1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask An Insane Fangirl

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by GiratinaMissingNo, Mar 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: This may seem like an odd question, but what's your opinion on the practise of dowsing?

:: Do you have a favourite colour combination? Why those?

:: What would I have to do in order to surprise you?

2. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I have mixed feelings. It's an effective way to locate things buried underground, but at the same time, I have seen people do it just to see what they can find and then dig it up. Even if they have good or neutral intentions, the past is precious in my eyes, and the idea of damaging it unnerves me.

Gunmetal gray and very bright white. It looks like the modern act of war meshed with some sort of purity. Like corruption of innocence, or something like Camp Haven from The 5th Wave, maybe, or the future, which I see as depressing. The irony of it always gets me. But of course, aren't we all ironic?

Keep asking questions like the dowsing one; it really made me think. I didn't even know I had an opinion on dowsing before that. Do the most random things. If you want to talk about happenstance and existence and the world high jump record and whether or not the Oxford comma is a good tool, I am here.
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The Oxford comma is a fantastic tool! I know it's technically an optional thing, but it helps very much for understanding, and given how the comma indicates a pause, it helps very much to match up with spoken English. I'd very much like for it to be mandatory (it's a thing I feel very strongly on), and I feel like I lose rapport with someone who doesn't use it. I have to double-take, rewind, and insert the comma in the sentence, so it flows smoother. (I don't double-take, rewind and remove for clarity. See how odd that sounds?)

...You should think up some unorthodox questions for me sometime. I like stretching my brain in unusual and unexpected ways.

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    What is your favorite comfort food? What is an exotic/outlandish food that you'd really like to try?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    What is your opinion on the two Z-moves per battle thing?
    Do you like musical theatre?
    Do you have any pets? If so, what kinds, and are they well behaved?
    What is the best song that you have ever heard that is practically exclusive to the internet?

2 Truths and a Lie:
    1. Goomy
    2. Snivy
    3. Cubone

6. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Have you read any good books lately?

7. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Finally! Someone who can understand the agony of having to write a paper for a teacher who doesn't believe in using the Oxford comma! I swear it's been three thousand years!
    I should, I'm sorry I haven't been asking questions :sweat:

Favorite comfort food is baked macaroni and cheese AND, since I have recently been alerted to this marvel of modernish science, deconstructed mince pie, witch is just mince pie filling that is somehow more delicious.
    I've always wanted to try more raw seafood. I never had a taste for them before, but I'm really craving them now. That, or haggis.

I think it's a bit overpowered (well, a lot) since it was basically the equivalent of Megas, and there was only one Mega slot on a team for a reason. However, it's going to make for a lot of very interesting combos!
    I do like musical theater! One kind-of musical theater show I went to was Calgary's 'Slipper' production, which was a rewrite of Cinderella (I love rewritten fairy tales) and broke a lot of norms, which I thought was fantastic.
    I might have a leopard gecko. It was dumped on me with a kind-of promise to take them back which was then extended to an indefinite amount of time with me, so...I don't know. THIS is why I only stick to written contracts *grumble grumble* Her name is Gertrude, and she's the worst hunter ever to grace the planet. Otherwise, she's very docile.
    The AOT 'Die Young' parody which, although on one digital music site, is practically exclusive because it's not on iTunes, which makes it exclusive to my sorry iPod-only ass :D

Cubone.

Good as in: 'Hey, I enjoyed this!' or good as in: 'MY HEART HAS BEEN EATEN BY DEMONS' because there's a difference, and recently, I have done both.

The enjoyable one was Unite As One, the seventh book of the Lorien Legacies series. It was enjoyable, with some cliches, some Disney can't-kill-characters moments, but altogether, satisfying (especially the very last sentence)

The AHH DEMONS one was Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls, which was heartbreaking and wrenching and very not-Disney. I strongly recommend it.
    #MissingNo

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  8. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    What is one video game location you'd want to visit for real?

9. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I'd love to visit Colony 9 from Xenoblade Chronicles. The area looks a bit like the 'Far Lands' from Minecraft, coupled with the sheer unearthly beauty of the whole place. Dangerous? Yeah, a bit. Awesome and beautiful? Also, yes.
    #MissingNo

10. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    What is your favorite English Pokémon anime opening? Japanese?

11. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Are you excited for Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

12. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    The original English one. I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST!
    The second Japanese opening is just so catchy. Nice and retro, too.
    @SnowboundBecca I've been out of the loop for a bit (school messing with my gaming schedule argh) but if I can get my hands on it, I'll definitely play.
    #MissingNo

13. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    What do you think of the Nintendo Switch so far?

14. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I don't own one, but I think that they'll push the gaming world forward by quite a margin. With the higher capacity, more games can have extra features *eyes walking animations*
    #MissingNo

15. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Do you remember the last time you saw a rainbow? If so, where and what colors did you mostly see?

16. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Man, it's been a while! Lately all I've gotten is snow, but I guess that is my fault for choosing to hide up here in my kingdom of isolation on this random icy mountain.
    It was actually a double rainbow that touched down really close by. I could see blue, green, and, surprisingly, violet on one. The other was fainter, just green and yellow.
    #MissingNo

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    :: Have you ever read the dictionary as a hobby before? (If not, I'd recommend it. I did that when I was about your age and it expanded my vocabulary hugely.)

:: What do you tend to do when a difficult decision comes your way, either because it's hard to do or because there's no clear-cut right answer?

:: What's the secret to being adorable?

18. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Not the paper/hard copy dictionary (I don't like the font) but I really like Google's dictionary. However, I'll take you up on your recommendation and try out the physical copy.
    To be honest, I rarely do what I should. I do the thing which I am confident enough in, which is usually the wrong thing. It's hard for me to try to apply skills I haven't previously tested under pressure, since I'm terrified I'll mess it up.
    *looks at L chibi figurine* help me please I have no idea Act like your favorite book character just appeared in real life? Pretend you're Augustus Waters? Smile? Be yourself? I'm the wrong person to ask :sweat:
    #MissingNo

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I recommend it! I have a physical dictionary I keep on hand - it's nearly 15 years old by now, and despite being laminated, the cover and the front page have both fallen off. I have it on my desk at all times, and have it on hand when I need to look up new words (like 'susurrus' - which doesn't even sound like a word, but it is!). Whenever I find a word that isn't in my dictionary, I use dictionary.com as a resource. It's very helpful for looking up words and the alternate spellings thereof. (Just don't read the blog there. It's positively awful, writers and commenters alike.)

A dictionary may seem trite, but having one on hand will pay off very well. Find one you can intuitively understand, and stick with it.

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  20. GiratinaMissingNo

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I'll keep the Dictionary.com blog out of mind and out of sight, then. I'll also try to find a physical dictionary that I click with (hopefully with nice font), just because it should be easier to look up words. Thank you :)
    Side note: I just looked up 'susurrus'. Scrabble, prepare to meet your master. Along with 'tmesis' and 'chiasmus', I WILL reign supreme.
    #MissingNo