1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask DDD Eclipse

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Eclipse, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Is there anything stereotypical about Canadians that you always say when mentioning them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Is there anything stereotypical about Canadians that you always say when mentioning them?
    Not at all.
    ...Is this about my comment about Raquna being 100% Canadian? The only reason I said that is because she is essentially a character Played for Laughs.

3. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    After playing a game, would you be seeing what tropes there would be in that game?

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My word, Azure. Still the only asker? Hopefully that will change sometime in the future.

After playing a game, would you be seeing what tropes there would be in that game?
    After the fact, if it happens to creep into my head, possibly. This is rare, though, as I know how much of a trap that TVTropes is and can become, so I definitely moderate my browsing time there.

Shada likes this.
  5. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Well, I'm pretty damn curious, haha. You'll get more askers soon, I guess.
    What's the funniest tv trope that you know of?

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
  7. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Worst TV trope that you've read?

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    What do you mean by 'worst'? Do you mean poor quality, something I would find dark or unsettling, or some other quality you have chosen?

9. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Dunno, I guess you can choose all three, just depends on your first initial context of that question.
    ---
    What do you think is the most popular Tv trope?

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Not really an avid TV Tropes reader, but I'll try to answer these.

What is the worst TV trope that you've read?
    I'd probably have to say this one. Without some kind of purpose or motivation behind it, immortality would be decidedly awful. It can be utilised as a form of punishment or a fate worse than death. Combine that mental anguish with physical anguish, and, well...

What do you think is the most popular TV trope?
    The front page.

Shada likes this.
  11. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    What's your standing on the word Insomnia?
    Is it possible that that word could get a positive connotation one day?

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    What's your standing on the word 'insomnia'? Is it possible that that word could get a positive connotation one day?
    "Hmm, it appears I cannot go back to sleep yet. Ah well. I shall play video games to pass the time, until the sun rises." I'd like to think that is a very positive connotation, especially when everyone else is sleeping and can't hear you.

13. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    What would your last words be if you were to die tomorrow?

What would you like to be on your headstone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    What would your last words be if you were to die tomorrow?
    Tricky. I hadn't given that too much thought, but the first thing that comes to mind is "It's about damn time you got here, Grim Reaper". Despite being wordy, I am not poetic. However, realistically, I would just have a conversation in which I am asked "Any last words?"
    And I'll reply "Yes, just three."

What would you like to be on your headstone?
    Just my name and naught else. I am not really one to draw attention to myself - mostly because I don't like attention. If I am dead, then I am dead. I want to be remembered for who I am, not who I was.

15. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    How willing are you to go against the bystander effect and help a random person on the street in need?

Have you ever done something risky before and knew about the risk, but did it anyway?

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    How willing are you to go against the bystander effect and help a random person on the street in need?
    Not as much as I believe I should. I am extremely conserved and do not like to reach out to people I don't know or who I am unfamiliar with, though if I see a situation in which I believe I can immediately help, such as someone struggling with groceries, then I will offer assistance. (I've actually done this a few times though I've always been turned down, usually because the person was fully capable already, but I believe it did no harm to ask.)

Have you ever done something risky before and knew about the risk, but did it anyway?
    Not very often, but yes. In those cases I discerned that the potential reward, and the higher chance of acquiring it, outweighed any potential risk that would result. This is not a common occasion, however, as I am by no means a risk-taker - I'm extremely cautious and will only take risk if I believe it can be justified.

17. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    How often do I ask questions?

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Not putting it in the OP as the number would constantly change, but I'll answer it below:
    How often does Azure ask questions?
    As of this post, Azure has asked me exactly 20 questions, including this one. Roughly only one-third of those were in the first two pages.

19. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Only one third?
    Did you have to count those questions? XD

20. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I didn't have to, but you asked, so I chose to do so. It was no hassle at all.

Shada likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.