1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask DDD Eclipse

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Eclipse, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Any event such as birthdays, holidays, spending time with friends etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    All right, so you weren't going for a specific interpretation of 'event'. Understood.

What events make you happiest?
    I have a few very close friends that, despite how close I am to them, we do not talk often, due to real-life commitments, conflicting schedules, and so on. When I am talking and interacting with them is when I am at my happiest. I rarely get moments like those, and I cherish them when they happen.

ShiroLugia likes this.
  3. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    What is your favorite meal?

If you had the choice between winning a lottery of $100 million or becoming a Pokémon trainer, which would you choose?

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    What is your favourite meal?
    Homemade fish and chips. I have it on a semi-regular basis (about twice a month), and it is utterly fantastic.

If you had the choice between winning a lottery of $100 million or becoming a Pokémon trainer, which would you choose?
    They both sound like awful choices on the surface, though were I forced to pick one, it would certainly be the lottery. With the former, I at least have some guarantee of financial stability. I don't even know what the latter choice is.

5. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Does the Latin language appeal to you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Are you a picky eater? If so, which foods do you prefer not eating?

What is your life goal?

7. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Have you ever gotten tutoring for math as a kid?

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Does the Latin language appeal to you?
    In terms of finding roots for words both in English and in the various Romance languages (including how they all relate), the Latin language is certainly appealing. In actually using it as a conversational language, I do not, as straight Latin has very little practical use today, outside of certain areas of academia just to know what certain phrases mean (e.g. curriculum vitae, 'course of life').

Are you a picky eater? If so, which foods do you prefer not eating?
    I would have to answer that as 'yes and no', though it leans more towards 'yes'. At social gatherings I will not be exactly picky with food, and will accept what I am given, though I will gravitate towards the choices I'm more familiar with, i.e. things I've tried before. On occasion I feel adventurous to try something new, though this is not often. I don't really have a laundry list of which specific foods I prefer over others, though, but sometimes I'll choose something that I intentionally don't like just so I don't feel hungry.

What is your life goal?
    My life goal would be to reach a point where I don't have to worry about finances or career (i.e. have a fairly solid position in such), and have many opportunities to interact with and grow alongside my friends. Right now I'll admit that I am much closer to the second one than I am the first, though I hope the trek through university will solve the first one, despite the losses I incur now.

Have you ever gotten tutoring for math as a child?
    Only once, I believe, though I do not recall what subject it was for - it was either intermediate algebra or geometry. It was quite a long time ago, and I don't remember the experience all that well, so I'm not sure if I got very much out of it. I vaguely remember drawing about 5 lines on graphing paper and finding the area enclosed by all of them...so maybe it had something to do with that.

9. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    How confident do you consider yourself at math?

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    That was fast of you.

How confident do you consider yourself at math?
    Confident enough that I will know the difference between "I know exactly what I'm doing right now and how I'm doing it" and "I'm not totally sure about this, but let's try and see what things work" and "I'm going to have to look this up; give me a moment". As far as percentage ratios go, in terms of the math I've encountered, thankfully it's something like 70-20-10, and the 20 I usually end up correct on, but I need to remain in practice or I'll forget how to do it.

11. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    What's the longest time you've given tutoring to someone?
    Sorry if the questions but unclear, I just don't know how to phrase it.

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Do you mean one consecutive session, or overall across all sessions? The former I can name off the top of my head, but the latter I would have to look at my time logs.

13. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    I'd say both sessions, really.
    ---
    What's your worst elective, or side subject in school?

14. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    This question will be in the OP, but will not include the second half therein.
    What's the longest time you've given tutoring to someone - either in one sitting, or overall time spent?
    As of 31 May 2015, the values are thus.
    :: In one sitting - 150 minutes, as part of a last-minute study session for a Calculus II final. It is very rare that my sessions will go over 90 minutes, or even 120 unless my client has a lot of available time, so I found this interesting. It was part of finals week, however, so that may have been the main reason.
    :: Overall - I have no figures on hand for tutoring as part of my job for individual people, but as far as independent work is concerned, the most time I have spent with 1 person so far is 19.5 hours, same person as above, for Calculus II. The main reason for this is I met with him partly in an official capacity (affixed to the university), and partly as an independent (on my own time and rates). It's still divided about halfway between each; if I counted just the independent hours, the highest would be 11.75 hours to date, and for a different person.

What's your worst elective, or side subject in school?
    Anything that I do not have to take for my major - in other words, general education classes. I tend to do much better in my major classes than I do in the side 'padding' classes that I have to take because I have little choice. Of course there are a few exceptions, but overall I just don't enjoy them very much.

Shada likes this.
  15. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Is the worst thing to do in life is cram for a test the night before?

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Is the worst thing to do in life to cram for a test the night before?
    I wouldn't know; I've never had to do that. I've been through worse, however, so I doubt it.

17. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    What'd ya mean by worse?

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I find a fear or pain of loneliness would be worse than a last-minute cramming session for an exam. With the cramming there is a guarantee the situation will be resolved quickly - there is no such security to loneliness.

Shada likes this.
  19. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Ah, that is true.
    If you ever wanted a companion from a Videogame, who would it be, from what game and why?

20. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    If you ever wanted a companion from a video game, who would it be, from what game, and why?
    Probably someone from this list. Highest on the list for a possible companion would probably be Canas or Raquna; Canas is quite the scholar and devotes his life to reading and the pursuit of knowledge, something I too am fond of and would love to do if I had enough spare time (and he has a monocle, you really can't beat that), while Raquna is a bodyguard with a wild side and would be an ideal traveling partner to explore the dangerous unknown with, as she makes people not die, and is also 100% Canadian as a perk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.