1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask an idol obsessed artist!!

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Beffie, Jan 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Do you like the song "Sweet & Sweet Holiday"? It's one of my favourite songs by Printemps ^_^

What attribute has the most of your favourite songs in SIF? (Is that confusing? Sorry)

What's your favourite song performed by μ's?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Who's your idol,writer?

Which is best place you ever visited?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Your opinion on trending music (eg Shape Of You)?
    #MissingNo

4. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    GEE THIS THREAD WENT PLACES IN LIKE 48 HOURS LAUGHS

Sweet and Sweet Holiday is pretty meh. It's nothing too great, but it's not too terrible either. I feel like it drags on too long though.

It's not confusing at all! A lot of Cool songs are... cool. I'm pretty sure when Ruby's solo I'm gonna be swayed to Pure because I love Ruby that much hehe

Yume no Tobira is probably one of my favorites. I kinda cried when Riko did a little bit of it in Sunshine...

I ACTUALLY DONT HAVE AN IDOL LOL but if I had to pick an "idol" it would probably be @[member="SkittleBox"] because she's amazing at writing and she inspired me to write a fanfic after 3 years.

Probably anywhere out of my state to be honest. My state is really boring, so seeing other places is really cool!

EUGH TRENDS GET THAT STUFF AWAY FROM ME I really don't like "trendy" music that much because it's all about Taylor Swift singing about another damn breakup. Or what's "mainstream" in my school is really explicit rap songs. Ugh.

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: How often do you practise writing?

:: What (not who) means a lot to you?

:: Are you trained in the ancient art of kotobombing?

6. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    How many plushies do you own?

If you could keep any Pokémon in your bag what would it be?

7. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    THIS THREAD WAS REVIVED BLESS BOTH OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACES

I guess whenever I feel like it now. I draw more often than write now... FALSE ADVERTISING ON THIS THREAD GASP

I'd say my friendships mean a lot to me. Even if I haven't seen/talked to some of them in a while, they mean a lot to me.

NO UNFORTUNATELY. I can't edit for the world so that's out of the question. rip.

YOU SHOULD SEE MY ROOM. They are about 40-50 plushes in that small little room.

I'd probably keep a Mudkip with me. They're so small and cute!

(i was gonna say cosmog but... we know about that.)

AeroHail likes this.
  8. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Huzzah for plushies! XD

Do you sleep on your side, back or face?

If you read a lot as a kid do you have a book from back then you're still fond of?

Do you have a joke that always makes you laugh?

9. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    How did you develop your current art style?

What is currently your favourite tool for drawing?

10. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    YES PLUSHIES

I guess I sleep on my face? It's more of my stomach than anything else. I sometimes sleep on my back though. Kudos to side sleepers. How do you do that?

I probably have a lot of books I'm fond of to this day, I just can't remember them. Mostly those books your parents also read as a child.

Not really a single joke, but I guess the inside jokes between me and my sister count. We have a lot of them. And they're all funny.

BUCKLE IN KIDDOS THIS ONE MIGHT BE LONG IM SORRY BUT ITS IMPORTANT

I'm gonna stick this one under a spoil tag because I don't want to clog the thread with a huge wall of text lmao

I guess the earliest parts of my art were based on seeing some YouTuber's "animations." They had a very cartoon style, almost bordering into a Sonic-esq style. Me being the stupid 13 year old I was at the time thought "hey that looks nice, i should do something like that!" and so my oldest style was made. (and it was bad please trust me) The style had me drawing larger than life eyes, which is important to this answer. Anyways along with that the anatomy was pretty bad. The heads were huge and the legs were basically not there they were so small. It was like a bootleg chibi. I still cringe thinking about those days rip

About a year later, I saw another video and I saw an animator's style, specifically the eyes caught me. So me being the stupid 14 I was, I decided "hey, those eyes look good! I should do something like that!" and thus a long "style transition" process started. The eyes were smaller than my current stuff, but they had the shape reflecting my current stuff. Also I was apparently a fan of super long arms. Don't ask. Also the legs were still sucky and the heads were still huge, but not as large as before. It was like a bootleg chibi but less bootleg is that makes sense.

Then I kinda found some cool artists on Tumblr and I slowly started phasing out of basing my art off of cringy animators and basing it on actual artists. I was still doing all this during the beginning of the current school year and somehow in one drawing, I guess I drew the eyes too large. Somehow, this stuck with other drawings, and the eyes started to look like my current stuff. I finally picked up the slack with learning proper anatomy. (especially the legs. those were terrible back then.) And I guess slowly everything started falling into place and now my style is set. I doubt it's going to change.

I personally like my ink pens a lot! It just makes everything look so much cleaner than my old pencil stuff. And there's no smudging up drawings as well!

ConfettiCat likes this.
  11. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    @WolfeyStar aww, thanks for answering with such detail ^_^

Speaking of detail, I think you often draw a great deal of it (especially on SiF card costumes hohoho). Do you like drawing frills/ruffles, and do you think you're good at it? I like ruffles but drawing them can be so hard for me *cries*

12. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    I guess I'm just passionate about that kind of stuff? I remember all the details because I still have that art lying around home ;w; I sob

Frills and ruffles are kinda hard to deal with, but I guess it gets easier with practice. and looking at a sif card for 30 minutes lmao I'd say maybe learn how ruffles work. Or y'know just draw jagged lines and add fluffy stuff underneath it. That's how I kinda do it but I'm not sure this would work for everyone.

Also yes I do put tons of detail into my stuff and it makes me want to die but it's fun to do at the same time. (funny i only do detail on sif card drawings otherwise i slap characters in comfy and easy to draw sweaters lmao)

13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Have you heard, "The Night We met" by Lord Huron

14. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: How long do you tend to think about tricky problems, before moving on to something else if you haven't made progress?

:: What is your most recent personal accomplishment?

:: Do you two keep a running tally of incidents where you've annoyed each other? If so, who has the most points?

15. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Are you sure you are a wolf and not just a doggo or puppers?

16. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    MORE QUESTIONS HEL YE

Nope. Is it a song? Sounds like it. (probably wouldnt be interested because its out of my trash music tastes.)

For as long as it takes for me to kinda give up. Sometimes I don't move on and I cry internally about it.

Recent accomplishments? Well I was able to talk to someone again after 4 months. (and we talked for like an hour and a half yesterday too lmao) Also I did some really nice art that I'm super proud of.

quickly checks if skittle got the same question We don't. If we did there would be no more room on whatever I'm keeping track of.

I DONT KNOW WHO I AM LOL AM I A DOGGO OR A WOLF OR PUPPER

I like to say I'm not a wolf despite my username. I WAS AN EDGY 13 YEAR OLD WHEN I MADE THIS NAME SO PLEASE DONT ASK ABOUT IT EHEHHH

17. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    What food in your opinion is the worst?

18. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    most of the food my mother cooks mostly foods from other places I'm not too familiar with. (and also foreign foods from my school because im not eating that budget stuff lol)

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    :: What sorts of things are the most special to you?

:: If you could be anybody else for a day, who would you be and why?

:: Clear your cache. ...That's not a question, but will you do it anyway?

20. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    I'm not really sure. The people I love are important to me. Also my art because I'm full of myself lol.

I'd probably be Skittle. I've always wondered what's it like to be her.

I just did it. Clear it kiddos.