1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask DDD Eclipse

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Eclipse, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    If you have read plays by Shakespeare, which one out of the ones you have read did you like the best?

What is the best piece of literature that you have had the pleasure to read?

Do you prefer to watch anime or read the corresponding manga?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The tricky part about this thread is that the more questions I'm asked, the more challenging that answering new questions becomes.
    But I love a challenge, so I don't mind in the slightest.

What about the nature of our planet do you find beautiful and why?
    Probably how variant it is. There are so many different climates, pieces, and shapes that all fit together, and even just going from one nearby point of the globe to the other, you can notice some extremely drastic change. By contrast, as pretty as outer space is, all of the other planets we know of are more homogeneous and dull. You could just look at any atlas or globe of Earth and get the idea; each part is so very different from parts around it. I can't say the same about other planets.

If you have read plays by Shakespeare, which one out of the ones you have read did you like the best?
    I've only read one play by Shakespeare (it was Julius Caesar), and I'm not sure if I want to read any other plays. Sifting through Elizabethan English to translate into more modern terms (which I do fairly often anyway) is one thing; sifting through the same written as what is essentially poetry (which I don't like at all) is quite another.

What is the best piece of literature that you have had the pleasure to read?
    I don't know. I really don't know.

Do you prefer to watch anime or read the corresponding manga?
    Neither - those are both genres that I do not particularly care for at all.

3. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Would you ever consider watching an anime involving a Maid Dragon?

Do you remember the last time you have fallen on the floor or ground? If so, do you remember what caused it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    How would you consider yourself with job interviews?

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Would you ever consider watching an anime involving a Maid Dragon?
    Impossible. No dragon is that humiliating.

Do you remember the last time you have fallen on the floor or ground? If so, do you remember what caused it?
    I honestly don't; I don't believe I've properly fallen down in years.

How would you consider yourself with job interviews?
    I would like to say that I am decent, but the only experience I have with them are with mock interviews. I haven't been properly interviewed in a formal setting, yet.

6. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    What is a movie based on a book that you think stuck pretty good to the source material and was awesome as well? What is a movie based on a book that you think absolutely failed to deliver? For me, I'm pretty happy with how "It" turned out. On the other hand, the "Percy Jackson" movies and "Eragon" will forever leave a bad taste in my mouth. >_>

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    What is a movie based on a book that you think stuck pretty good to the source material and was awesome as well?
    What is a movie based on a book that you think absolutely failed to deliver?

I don't watch many movies based on books (heck, I don't watch many movies in general), though one such movie that really stood out to me was Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I've read through the source material before (and it's a slog; I wouldn't recommend it unless you're hardcore), and seeing the movies made me understand the series in a whole new light; I was able to follow everything, and the movies were well put together. I'm still bothered by Arwen showing up near the start (she doesn't actually show up until near the end), but everything else was reasonably close to the source, and it's a group of movies I still love watching to this day.
    As for a movie based on a book that failed to deliver, what comes to mind is, funnily enough, Peter Jackson's The Hobbit trilogy. I received the book as a Christmas present (I want to say I was 10 years old?) and I'd seen an old cartoon adaptation of the book from the 70s. I picked up the book and I absolutely loved it; even for a young child it was easy for me to understand be captivated. Now we get to the movies - I can understand perfectly well why TLotR was split up (each part is a ~350-page book), but The Hobbit is only a single ~300-page book. There's no need to split it up into three movies, and most of the material in those movies doesn't come from the book at all (I hope you like filler!). I've only watched the first two movies because I was asked to, and we both regretted the decision.

8. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    What did you do this summer? How about last summer?

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Sorry, but I can't answer that question.

10. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    If selected for space travel, would you go?

Do you read any modern fiction literature? If so, what was the last title?

Do you have an encyclopedia at home?

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    If selected for space travel, would you go?
    The quick answer is "Bro, I live in space, remember?".
    The serious answer is no, because I get motion-sick very easily, so I would definitely not acclimate to zero-G nicely at all.

Do you read any modern fiction literature? If so, what was the last title?
    I've been plowing through The Dresden Files series lately. I'm currently on the 14th book (of 15 currently).

Do you have an encyclopaedia at home?
    I used to! Then the Internet became a widespread thing, so it got donated. I used it all the time for school research papers, though.

Vigilance likes this.
  12. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    I thought you may have spelled encyclopedia wrong but upon further review, there are two spellings. I guess you do learn something new every day.

Now then, some more interrogation.

Have you ever done any landscaping work?

Have you ever donated blood? Would you if you had the chance?

Are you afraid of large needles?

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    And my violent cough is making my oesophagus complain.
    Surprise.

Have you ever done any landscaping work?
    I have once or twice, yes. My mother is a landscape architect, and sometimes she calls me along for an extra pair of hands on some of her jobs. It isn't anything too strenuous, but some things (like assembling a fountain) are very hard to do alone.

Have you ever donated blood? Would you if you had the chance?
    I've had blood samples taken for medical purposes, but I've never willingly donated blood. I don't know if I would if compelled, as I tend to view my health as a commodity and I don't want to endanger that.

Are you afraid of large needles?
    Who isn't?
    Smaller needles are fairly commonplace so I'm not bothered by those, but when a needle becomes noticeably thicker than my fingernail, then we have problems.

Vigilance likes this.
  14. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    I am making my 2,500th post on this thread. Is that reason to celebrate?

Was there a time in your life where you would go to the gym a lot or has the concept of working out never really appealed to you?

Are you sarcastic with others when speaking in real life?

Have you ever had to thread a needle without a magnifying glass? If yes, were you successful?

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    ...maybe?

See: Do you work out?

Are you sarcastic with others when speaking in real life?
    No. I'm not really sarcastic when talking to anybody.

Have you ever had to thread a needle without a magnifying glass? If yes, were you successful?
    Yes, I have threaded a needle before without help. Magnifying lenses of any kind make it harder for me to see.

Vigilance likes this.
  16. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ You say you're not interested in reading any more of Shakespeare's plays. Does this apply to watching them as well?

~ What's your opinion on jazz music?

~ How often do you re-read pieces of literature?

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    You say you're not interested in reading any more of Shakespeare's plays. Does this apply to watching them as well?
    Isn't that the same thing? They are plays, after all - meant to be performed and spectated.

What's your opinion on jazz music?
    It hurts my ears.

How often do you re-read pieces of literature?
    About once every 2 years, and only if I really really liked it the first time (and if I can set aside time to do so). That rarely happens anymore.

18. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Do you rewatch movies? If so, how long must there be of a waiting period in between?

Do you hum a lot?

What is an early board game you remember playing as a child?

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Do you re-watch movies? If so, how long must there be of a waiting period in between?
    On occasion (though not very often), and I try to wait at least six months before re-watching a movie. That will keep it fresh and exciting when I re-watch it.

Do you hum a lot?
    Yes, especially when I'm listening to music in my car.

What is an early board game you remember playing as a child?
    Monopoly. I still play it. I'm still good at it. I still enjoy it.

20. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Have you ever hatched a legendary egg? If so, what were your feelings once it reached level 40?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.