostalgia will not be the main factor in me enjoying kicking 20 years of villians' butts.

19. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    I'm really excited as well.

20. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    two days left aaAAA-