1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ash's krabby/Kingler (Season 2: Episodes 21-22) (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Just an FYI, there might be spoilers ahead so just bear that in mind if you haven't watched these episodes.

So i started rewatching the indigo league (Season 1 and Season 2) on Netflix and i finally got to the episodes where ash finally makes it to the Pokémon league.
    Ash decides to bring his Krabby along for his first battle. His opponent sends out an Eggsecutor(Sorry if i spell the name wrong) Krabby gets hit by egg bombs, and psychic attacks and you want to know what Krabby does. Krabby uses vicegrip, stomp, and instantly makes the Eggsecutor faint.

So let me explain this to you in pictures...

THIS!
    [​IMG]

Beat this...
    [​IMG]

LIKE THIS!
    [​IMG]
    Then Krabby evolved into this
    [​IMG]

So ironically, the opponent tells ash that was beginners luck, and I have to agree with the opponent. I just sat there watching this episode jaw dropped, like it was bad enough I saw ash beat Brock with a Pikachu in a cheap way, but this Legit grinds my gears. Oh but it gets hilarious don't get me wrong, i still laughed at the sheer anime logic this episode had.

The opponent now sends out Seadra to ash's newly evolved Kingler. So i'm like "aight, this should be a pretty good battle since they both are the same type." Nope, Kingler uses bubble, and Seadra flies in the air to automatically faint. What?!

And finally its Kingler vs Golbat, so far Ash has 3-1'd his opponent (which is honestly ridiculous rofl) I guess the writers thought Golbat can be an entertaining Pokémon to see in battle, then again Crobat hasn't been created yet. So as the battle goes, Ash's Kingler is getting wrecked, until this happens...
    Ash tells Kingler to use Hyper Beam.

Ok lets see here, Ash has never used Krabby or Kingler enough times to actually know what moves it can learn or even use. So this in itself is crazy!
    Overall This episode in a nutshell is Krabby/Kingler sweeps. I think this will be the only time Ash ever gets close to sweeping potential. In episode 22 his Kingler continues to break the competition.

Never have i had such rage for an episode yet so much fun just watching the episode. If you ever get the chance, go watch episode 21 and 22 of Season 2 of the Indigo League.

Tell me guys, do you think we will ever see Ash pull off a sweep again, or even see Kingler in action again. If anything Ash's Kingler should get some recognition if they ever decided to make some X and Y specials.

Also if you have watched this Episode what do you think of it? Do you think it was ridiculous yet hilarious to watch?

Do you think Ash's Kingler is at the level of awesomeness as his Charizard?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. empire_c2

empire_c2 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I watched the Kanto season fairly recently and there were a few times that were insane (like you said with Pikachu and Onix). Worse was Pikachu vs Rhydon. I won't even start on that...

This though... yeah I am still stumped by this episode. It throws all knowledge of typing out the door to the point Brock says Kingler is weak to air attacks. Executor should have creamed Krabby by typing alone.

What I loved about it though, was Ash finally used Krabby. You rarely got to see the little guy and he is a favourite of mine. I doubt Ash will ever sweep like that again considering his trainer skills get reset every time. However, I would love to see Kingler battle again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.