1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask Ava Anything~

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by AeroHail, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    What is the best drawing you have ever done?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Bread! Any form of bread!

I do! I love me some anime.

Ahh this one is hard. Its a toss up between dunsparce, joltik or mew.
    Ahhhh it's a tie between like this one:
    [​IMG]
    or this one:
    [​IMG]
    or maybe this one actually.
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ConfettiCat likes this.
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    How did you learn to do your art style?

4. AeroHail

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    DESPERATION
    But seriously, I mentioned earlier I had a 4 year art block where I did no drawing and I lost the ability to draw in my previous style or use lineart. So one day whilst at work I was doodling whilst on a phone call and I actually sorta liked how the doodle looked
    This was the doodle for reference
    [​IMG]
    Its pretty awful looking back on it now but I liked the face shape so I tried drawing another one of my OCs to attempt a full body
    [​IMG]
    Again, awful now but it was the start of me exploring a more flowing style pose wise!
    Maybe one day I'll be able to draw noses and chins again but for now I'm just having fun with poses and lighting! <3

So to answer the question properly I guess I learned this style via my inability to draw the way I used to. (I also lost the ability to use a drawing tablet which has also influenced my art style I guess!)

Kimochiru likes this.
  5. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Do you like your hair? If not, what kind of hair you want?

Do you like listeNing to music? Recommend me one?

6. AeroHail

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    I do! Well, sorta. I used to have short hair and I loved that but over time I grew it out because I love braids and updos but now I'm in this state of "Hhhhh I miss short hair but I love long hair!"

And I do like listening to music! I'll recommend you this animal crossing remix because it's nice and chill
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHVupikyoAo&list=FLBmsv-Zf7Cm0uh_3Oos0Q6A&index=2

7. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    What is your favourite Pokémon plush?

Do you ever eat nut/muesli bars?

What is your least favourite thing to draw?

8. AeroHail

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Hhhh that's hard! Probably Blue my shiny mew
    [​IMG]
    But if we're talking official plushies I think Chi my chikorita might be my fave
    [​IMG]
    (She has a neck accessory now: )
    [​IMG]
    Or these Squishies that I still need to take a good photo of. They feel so good! So squishy!
    [​IMG]
    I also have the easter pikachu with the flower crown coming soon so I'm pretty sure she'll make the rankings for favourite. I'm a sucker for a flower crown.

I have! But I don't like them, probably because I don't like nuts =w='

My least favourite thing is general foreshortening such as stuff closest to the viewer. I'm so bad at it. Buildings too. Hhhh ;n;

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    As per request, I bring questions.

:: Have you ever been fascinated by ancient weaponry?

:: Are there places near you that offer a beautiful view of a landscape (in your opinion)?

:: Would you consider yourself a hypnyatist, or are you usually on the receiving end?

10. AeroHail

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Yes and no. Yes because I have done research on a few ancient weapons but no because I did to better understand it for a character I designed that uses weapon (or a similar one). One of the most memorable being the Kusarigama and the Kyoketsu-shoge for my character Sam.

Oh of course! I live in the trossach's national park in scotland. Out my window there's a Ben (not
    @[member="Achromatic"] XD in Scotland a Ben is a small mountain) and if I walk 15 minutes there's waterfalls and rivers. And 15 mins in the other direction is a forest! The joys of living in rural Scotland!
    Here's some pics of the area I've taken over time:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My photos don't do the area justice. I should really take some scenery photos without toys one day.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what a hypnyatist is and google's not helping! ;w; Sorry.

Kimochiru likes this.
  11. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Do you have any least favourite foods?

When and how did you start getting into photography?

Any advice for rookie digital artists?

12. Kimochiru

PokéPoints:
    ₽82.7
    I was wondering what drawing methods do you use, and which program?

(Also, it's nice to find a fellow Guildshippper! ^-^ May I ask why you ship it? cx)

Your photos look lovely, by the way. I love the angles and the composition!

13. AeroHail

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    -I really dont like anything with nuts in it.

-I can remember it was 2008 exactly because the very reason I got into photography was I got my first ball jointed doll that came with a free 'event' head called the 2008 head sculpt! The head wasnt that nice and I ended up selling it but it's a good way to remember how it all started hahah.

- Don't negatively compare your self to other artists, even if you admire them. Doing so can knock you off your art path and can cause some bad artblocks. Your art path is your own and dont be worried if you're going at a different pace than others.
    Keep moving forward! Even if you dont like a pic once you're finished it's still a step forward, even if it doesnt feel like it!

I draw on paper, scan it (or take a photo if I'm at home) and vector it using photoshop CS6! =3 I'm slowly making the move to illustrator as it fits my art style a lot better but I've used photoshop all my drawing life so it's a slow move.

BECAUSE HHHHH <33 Chatot just cares so much for wigglytuff and it's such a pure happy ship. Hhhhh! ;w;

Ahhh thank you so much ;A;

Kimochiru likes this.
  14. Kimochiru

PokéPoints:
    ₽82.7
    You're welcome @[member="AeroHail"] ! ^_^ From what I know about AIllustrator, I think it does fit your style, considering it is more vector-based. Also, that's some really good art advice you've shared on the other ask. I will say from experience that it does help- take your art one piece at a time. Improvement occurs in small steps!

And yes!! You can tell Wigglytuff cares about Chatot a lot too! For a Pokémon who is known for calling everybody his "friendly friend," he only ever called Chatot his "invaluable partner." They're a super iconic duo and make for a really pure ship!

AeroHail likes this.
  15. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    Do you think of LV as your family?

Who is your biggest friend here?

Who referred you here?

16. AeroHail

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    -Yes! I've only been here just over a month but I've gotten to know everyone and had a lot of fun!

-Ahh hhhh I have many! You, Cad, Sep and Aub are the ones I talk to the most probably! But I love everyone here!

- Cad I think?

17. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    Wold you think you becoming a big part of this community or think of yourself equal to the normal members?

What colour are your eyes?

Do you think the ocean would be better in Cyan or blue as is?

18. AeroHail

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    I think I'm just a normal member. I got Motm but I'm still just a new member who's just here to have fun and make friends! <3

Blue! =3

Some places the ocean looks cyan! Sadly not at my nearest beach ;w; It's kinda a dark black here?? But it would be awesome if every body of water was cyan and pretty!

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Do you practise (or have you practised) any martial arts?

:: What is your favourite dessert?

:: Have you ever accidentally walked into a pole or post of some kind before?

20. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Do you have any favourite flowers?

What're your favourite snacks?