1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask DDD Eclipse

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Eclipse, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theawesomeafro

theawesomeafro Licensed and Practiced Lurker

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    If you could always be remembered as the best there ever was, and the best there ever will be for ANYTHING, what would it be? You will always be known for being the best at it for the rest of time, and whenever people think of you they will associate your choice with you. It doesn't have to be something you're good at now, but what you'd be famous for.
    (Examples: Einstein being smart, Shakespeare's writing, Chuck Norris for being amazing)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    If you could always be remembered as the best there ever was, and the best there ever will be for ANYTHING, what would it be? You will always be known for being the best at it for the rest of time, and whenever people think of you they will associate your choice with you.
    Absolutely nothing. Bizarre as it may sound to an observer, I don't want to be remembered at all - for anything positive or negative.

3. Sofusninja

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Do you have any fun at all, when dealing with other people?
    I myself find it hilarious at times.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    What makes life worth living for you?

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Do you have any fun at all, when dealing with other people?
    It heavily depends on the person, and more often than not I find dealing with unfamiliar or irksome people to be physically draining. Of course, if I know the person very well, I would enjoy the experience, though I would not go so far as to call it 'fun'.

What makes life worth living for you?
    I answered this already in similar fashion under the question "What events make you happiest?". The questions aren't identical but they are similar, and for me, the answers are identical. (I'll insert this question under the same heading in the OP, though.)

6. theawesomeafro

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    Do you believe in world peace?

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    @[member="theawesomeafro"]
    Can you clarify that question? Like past, present, future? Or criteria to accomplish it?

8. theawesomeafro

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    I'm on mobile for the first time so I hope this shows up normally. Do you think it is a possible goal including human nature? Like how communism is supposedly the greatest government without natural human greed?

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Understood.

Do you think that world peace is a possible goal including human nature? Like how communism is supposedly the greatest government without natural human greed?
    I don't, really. Humans are intrinsically self-focused and operate primarily for their own benefit. That said, it is possible for humans to be altruistic, but world peace would involve nearly all humans being nearly 100% altruistic in nearly every scenario - an outcome that, while incredibly nice, is also incredibly unlikely. At least someone will try to put his/her own goals and motives above others, and when multiple people do this (which they invariably will), therein lies the root of conflict. Altruistic collusion is possible, but there has to be a guarantee that the shared goals don't interfere with or harm another people or country. In the end, the selfishness of humans makes world peace impossible without some sort of divine intervention.

10. theawesomeafro

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    I don't believe in a right answer to this question so answer how you wish.
    What is the biggest thing in the world? Why do you think so?

11. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Alright, all good questions have been asked, so I must think really hard. Excuse me, for my mind is not at its best today.

Alright: What is your opinion on the 'Western' Influence of society?

Am I permitted to ask more than one question?

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    What is the biggest thing in the world? Why do you think so?
    Its interior structure, the largest part of which is its mantle. Think of all of that lava beneath your feet. That's the largest tangible thing, though; the largest intangible thing is the combined sum of all of human imagination.

What is your opinion on the 'Western' influence of society?
    Having lived in such a setting my whole life, and not having really been exposed to the Eastern societies, this is not an easy question to answer, mostly because of bias and blindness. The first thing that comes to mind about the differences between them, though, is recorded history. Granted, both Western and Eastern cultures in times past did record history, but - at least from my point of view - Western records were more detailed. I think, because of its influence, historical records worldwide are now kept with a greater deal of detail and precision, so it does have that going for it - not to devalue the Eastern culture in any way, as that has its own unique art and beauty, which can even surpass Western art. (Have you seen old Japanese folklore scrolls? They're spectacular.)

Am I permitted to ask more than one question?
    You just did, so yes.

:::: ::::

Less than 33 hours to go before this tricky-question campaign ends! Those of you who really wish to clamour for those PokePoints, see what questions you can muster for the runnings in time!
    (Remember, you can win in only 1 category, but there is nothing against hedging your bets in multiple categories, so at least 1 of your questions may be picked as a winner.)

Shada likes this.
  13. theawesomeafro

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    If you were an Autobot/Decepticon, what vehicle/machine would you want to transform into when not a big robot?

14. toao

toao the one and only

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    What is a question you get asked a lot (not restricted to this forum), and how do you answer that?

Which word(s) do you tend to use a lot (with the exception being the obvious ones, such as "I" and "the")?

