1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask and I Shall Answer

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by SyWry, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    What is that one hill station you love the most?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I have not had a tooth pulled. I have had my wisdoms removed but I don't think that counts. I ususally have great teeth even though I don't brush them half the time.

Yes many. So many I don't think I can remember them all. A better designed Pokémon would have to be alolan vulipx. Its so cute that when it evolves it isn't cute anymore. I can't think of a bad typing off the top of my head.

I am neutral to all. I have zippers and hoodies but I just grab whatever's convenient at the time.

I sometimes wear sweatpants. Mainly because I dislike jeans.

I haven't worn shoes without socks. In fact, the only time I take off my socks is when I shower and go to bed. Its a little habit that came about due to some things on the bottom of my feet that required medical treatment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    ? Is that a music station? Never heard of one hill before.

4. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Do you like building snow-mans?

5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I have only ever made one and I got to say, I don't. I prefer to build smaller things, like a small snow man (snow ball size) or snow balls.

6. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Do you drink a lot of lemonade?

Have you ever drank a cold beverage in winter?

7. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I used to like lemonade but not anymore. Now I'm all water. I find that its a little to thick when drinking and that really bothers me.

Yes. I love the cold and there is nothing more refreshing than a cold cup of water in 0 degree C weather.

8. starry-syzygy

starry-syzygy almost a zombie

Virgo
    (Kirlia)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,852.2
    What is something that you think is really overrated?

What is something you really wish you could buy/afford right now?

9. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I'm having a hard time thinking of something that's overrated. Usually if I don't like a game I can see why others would like it and understand their ratting. It makes finding a game that I think of as overrated rather difficult. If I had to pick one, the closest I could get would probably be the persona series.

Something I wish I could buy...I've been so engrossed in thevenin equivalence and the IMF (initial mass function, the function that can estimate the mass of a galaxy) that I haven't had time to think of what I want to buy. I guess the one thing I want right now that I can't afford is time to do stuff that isn't studying.

#109 Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  10. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    2nd favourite Eeveelution from the list?

[​IMG]

11. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Was my first too obvious?

My second favorite...Empoleon had a close run, but I'd say that Umbreon is my second favorite Evolution from the chart.

12. Bed Inspector

PokéPoints:
    ₽8.0
    As an individual who is interested in astronomy and expanding our knowledge of the universe, I am unsure of how to get started.

So if you may, what is your recommendation for getting started down this path?

13. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Start where everyone starts, the basics. For astronomy, start by learning all the math you can learn, the more complicated the better. If you can get into physics, that's even better. Every piece of math that I learned in High School has come back to haunt me in one form or another (especially my algebra, pre-calc, trigonometry, and math of circles classes who knew that galaxies are like circles). Start by learning the basics in math and physics.

Once you've done that and you are looking for a good college, (you'll need to), try to pick one with a good astronomy degree and a good astronomy department. This is not as common as you might think. Once you're in, purse high level physics and astronomy. At this point forget math because your physics classes become your math classes. Only do statistics if you're interested in things larger than galaxies.

One last recommendation, keep an open mind. Astronomy may be one degree, but there are millions of fields of research that are all unique and all require different understandings. From researching planets, stars, galaxies, galaxy clusters, to cosmology, no one astronomer can research them all. So keep an open mind on what aspect of space you are interested in the most.

14. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    What’s your favorite type of nuts?
    Do you need and/or like naps?
    Have you ever found something way too hard, but when you came back to it later it was actually easy?

15. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    My favorite nut is easily the oat. Usually I eat it with something else like bananas or chocolate chips, but I do like them plain as well

If its during the night and I'm going to bed, I love naps. When its mid day, I hate them. Whenever, I try to nap mid day, the moment I wake up, I feel extremely tired, groggy and unable to think. This feeling lasts the rest of the day so I really do hate it. However, I do take time to rest my mind and body during the day by sitting in a silent corner and turning my brain off without closing my eyes. Allows me to recuperate in a similar way to napping.

HAHAHAHAHAH...mathematics! Started out being very hard, now its second nature. I can also say the same for writing. Before, it was very hard for me to make proper sentences and now I can flow entire stories together. Also, Star Wars Battlefront 2, (the good one). I used to think fighting against the AI was hard and I was barely able to beat them. Now I go on Rambo style rampages through enemy lines.

16. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,639.1
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Ever got a sunburn?
    Do you read a lot? To prigress as a writer or just for fun? What kind of things do you read?
    Do you have any opinion on springs?

17. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I have gotten sunburned, but nothing major. Just like a small spot on the back of my neck that I forgot to put sunscreen on. For the most part though, I don't leave the house much.

I don't read at all. Unfortunately for me, reading is a choir and I hate it. I actually want to be a book worm but its rather difficult for me.

Opinion on the season or the metal spring? I'll just give you both. I don't mind spring the season. Its a time when the cherry blossoms bloom and the sun shines. My only gripe with the season is the pollen.
    As for the stretchy spring used in physics...their weird. I'm looking at them strictly at a technical side here, but there motion is a wave, they add a weird force to our charts of forces, and there motion starts to introduce imaginary numbers. To me there just weird.

#117 Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  18. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    You don't have to answer this, but would you like to explain your reading disability?

19. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Eye muscle and tracking impairment. There's a professional term for it, but I forgotten it. Basically, the muscles around my eyes are underdeveloped so they have a tough time moving around.

When I was younger, when one eye got too tired, (this was generally my left eye) the eye started to de-sync with the right eye and do its own thing. My brain adapted my completely ignoring input from my left eye and focusing entirely on my right eye. This puts a lot of strain on my head and my right eye. I used to read things by putting them right up to my face or putting my head literally to the desk and using my right eye solely to read. The eyes would also often de-sync during other activities, causing headaches, but it was most prevalent in reading.

Glasses wont help this disability, since its a tracking problem and the eyes themselves are perfectly fine. Instead, I had to go to special eye theory for a good year (maybe longer I don't remember it was a while ago). The therapy helped dramatically. Today, because of my therapy, I can look straight without one eye flying off and my eyes never de-sync unless its been a rough day and my eyes are really tired. Its something I'll have to live with the rest of my life, but I'm glad that its at least a lot better than it was.

#119 Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    jeevan261001 likes this.
  20. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Well that is something which I will apllaud you for, fighting on like a true soldier. I am sure others will share my opinion of you.

SyWry likes this.