1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Art Portfolios

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Sep 6, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Art portfolios are used for artists to showcase what they can do with their abilities! Have you guys ever made an art portfolio? How did you choose what you would showcase?

I can’t really consider my art galleries on LV to be a portfolio because it’s pretty much everything I’ve ever made. It’s not refined to the best of the best at all. I should probably make one though. It’ll make doing commissio work easier heck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Blair_Chandra

Blair_Chandra Torchic Queen

Blaze
    (Combusken)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Well with my recent (and only) portfolio, I've been putting either my biggest projects or the stuff I have from Inktember.
    Because my older stuff I don't consider up to snuff, my style has evolved a bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    awney likes this.
  3. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    You either pick only the things you really liked, or the things you know your client will like.

4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I've got one! Got it up recently and redesigned it to look a bit nicer, since the one I had up years ago was kinda bleh looking imo. It's mostly a graphics art showcase but I included some drawn artwork too, to show diversity. =') Going to be applying for jobs in the field when I feel fully satisfied with it.

5. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    Redesigning is great.

Actually both on writing and drawing if you take your past work or from some others, you can greatly improve your creativity.

Although it sometimes make you disappointed with the original work, I mean, look at some mega evolutions on deviant art.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have a DA gallery? But it pretty much everything I have drawn so far, when I get more stuff, I will probably need to cut down on pieces, that is going to be fun

7. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    I just tested Artstation this week, seems better than dA to display your portifolio.

Keep all on dA, show the best on art station, people are often lost on deviant art, especially with the related art.