1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Are you trying to learn a different language?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShireHime, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Well, since I already know english and spanish, I'm already bilingual. But, im currently learning a little hit of sign language. Beware, some words look like others, and most of then are 'dirty' words.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I took german for two semesters of high school. I went to a community college for 2 years that didn't offer it which sucks because i wanted to minor in it :c but this year since I transferred i'm taking it again! i know very minimal phrases but i'd be very lost if i ever did get the chance to go to Germany.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I'm currently learning Japanese at the moment and is self taught. I've been learning for quite some time, mostly off and on sort of thing. I'm hoping to learn Japanese in the next few years or by the end of the year despite being at basic level.

4. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    At the moment Iḿ taking a third year of French at my high school but I feel like Iḿ going to forget 101% of everything I learned here lmao.

One day I want to understand Japanese better as my extent of the language is random words and a small part of me wants to learn a bit of Italian as well due to having a friend there!

Oddly enough, it feels like more than half of my high school speaks Spanish but I have 0 interest in the language. Iḿ weird I guess.

5. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I want to lean Japanese because...I...want to watch raw anime!
    Uhm. Yeah.

I also have a few years of French schooling, and I can hold an extremely boring and bland conversation. I can put people to sleep with my French! Aren't I good.
    #MissingNo

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I was interested in learning Japanese but I'm not right now.
    My craze dissapears soon.

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've been on and off with Japanese for a little over a year now.

I also tried to learn Mandarin and Cantonese, but let's face it, if you didn't grow up with those languages, it's a VERY uphill battle.>_>

8. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'm still improving my English.
    I also have a bit of German.

9. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    First and foremost I need to improve my english, still trapped in the most common mistakes and simplest words. I've been think on learning japanese or russian too, I'm aware they are gonna a pain though. x_x

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I grew up with Hebrew, but learning other languages has been tough. I can kinda understand Spanish and, to a lesser extent, Japanese, but communicating back is almost impossible... T_T

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Trying to learn German currently! Duolingo is a decent program for those trying to learn any language.

12. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    i speak english and chinese on a daily basis, but i'm currently learning japanese! it's self-taught and i'm making good progress :D
    i'm also interested in french, but i've never gotten down to actually learning it xD
    we should actually make a group or something (via idk, discord or even just a thread) so we can all converse in the language we wish to learn, and therefore help each other out! eg a group for learning jap or a group for learning french etc
    does anyone want to? :)
    ((y'all probably won't see this if you don't watch the thread because i'm lazy to tag :3)

13. Dodger

Dodger Youngster

Charmander
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6.8
    I'm intrested in learning Swedish, it sounds pretty intresting and all ! I'm currently fluent in three languages, but I don't use one of them.

14. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Well, I learnt Indonesian in primary school...And currently I'm learning both Japanese and French, so...

15. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I studied Japanese for a couple of years in college. It's hard, but I'd like to learn more on my own.

16. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I never stick with languages I start but I've recently wanted to learn Dutch!

17. SleepyKid

SleepyKid Bug Catcher

Xan
    (Charmander)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.1
    I wish i could learn another language in my university :/

18. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I took up Spanish classes in school from 7th - 10th grade, but most of what I learned kind of fell right through my brain. I would love to learn Russian or German some day, but I don't know if I have the motivation to keep up the studies.

19. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I was learning Japanese, Thai and some European language.
    But just got too busy to keep up the practice.

I need to pick up the pace again.

20. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Well I know hindi and English, I'm also learning Japanese. I study Japanese whenever I get time.
    I know basic words and phrases of Spanish and Dutch but it can't be called learning since I just learnt the words not the language. I am planning on doing Spanish after Japanese but yeah we'll see. For now I'm sticking to Japanese and improving my english more.