1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask DDD Eclipse

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Eclipse, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    That's interesting, I really enjoyed reading that. :)

Do you prefer the day time or the night time?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I feel that input of any kind is useful, positive or negative, just so long as it is accurate and understandable.
    Moving right along...

Do you prefer the day time or the night time?
    I generally prefer the day time, actually. While the night time is definitely cooler, night time is standardly time for sleep; I like to maintain my sleep pattern and get extremely irritable when forced to stay up past midnight. The only chance I get to sleep is also at night time too, and since I am a task-oriented person, and I get most of my productivity done in the day time, overall I prefer the day time.

3. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    What would you do for a Klondike bar?
    Do you like Ice cream?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    What would you do for a Klondike bar?
    Nothing. I don't like Klondike bars very much; they are among the blandest of ice cream sandwich brands I have tasted.

Do you like ice cream?
    Yes, though I prefer frozen yogurt overall. There are both ice cream and frozen yogurt shops very near to my house (roughly the same distance away, just in opposite directions), but I prefer frozen yogurt because they have stamp card specials, it is less expensive, and the food-to-cost ratio is higher (stated another way, I get more bang for my buck when buying frozen yogurt); having to manage my money carefully, I will prefer cheaper alternatives if the value is comparable.

5. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    How do you feel about Azelf?

6. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    You're stranded on a boat floating away in the middle of the sea.

You have no fishing rods, no food, and only three bottles of fresh water.
    As you drift along in the sea, you spot three dead, but fresh enough to eat fish.
    However, in the distance, you notice there is a shark that is also eyeballing those fish.

Would you risk yourself to get those fish despite the shark being there?
    Or would you wait for (hopefully) another opportunity?

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    How do you feel about Azelf?
    Who's he? Is he a Final Fantasy XIII character? I wouldn't know; I've never played that game.

You're stranded on a boat floating away in the middle of the sea. You have no fishing rods, no food, and only three bottles of fresh water.
    As you drift along in the sea, you spot three dead, but fresh enough to eat, fish. However, in the distance, you notice there is a shark that is also eyeballing those fish. Would you risk yourself to get those fish despite the shark being there? Or would you wait for (hopefully) another opportunity?

You certainly don't spare any expense with your questions, do you? But details are important for this one, so I begrudge thee not. As I am generally a conservative person who does not like to take risks, I would wait for a more prime opportunity that has a lesser chance of bodily harm to myself. I consider the chance of wresting food from a preying shark to be rather low, and the benefits do not offset the risks in this scenario.

8. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    When reading someone's work, do you criticize harshly, or constructively?

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    When reading someone's work, do you criticize harshly, or constructively?
    Both. My criticism is always done with a constructive intent, to make the writer improve - but my actual tone can come off rather harsh. I tend to describe myself as 'bluntly honest' because of that, as I will not spare anyone's feelings just to give an ego boost. If I think something is bad, I will simply say so.

10. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    If you could live on the sun, would you? Why or why not?

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    If you could live on the sun, would you? Why or why not?
    Hm, tricky! However, I'll have to make a lot of assumptions to answer this fully. It depends largely on: if I'm the only person on the sun; if 'living' implies long-term (it usually does, but you never know); if there were other things, distractions, et cetera on the sun; if it could essentially be terraformed to invite people...
    ...wow, I have to make a lot of assumptions just to make living on the sun feasible. I guess the end answer would be 'not unless there was actually civilization there'.

12. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    "My name is Eclipse. When the world is at its darkest, I shall appear."
    Does that mean Lake Valor is the darkest?

13. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Are you a love every season person or "love one, hate the others" kind of person?

14. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    "My name is Eclipse. When the world is at its darkest, I shall appear." Does that mean Lake Valour is the darkest?
    The quote says that I shall appear when the world is at its darkest. Lake Valour is not the world, so no. Underwater isn't nearly as dark as space.

Are you a "love every season" person or "love one, hate the others" kind of person?
    Where I am situated, the weather is nearly constant year-round with very little variation, so 'seasons' are a bit of a foreign concept to me. Temperatures and weather patterns are not tied to times of year like the seasons are, so my preferences are tied to those rather than seasons directly. I will say, however, that I like it when it's cold and hate it when it's hot.

15. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I'm curious. If, as you say, you find forums irksome, then why are you here on the Lake Valor forums? I don't mean to pry, but I am curious as to what would drive someone to perform a task they find irritating out of their own free will.

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    If, as you say, you find forums irksome, then why are you here on the Lake Valor forums?
    This is a fair question, yes. For someone like myself who finds forums irksome, it would be rather strange that I find myself at one. I do not wish to go too much into detail, but I will just say that I have a favour to repay to an old friend. And it is for that reason, and that reason alone, that I am here.

17. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I notice that you are rather formal and distant in terms of your speech patterns online. Is/are there any reason(s) for doing so?

What do you enjoy doing during your free time?

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I notice that you are rather formal and distant in terms of your speech patterns online. Is/are there any reason(s) for doing so?
    Yes. It is because I speak much like this in real life as well. I have a great passion for language and being understood through it, and I believe a formal tone conveys understanding much clearer than an informal one.

What do you enjoy doing during your free time?
    My free time is largely occupied with 1 of 2 things: video games; or listening to my music playlist. This largely depends on my location, how much free time I have, and what future commitments I will have to meet. I will play video games only if I know I will have rather substantial, uninterrupted blocks of time - or I will play a video game that I may put down at a moment's notice. Otherwise, I will spend it listening to music (especially when playing a video game would be impossible, such as when driving a car).

19. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    What events make you happiest?

20. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    @[member="AquawindLugia"]
    Would you mind elaborating a bit on that? What do you define as an 'event'?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.