1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Mar 29, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    These are the three bird legendaries of Gen 1, and they have appeared in other generations since. What are your thoughts on them? And which is your favorite?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    This is an easy one. Articuno. She has a special place in my heart, as she was my first shiny Legendary. Unfortunately, she was lost when my brother saved over my file. I only German Suplexed him six times....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Articuno. Design wise, I think it looks the best. I really love the coloring and the feathers. It really does look quite pretty and frankly looks more like a bird compared to the other two.

4. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    Articuno [3D='144'] is my favorite. I love the way it flies in the anime; plus, it has great defense and special defense. x3 However for battle wise, Zapdos [3D='145'] is the winner. It was both Articuno and Moltres's weakness, electric.

5. Kizojin

Kizojin Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    i like zapdos, looks cool to me -the other birds are cool as well- and is a great Pokémon for battle. -wishes he had one atm tho- i used him alot before on a older game XD

6. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Articuno for me! He is a gorgeously elegant looking Pokémon! An ice bird! I love his battle cry and I've used him in the past some I liked him best out of the three legendary birds.

7. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Zapdos > Articuno > Moltres

Zapdos is my favorite because of its beastly, intimidating design and raw power! I love all the legendary birds though, just to be clear. They'll always be my favorite legend trio.

8. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    Zapdos was pretty cool when I saw the legendary birds, as well in the comptetitive scene. Articuno; I never experienced to catch. (rip)

9. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Zapdos! Krrrzap. For obvious reasons. 8] I love electric types and Zapdos has an amazing design, plus it's the most useful thing ever in R/B/Y/FR/LG. Have any of you captured and used it through the E4 challenges?! Made things so much easier. ♥

10. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    @[member="Sheep"] I used my Articuno actually, in FR/LG in the elite four I think! Haha, maybe moltres too.

Articuno is my favorite too! And it was rather, very hard to catch each and every time I ran into it... I love the legendary birds, yet I'm surprised at their lack of use competitively. Which do you think is the strongest of the 3?

11. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Articuno is my favorite Legendary Burd. I love its typing and its design and it's pretty powerful too! I don't like Moltres very much since Charizard is better, but Zapdos is pretty cool- and it doesn't have a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock. :)

12. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Articuno. It's the first,Uno, and Ice~

13. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Articuno is my favorite out of the three, especially since Ice types were some of my favorites in the earlier generations and they were also quite rare. Out of the three, I'd say zapdos is probably the best, since its electric dual typing enables it to have a stab super effective move against both articuno and moltres, plus its defenses are pretty good and its typing is great defensively. I liked Articuno even more after watching some of the anime and learning that it could learn water pulse. In Pokémon Leafgreen, Articuno was one of the few legendaries I actually used against the elite four, and it helped a lot against Lance's team.

14. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    Zapdos has always had a special place with me; I really love its design, and I used to use it a lot back when I first played Red/Blue Rescue Team. Even though I never use it to fight with in the main games, I always make sure to capture it, anyhow, just for the sake of having it.

15. silentlightness

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Well I'm gonna say Moltres, I've always prefered fire types over electric/ice~ Besides I like it's design better.
    But if I had to rank then it'd be Moltres > Articuno > Zapdos.

16. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My favourite used to be Articuno, but after using Zapdos many time as part of my Showdown team, I've grown to like it more because of its power and speed. Sure, Articuno's design may be beautiful, but Zapdos' battle prowess elevates his status above all else.

17. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I like Articuno the best, definitely. It was the first Pokémon I ever got to Lv.100 in any Pokémon game, so it holds a special place in my heart. Zapdos is cool too, but I'm not a huge fan of Moltres.

18. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    My favorite is Articuno. It just looks so elegant and graceful, and it has a nice sounding cry. Competitively I like Zapdos a lot!

19. Aironic

Aironic PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Articuno!!

20. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Articuno. It is number 'uno' after all. Heh. Other than that, I prefer using it more in battles than the other birds. Mind Reader+ Sheer Cold ftw~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.