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    If you were an Autobot/Decepticon, what vehicle/machine would you want to transform into when not a big robot?
    I actually had to look this one up to see what that meant. Apparently they are giant robots that transform into vehicles when in hiding? If that is the case, I suppose I would pick something akin to a jet, as it can move at tremendous speeds, has the power of flight, and can travel even in the upper atmosphere. Assuming fuel is not an issue, travel time could be essentially indefinite, and assuming disguise correlates to abilities, the ability to fly even undisguised would be nice.

What is a question you get asked a lot (not restricted to this forum), and how do you answer that?
    The question I am asked the most, combined out of all places I go to and have been, is "What's up?". I answer that question by tilting my head upwards and taking note of what I am currently looking at.

Which word(s) do you tend to use a lot (with the exception being the obvious ones, such as "I" and "the")?
    Usually the words I tend to use more often are words that are somewhat uncommon, or have to do with the exercise of thought, due to my choice of spoken vocabulary. Examples include 'untoward', 'fortuitous', 'intriguing', 'connotation', 'analyse', and 'rebuttal'.

toao likes this.
  16. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Why give away so much forum currency~?

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Why give away so much forum currency?
    I have no need of it, and never shall, so I might as well give it away to those who do.

::::

The week for this campaign has now come to a close! I apologise for not posting this earlier, but it would have involved violating the double-post rule, and I didn't get any newer questions on the last day.

Regardless of such, I have looked over all of the questions asked this week, and decided on the 'winners'. Before that, I would like to say that I enjoyed answering all of your questions, and would love to see more being asked, as I do enjoy the mental exercise.

First, a few statistics. This week, a total of 10 questions were asked to me: @[member="theawesomeafro"] had the largest proportion, with 4; @[member="✯Ho-OhLugia✯"] and @[member="toao"] managed to each propose 2, and @[member="Sofusninja"] and @[member="Synerjee"] each put forward 1.

Now, I did say earlier that, while there are 3 awards, I will give no more than 1 to the same person, that does not mean the choosing of the winners was a foregone conclusion. No, far from it - I did indeed have to think about what questions truly stood out!

First, the prize for the zaniest question. This one I actually decided on last (I chose for the other two categories beforehand), as I found this one the hardest to actually choose one for. In any case, I think the zaniest question for this week was asked by @[member="theawesomeafro"], as follows:
    Robots disguising themselves as machines would certainly qualify as 'zany', and it certainly isn't something that I would think of or associate on a regular basis. Props to you.

Now, the prize for the most beautiful question. Earlier in the week I was a bit worried about this category as I'm not sure what questions would really qualify as beautiful, since none really stood out there. But it wasn't over yet, and in the end, I believe this accolade goes to @[member="toao"] for this question:
    The beauty of this question lied mostly in its ability to draw up vocabulary, and the articulate choices it generated. Combined with the answer, the beauty was only enhanced, and I did like scrounging my mind for words I use often, and to great effect.

Last, the prize for the question that made me think the most. This category I find hard to judge for only because the topics I receive for questions I either think about a great deal (as it's not something I normally think of), or I don't think about them very much at all (as I have an answer already prepared). But, managing to squeak in, there came the surprise question by @[member="✯Ho-OhLugia✯"], like so:
    It may seem cheesy, and perhaps it is, but it really forced me to analyse exactly what are the facets of Western society, and how they contribute to perspectives and biases in our memories and histories, like things we would normally take for granted. It was a stimulating exercise in seeing why we think what we think.

::::

That ends this Q&A campaign for this week! Again, as before, I thank all of you very much for proposing your questions and choosing to spend your time here. I am much appreciative that you chose to spend a piece of it quizzing me.

I think this did relatively well, all things considered. When I manage to raise up more PokéPoints from postings and whatnot, I shall have to do a campaign like this again in the future sometime, with different categories and perhaps more factors to deal with.

I, Eclipse, am honoured by your questions!

18. theawesomeafro

Duck boi
    (Psyduck)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽88.9
    Have you ever played a Super Smash bros game? If so who do you like to play as?

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Have you ever played a Super Smash Bros game? If so who do you like to play as?
    I have only played Brawl, and only for 1 match, as a friend had brought his Wii to a party with it. It was late in the day and those who were remaining, including myself, decided to unwind with Brawl. As it would be utterly impossible to learn how to use the Wiimote in 5 seconds, I played Kirby for that match because Kirby's controls seemed to be the easiest, and I could jump repeatedly back onto the stage like a cheapo. Other than that, I have not played a Smash Bros game for myself ever - only spectated them.

20. toao

toao the one and only

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Which pronouns do you prefer, if I may ask?

What is your favourite movie?

Did you make your banner(s) yourself? If so, what program do you use?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.