1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask a artistic Kitsune!

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Shadria, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Busy, really busy. So busy I can't even really participate as much as I'd like. May have been a mistake for me to even apply this year..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I believe that so long as you participate to the best of your ability, it isn't a mistake to join up. I don't have as much time as I could, because I enjoy sleeping too much- but it has been nice being a part of something.

If you could create an event, what would you pick?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    what is your least favorite kind of candy?

4. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    How does one develop an art style?

5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    something I was thinking about doing for Halloween, but was unable to really work it out.. something akin to Lovebird Decidueye- a special Zoroark arrives to create mass havoc by kidnapping Professor Azelf and creating bizarre illusions to stall/prevent users from finding the clues to Azelf's location. O_O
    black licorice, the smell alone makes me gag!
    art style is a bit difficult for me to explain on development side, but I think you can assist in it by trying many styles and techniques. I used to copy sterotypical 90's anime and also rubberband/pear-shaped western animation from the 70s-80s such as Looney Tunes or Disney, then moved on to trying realism and modern animation styles. Now it (my art style) seems to have a amalgamation of all of the above, but fairly unique in its own way. Don't be afraid to try different things, and remember- you can't steal 'art styles' unless you straight up trace or take someone's art as is. Similarities are everywhere and can't fully be avoided these days. ^_^

PoserPanda likes this.
  6. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Are there any games you liked as a kid, but dislike now, or vice versa?

7. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Used to like: Halo series. I can see some personal enjoyment out of my copy of Halo 1-4, but the spark of pure love I had for it as a kid is no longer around. I want to say that a ton of that love came from the fact I was playing it with my cousin. We did early 'rp/larp' with these games in story mode and multiplayer maps, we watched Red VS Blue (on my slow as heck internet so we barely saw anything regarding Red VS Blue) and tried playing out some of the jokes we saw. At one point on Halo 2, on a stage that had tons of Flood type enemies, our enemy/ally 'id/aim' (IDK what to call it) got messed up and showed each other as enemies. For a half hour we were killing each other while laughing and screaming that "[the other cousin] is possessed by the Flood, it's a mercy kill!" lol.

Used to dislike: Crash Bandicoot! When I was a litttle kid, my first game system was a Playstation, and in time I got several Playstation games. Some well known and popular, others were obscure, and a few were even magazine exclusive demos! Among them were Spyro 1 and 2.........and Crash Bandicoot. I tried Crash over and over, but at my young age, I couldn't get past the first level with all the boxes, and the second stage ended me each time. It got to a point I gave up and told myself that clearly, Crash Bandicoot was a horrible mess of a game. Then my cousin (yes, same cousin from above) scratched the game to a point I can't play it even today after it got cleaned up by semi-professionals. Over time, when my internet started to get better, I went to it in effort to finish up Spyro 1 and 2, and started to see Crash in my recommended. Crash 1, Crash 2, Crash 3, and even Crash Bash/Crash Team Racing, as well as the series' non-Naughty Dog games.. I started to see Crash for the game I never got to experience, and longed for it. I ended up getting Crash 2 and 3, my Crash 1 beyond repair with no replacements available for the time being.
    I first fell in love with the music, then the characters...and then finally the games themselves. I'm glad that I can see the wonder of Crash now, sad it took so long though..

DuoM2 likes this.
  8. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    It's been 3-4 years but I have changed the title to my QnA. And yes, it's active! :)

9. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Are there any games that you know is not great, but nostalgia keeps you wearing those rose-tinted glasses despite it all?

10. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    I don't think so, a lot of my games are either well known and liked, or obscure but also with a fanbase. I do have games that are known to have bugs, such as the PS1 version of Monsters Inc: Scare Team (this game had a different name in the PAL regions, Scare Island). There are people out there who speedrun this game by using glitches to fall through floors, walls, and get flung out of the sky box.
    I do not think this is what you meant by a 'not great game', but that is all I can think of as I've usually managed to avoid controversial or completely broken games by sheer luck. I have played Sonic 06, but by then I was aware of how bad the game's coding and gameplay was, and it belonged to my cousin, so I don't count it.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Hot or cold (when it comes to drinks)?

12. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    @sanianisa cold! my mouth is sensitive to both hot and cold, but slight pain in the teeth is better than the whole mouth scalding/getting burnt!

SAF likes this.
  13. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Of all the Pokémon you have captured in any of your Pokémon games, which left you feeling the most prideful?

14. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    In UltraMoon I got a Necrozma in a Beast Ball. Necrozma is NOT a Ultra Beast, so that capture was extremely unlikely to have happened as Beast Balls are less effective than Pokeballs.

15. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    What do you think of the shop on the newest version of Crash Team Racing?
    If you haven't played it yet, how well do you think you might race, against other players?

16. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    I don't have either of the new Crash games (I really want to get them, but need to save the money first), but the characters and stuff available via shop are really cool!
    Racing with other players..is something I can't really pinpoint. I'd probably be bad, if the times I played Mario Kart in Highschool said anything about my skills.. lol
    Sadly I never really had many kart racing games growing up ^^

PoserPanda likes this.
  17. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Have you ever been on a cruise ship?

18. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    oh jeeze I forgot to check here, I'm so sorry!!
    I have not been on a cruise ship! I've been on a little jet, and swam in the ocean, but never been on a big ship of any kind ^^

19. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    If you were to change any one thing about the world as it is right now, what would it be?

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    If you were in the Pokémon universe, what would be your dream job?