1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask DDD Eclipse

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Eclipse, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Do you eat meat, and if so, what's your favourite kind?
    Only on occasion, and whenever I do, it's standardly fish, so I'd consider that my favourite kind of meat. If you're talking about red meat, though, then no, I don't really eat red meat.

Do you often enjoy going to hole-in-the-wall restaurants?
    (I actually had to look up that term since I have rarely heard that term in use before.)
    Not frequently, but at the same time, I don't often enjoy going to restaurants in general, largely because they're pricier than other eating establishments and it's best gone to with other people (which isn't often). There's a particular hole-in-the-wall restaurant I stop by on occasion that sells absolutely fantastic fish and chips, but that's about it as far as my perusal goes.

What is your favourite draconic legend?
    I don't really have one, actually - when it comes to dragons, other than not liking serpentine variants as much, I'm pretty impartial.

2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Who is your all-time favourite Pokémon villain?

Have you ever painted a room?

Do you like to enter competitions/lotteries?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'm unable to answer that question.

Have you ever painted a room?
    Unfortunately not; the most I've ever painted is Paint By Numbers. Not exactly something to be proud of.

Do you like to enter competitions/lotteries?
    Not necessarily. I like entering them here because there are little, if any, barriers to entry, though if there's some sort of restriction or cost required, I'll be quite reluctant. I'm also not a very competitive person either, so events like those don't really appeal to me much.

4. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    would you like to help me take over the world?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    That's not how it works. I'm the dragon; you would be the one to help me.
    Besides, there's a waiting list, so it isn't quite as straightforward as you may imagine.

6. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Fine, whatever. Are we taking over the world together or not?

What is your favorite dragon?

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    How do you feel about musicals?

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Dang, Cad, you're a savage.

No.
    As for the latter question, could you please be a bit more specific? There are all kinds of dragons out there, so it would be very hard to narrow down. I need some frame of reference.

How do you feel about musicals?
    I believe that a musical is essentially a toned-down campier version of opera. And I'm not very interested in opera, so by extension, I'm not very interested in musicals. That is as far as my stance goes on the matter.

9. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Have you ever tried out any kind of martial arts?

What animal are you most afraid of?

What, in your opinion, is the most boring thing you could do?

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I really need to go on another Q&A flight sometime soon. It just takes so much energy to do so, I keep not wanting to.

Have you ever tried out any kind of martial arts?
    Check: "Have you ever learned martial arts?"

What animal are you most afraid of?
    Anything that is larger and heavier than me, except for those odd pacifist cases, like most ruminants.

What, in your opinion, is the most boring thing you could do?
    Sleep. Seriously, I spend 7 hours doing absolutely nothing, and there's nothing I can really do about it if I want to stay healthy and robust.

11. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Havery you ever played a card game called fluxx?

12. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Is there a particular reason you're not a fan of electronic music?

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Have you ever played a card game called Fluxx?
    I've never heard of it, actually. Would you mind enlightening me?

Wait, what gave you that idea? I don't recall mentioning something like that; can you tell me where you saw that?

14. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Ae you really pure 100% dragon?

Have you made a costume before?

Are you cheap?

15. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Halloween or New Years?

How did your vocabulary level reach where it's at currently.

Writing or reading?

MLK or Abraham Lincoln? 10 mins for a quick chat, who ya got?

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Are you really pure 100% dragon?
    Indeed I am. Why, do you doubt me?

Have you made a costume before?
    Can't say that I have. Too time-consuming or pricy, and besides that, there's no occasion that I would ever use it for.

Are you cheap?
    I like saving money wherever I can, if that's what you're asking. Money is something that is at a bit of a premium for me, so I want to be frugal with it. Never know when I'll need some for an emergency situation - never mind changing my living arrangements.

Halloween or New Year's?
    Neither. I don't see the appeal in celebrating either.

How did your vocabulary level reach where it's at currently?
    I own a dictionary, and have since I was about 12 years old. It's been my ever-present companion, and I always look up new words when I don't recognise them. I did once use vocabulary flash cards as a starting point, for when I just decided to read the dictionary arbitrarily (which I still do on occasion recently), so the more I learn and read, the more words and knowledge I'll acquire.

Could you be a bit more specific? There isn't much context here.

