1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Anime Ash Ketchum Wins the Alola League!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Wizard, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    Finally, after many years of waiting, Ash Ketchum is champion in one of the regions from the mainline Pokémon games!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1173230674335195136

Thoughts on the victory? What do you think is next for Ash Ketchum? Is it time for him to leave the anime as the main protagonist?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I think since he's the champion now, he kind of has to leave, but I wouldn't be surprised if the writers found a way to have him back out of his champion duties and continue on to the Galar region. It would be cool to have the Galar championship be sort of like a tournament of champions in which the champions from all of the regions are competing against each other, since that would also tie in with the new mobile game pretty well, but I doubt they'll do anything that cool.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    With any luck we will actually see Ash 'retire' from being a protagonist. Maybe now they can let him grow up...

4. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I'm very happy to see Ash win something for a change. He hasn't won anything significant in a VERY long time. He deserves all the praise he received today and I only hope he wins more in the future.

Also, I do strongly believe Ash will go to Galar. It's been said several times that being a Pokémon Champion is just a stepping stone when it comes to being a Pokémon master, and he didn't stop after his Orange Island league win. I believe in the episode they said that the road from being a Pokémon master is far from over. I don't want to see Ash go, mainly because I really do enjoy him as a character, and the anime just wouldn't feel the same without him.

5. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    I'm really super happy to see Ash win! It's very nostalgic and he definitely deserved it <3. I'm gonna have to buy his Alolan cap.

As for Ash retirement. I would like to see that and at the same time I would not. But, it'd be great to see him grow up, honestly. Appear in the anime from time to time, maybe travel from time to time and visit the main chara or teach him something. Or maybe even some episodes following him, some others not following him. I mean, there are many things Pokémon could do!! They just don't. But if it was up to me, and even though I would really miss him a lot, I'd definitely make him stay in Alola for a while as Champion and get a new main character but: it should be a girl main character! Come on, when are they going to do that? Or maybe shifting main charas? Idk, but if they keep Ash, it won't be bad for me. But I would like to see him grow up.

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    It technically makes sense, since the player (Ash in this case) IS the first champion of Alola. However, I feel like they WILL back out. Which sucks, because it's been over 20 years and his reset every single time is getting annoying.
    I really hope we're getting a new face for our next main character! If we are, I wonder if the Galarian protagonists are going to be the main characters for their own anime? If they do so, I REALLY hope for the female player (hopefully they'll also hop on the fan bandwagon and let her be Scottish) to be our next protagonist.

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Tbh, I had a feeling that he would win since he’s the protagonist. Also this was trending on Twitter yesterday. They’ll probably think of some excuse to have Ash come to Galar.

8. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    My entire world has just fallen apart

#8 Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  9. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    Neb and Darkmaster006 like this.
  10. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Before All Of This Happen, I Already Knew That He Will Win Plus I Actually Predict He Will Win Because Of The Theory: If Ash Win, The Series Ends. So I Really Knew He Will Win This Time Because Of The New Announced Pokémon Anime Series. So... We Kinda Predict Everything In This Moment.

As What I Said In Our Discord Chat When This Happen...
    "I Knew The Announced New Anime Series Had Something Do With Ash Winning!"

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    It feels kind of fitting that Ash would win the Alola League. In the games, your characters is the first person to beat the Alola League, so having the anime version of the League be the first that Ash actually wins seems like an interesting reversal of that idea. Now I'm hoping that they actually use this as the conclusion of Ash's story and move on to a new protagonist. Though they can still have Ash as a reoccurring character or something, so that we can get glimpses of his continued adventures and maybe actually see him grow up. (Or maybe they can do what Naruto and Yo-Kai Watch have done and make the new series about Ash's kid.)

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I haven’t watched the anime in years, but knowing Ash actually won a Pokémon league feels so surreal.

13. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Bit of a hot take, but while I think that Ash finally winning the Alola League is an excellent show of his growth as a character, and has been long overdue, I really don't mind the fact that he lost in Kalos, despite many thinking otherwise.

That's because Alain, his opponent in the finals, had his own journey of growth that he had going for him, and I think both of them were equally legit for the championship. I seriously didn't mind Alain coming out on top, and I don't think Ash did either.

Which is more than can be said for championship run in Sinnoh, where it was absolutely and completely rigged, and nobody can tell me otherwise.

14. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I haven't watched the episode yet, because I've been watching the show in English (and considering everybody on here is calling him 'Ash' and not 'Satoshi', I can't be the only one), but I'm really excited that he wins the Alola league. I don't really see it as that huge of a milestone though, and especially not the end of his journey. Ash has said that becoming a Pokémon master means more than just winning a league. Maybe now that he's achieved this goal, we can learn more about what exactly it would mean for him to achieve his dream. I would love to see more character growth in that way (strangely enough though, I don't really want Ash to age the way that so many people do. Loads of ongoing anime keep their protagonist the same age throughout even though it makes no sense, but I don't really see people complaining about Conan not really aging in Detective Conan/Case Closed). I think what we really need is for people to realize that we can have character growth without characters aging.

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I haven't watched that far in the anime yet, I'm painfully behind actually. But all I can say is, FINALLY! Took him long enough to win one of these.