1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask DDD Eclipse

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Eclipse, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Ah, just making sure.
    ---
    In the near future, would you like to be a teacher?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    In the near future, would you like to be a teacher?
    Not in the slightest! While I do enjoy tutoring, I do at least have some form of guarantee that my client will at least basically grasp the material, or at least understand the way that I explain it if I explain it in a few different ways. I would certainly not have the patience to deal with someone who is unwilling to learn. (I'm fine with people saying they don't get it. I usually ask in response why or what they don't get, and I would get frustrated if I don't get an answer. This hasn't happened any time recently, thankfully.)

3. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    So no college professor either?

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Maybe, though where I live that requires at least a Master's degree - or Ph.D. to teach at the university level. And I do not feel like being in school for very much longer.

5. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    What's the first thing you plan on doing when you get out of school?

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    What's the first thing you plan on doing when you get out of school?
    Ditching my graduation. It's a family tradition. If you mean the first thing after that, it will probably be whatever the first thing comes to mind will be. Perhaps I will be celebrating with friends and/or treated to dinner by my mum. In any case it is a day that I am very much looking forward to, for many reasons.

7. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Do you prefer Lions or Tigers?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Do you prefer lions or tigers?
    I confess I hadn't really thought too much about that, seeing how they are both great cats. After mulling it over and giving the matter some thought, I believe I prefer tigers to lions, as they seem to have more varieties and colour than lions do, and male tigers don't have the notorious reputation for being horribly lazy that male lions do, either - no disrespect to Mufasa intended.

9. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Since it's kinda hard to choose from a tiger and a lion, would you take a liger instead?

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Since it's kinda hard to choose from a tiger and a lion, would you take a liger instead?
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh... maybe? I haven't really witnessed a liger before, so I am unsure of the particular differences it has between lions and tigers, but I will have to see. Ligers (male lion x female tiger) do appear to be substantially larger than both lions and tigers, a sharp contrast from the tigon (male tiger x female lion), which is not much larger than a tiger, so I suppose there are bonus points to that.

11. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Ligers are considered to be retarted creatures, which is really a shameful thing to impose on such an animal.
    Would you own one?

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Ligers are considered to be retarded creatures, which is really a shameful thing to impose on such an animal. Would you own one?
    I'm going to address the bits to this question slightly out of order. To start at the end, no I would not own one, but not because of any perceived mental stigma - rather, ligers are decidedly huge creatures, and I would not have the resources (in terms of money, food, space, dwelling, and so on) to maintain a constant upkeep of the thing. I barely managed to handle having a Pomeranian; there's no way I could handle a liger. I'm not sure if they're retarded mentally (I wouldn't know), though physically they tend to be sterile, due to being cross-species hybrids - though I'm not sure how that's relevant to the overall picture. Perhaps cross-species hybrids are inherently lesser in some qualities than either parent due to the mixing of genomes, yet stronger in others (as I addressed with the liger vs tigon size comparison earlier)? I cannot say for certain.

13. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Do you have a favourite star or constellation?

What makes a good shoe?

14. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Do you have a favourite star or constellation?
    I am ashamed to say that I, as enthralled with outer space as I am, have not considered this very much. I have thought of planets and their interactions many a time, but seeing as how my name, Eclipse, has to do with the blocking of a star, I don't have much excuse.
    I do have a favourite constellation, however, and it's primarily because of its name and associated mythology: Cassiopeia. For some reason I find it quite rhythmic, despite that she only looks like a stretched W in the night sky.

What makes a good shoe?
    One that will last for many years, and hopefully it will never fall apart, thus never making it necessary to buy a pair to replace them. As my feet have stopped growing, thankfully I don't have to trade up for shoe sizes anymore, so I am fairly stable on that front. It should also be comfortable on the feet as well; as I am flat-footed, I usually have to acquire outside orthotics for shoes, as the ones that come with the purchase are usually far too stiff and arched for me to use. (I have found a great pair of orthotics, though, and I haven't had to replace them! Don't get Scholl's; they fall apart much too quickly.)

15. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    What is the ultimate Triple Battle Team?

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I don't know what a Triple Battle Team is, so I don't believe I can answer that question.

17. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    What was the last social faux pas you made?

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    What was the last social faux pas you made?
    Probably mixing up the last names of two different people in a presentation I had to make somewhat recently. Thankfully I was able to catch myself before I went any further and fixed my error, and the audience got a slight laugh. Any social faux pas I tend to make usually just involves mixing up words or something similar - nothing quite as drastic as an improper attitude.

19. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Would you like to try blue velvet in the future?

20. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Would you like to try blue velvet in the future?
    I certainly would! After finding out that blue velvet is essentially exactly the same as red velvet, just with a different food colouring used, it would certainly be worth it. The only snag is I would now have to find some, as it's not all that common. Curse you for adding to my bucket list!

:::: ::::

Now, for a brief announcement.

For anyone who follows this thread and would like a leg-up on a bit of forum currency, I have some fun news for you.

Temporary Promotion:
    In an effort to promote my Ask-Me-Anything a bit more - and because I am saddled with things I know not what to do with, I have a brief campaign to offer. (If this campaign succeeds I may have more like it in the future.)

Fictional currency is on the line as you stretch your minds to ask Eclipse some interesting questions!
    This promotion will last from Monday 29 June 2015, 1AM GMT, until Monday 6 July 2015, 1AM GMT - essentially a whole 7 days.
    Why isn't it midnight to midnight? Because I didn't post it in time for midnight GMT. 1AM was the closest I got.
    All you need to do is ask questions. At the end of those 7 days, I will look at all questions that were asked during this time, and award the following prizes:

:: The zaniest question: 500p
    :: The most beautiful question: 500p
    :: The question that made me think the most: 500p

The only restriction is that the same member can only earn 1 of these prizes, and each question can only earn for 1 prize at most. If there's a tie, I'll give the other prize to the runner-up as appropriate. (So, no duplicates. Pretty simple.) If I do not have all 1500p by the time that week is elapsed, I will wrote IOUs for whoever needs them.

Sounds simple? Very cool. This message will disappear when the promotion is over and prizes are distributed, but for now...have fun!

:::: ::::

This promotion is also stored in the original post, just in case it gets lost in the thread. Oh, and if you asked the question within that time frame, and I answer it even after the deadline, it still counts.

Okay...go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.