If you could have a quick 10-minute chat with either MLK or Abraham Lincoln, who would you choose?
    I'd probably flip a coin. I don't have a strong leaning towards one or the other, and to me they're just historical figures. I'm not sure how much worth I'd derive from it either, as I don't really rely or utilise the past at all; I am of the opinion that the present is more important than the past, because it has capacity to change and be influenced, unlike the past, which states only where you've been, not where you are or where you're going.

Vigilance likes this.
  17. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Suppose you were given a magical potion that can change your height. You have the option to choose to be either 24 inches (2 feet) taller or shorter. Which do you pick and why?

Are you a slow walker, or a fast walker? I notice I'm more of the latter, though I didn't realize until I was told! I tend to take bigger steps than some. Would I have to speed up to keep at your pace, or slow down? :D

If you could reach for the stars (not that you can't, but not everything is possible for everybody..), what would your ideal career be?

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Suppose you were given a magical potion that can change your height. You have the option to choose to be either 24 inches (2 feet) taller or shorter. Which do you pick and why?
    A whole twenty-four inches? You can't make this easy, can you?
    I'm roughly 67 inches tall right now (5'7"), so I basically have the choice of becoming 3'7" or 7'7" here. I value mobility and ability to do things fairly easily and with no hassle, plus I have to drive myself around everywhere I go. So to that end, I'll opt to become taller; even though it has complications, I have met people over seven feet tall so I know it's possible. Besides, not only do I have a complex about my height (I know 5'7" is actually slightly above average, but it still bothers me because of comparison to the people I'm around), but I can't really do much when I'm only as tall as an eight-year-old child.

Are you a slow walker, or a fast walker? Would I have to speed up to keep at your pace, or slow down?
    I'm a fast walker, definitely. My precise measurements aren't empirical, but: the average stride (pace) length for an adult human is about 2 feet, and mine is roughly 2.4 feet (2 feet, 4.8 inches), with some margin for error. Those may not be the exact numbers, but suffice it to say that my stride is 20% longer than the average. As for whether or not you'd be at, above, or below my pace, I don't know - you tell me - but based on what you've implied, I doubt we'd be far apart.

If you could reach for the stars (not that you can't, but not everything is possible for everybody...), what would your ideal career be?
    Just take my hand; we're gonna reach for the stars~
    This thread has been around so long that I honestly thought I'd answered this question before - but in nearly 2 years, I haven't! I'd actually like to be an actuary some day; even though I know it's a very long-term goal and requires a lot of training and expertise (something like 15 years?), it's something I'd certainly like to aspire to, unless something more appealing comes my way. Plus, actuaries are in charge of assigning risk values for insurance policies, like figuring out how likely it is that somebody will die. And when I found out about that, the urge to have my job description as 'somebody that calculates the probability of death' awakened.

Sheep likes this.
  19. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    1-Have you ever wished to be in someone else' place, In other words have you ever wished to be someone else, if yes why?
    2- Do you like technological developments taking place? Or do you think they are make us lazy?
    3- Would you let someone borrow your intelligence for one day?

20. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Have you ever wished to be someone else (or in his or her place), and if so, why?
    Not really, but not because I like where I am right now per se. (I do somewhat, but that's not the reason.) It's because I am who I am right now because of the experiences I've had, and the people I've met. In other words, I am a composite of all that's happened to me, and I'd rather not replace that with the experience of somebody else, because I would cease to exist at that point (or, if not, very little of me would be truly left).

Do you like technological developments taking place? Or do you think they are make us lazy?
    I'm really old-school, so I don't like technological advances. On top of that, I do not perceive many of said advances today as being altogether necessary, so it just becomes layers upon layers of needless stuff or hassle. The world is techno-centric (or is rapidly becoming so), and I'd like a world less dependent on technology. Laziness might be a factor, but that wasn't what I had in mind.

Would you let someone borrow your intelligence for one day?
    For the sake of this question, I'm going to assume the person gets a copy of my intelligence for the duration, or I just go catatonic for it (or something) and instantly get it back when the time is up.
    I really do like sharing my knowledge with people whenever I can; it's a personal joy, even if it's something really small. Intelligence is largely information, so I wouldn't have to worry about my views and stances on various subjects also being copied - but if they were, I'd have to warn whoever wanted to borrow my mind that my brain isn't to be taken lightly, because I do have very strong views on things (as I'm sure most of y'all are well aware), so it would be a necessary caution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.