1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask Her Majesty, David Bowie!

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Owly, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Do you think computer mouses/keyboards with colored illumination are a worthwhile purchase or a waste of money?

How do you react when you find out that someone you know has never watched Star Wars? Or doesn't like it? Or for that matter has never seen it and insists they already don't like it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ That's a thing? xD I Googled it - they seem okay, just something a little extra if you want to feel fancy. Not something I'd buy unless I just had all this money lying around that I'm not going to use on anything else . . . . (like that's going to happen.)

~ (oh goodness, my Kylo Ren obsession has been interpreted as a Star Wars obsession. This may become a problem.) Since Star Wars is such a cultural icon, I'd encourage people who haven't watched it to watch it, even if they think they won't like it. The series really is amazingly done all through and worth watching. If you watched it and didn't like it, that's fine as long as you have a logical reason. The only thing I won't condone is when people insist they don't like something before watching/reading/listening to it. How are you supposed to make a decision without educating yourself on the scenario first? That drives me crazy in any circumstance.
    (I was in a conversation on a different forum about which series was "better," LotR or Harry Potter. One girl came on and basically said, "I haven't read any Harry Potter, but it totally sucks and LotR is better." I think I bruised my forehead headdesking.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Mask or no mask?

4. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    No mask. Partially because of the metaphorical significance, partially because he just looks better without it

jeevan261001 likes this.
  5. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    It's raid time! ayy!

• What is your favorite parody movie?
    • Can you whistle?
    • Have you ever witnessed a car accident?

6. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ I've only watched one - Austin Powers - and while it was pretty good I'd never call it a favorite.

~ I can! I've known how to whistle since I was very young. I still remember running to show my parents that I could whistle "Twinkle Twinkle."

~ Not anything dramatic, but you can't live in my city without seeing people ding each other once in a while.

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Would you prefer to live in an urban, a suburban, or a rural setting?

:: Do most of your extended family live close to you, or further away?

:: What is your opinion of people who put clothes on their pets?

8. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ Suburban, I live in an urban setting and while I get along well here, I much prefer big backyards and larger houses and places where bringing your dog around the property is acceptable as a walk.

~ Farther away, my dad grew up across the country so we have to fly to see his side of the family; my mom's side is spread around this end of the country, but our closest relatives are still a five-hour drive away.

~ Depends on the sort of clothes, really. Sweaters on hairless pets in the dead of winter makes sense; I once saw a dog that couldn't move because it was too cold. Dressing your pet up on Halloween is semi-acceptable as well (though I guess it depends on how stupid the costume is). Otherwise, you could be doing better things with your time and your pet is probably miserable.

9. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Raid time! Your questions!

• What is one thing that people do that you consider extremely rude?
    • Are you looking forward to the warmer weather?
    • Do you have a smart device in your home like Siri, Google Assistant or Amazon Echo?

10. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ Play music on the train without headphones - whether that be for a "performance" or just out of your phone. I don't care if you turn up your music so loud that we can hear it, how are you supposed to know? I do care when you're so disrespectful that you're not even considering that others don't want to hear your music or tv show or whatever. It's worse when I'm trying to listen to my own music (through earbuds) and I can't because theirs is too loud.

~ I am! The cold weather has been nice but warm weather will be nicer.

~ Nope, not really interested in one.

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Have you ever seen an owl in the wild? If so, what kind?

In honor of Pokémon Day, let's talk traveling companions! Who was your favorite traveling companion in the anime? Mine has and always will be Brock XD He's just too good of a comic relief

12. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ I don't think I ever have, or not that I remember. I've seen owls in zoos and such but I've only heard them in the wild.

~ I'm not sure, but I know I enjoy the sibling duos - Bonnie and Clemont, May and Max. They're usually pretty entertaining, though to be honest I find that all the individual characters tend to annoy me in some way.

13. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Whats your favorite pokepun you've ever heard? Do you think others would find it lopunny? (im so sorry)

Whats your favorite Gen 1 Pokémon?

14. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ (god you're terrible) I'm not gonna raichu a love song! I may or may not have just Googled some puns And it seemed to be fairly popular, so yes!

~ Probably Ninetails!

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Are you prone to 'spacing out'?

:: Are there any folk tales that you really like?

:: Why does the Grim Reaper carry a scythe? Aren't there more effective weapons for extracting souls?

16. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ I don't do it, say, daily. But I have been known to space out on occasion. (pretty embarrassing when someone's waiting for me to respond to them.)

~ Many! I get all geeky about folk tales, fairy tales, mythology, and other things like them. I don't think I have any favorites in particular though.

~ His name . . . has reaper in it? A scythe reaps? Come on, I didn't even have to Google that one

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    It wasn't the name I was disputing. I was disputing why he has to be a 'reaper'.

As far as weapon efficacy goes, a scythe is not exactly on the high end. The Angel of Death has anything he pleases at his disposal, so why a scythe?

18. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Well, the initial question asked, "Why does the Grim Reaper carry a scythe?" It's all in the wording. If you had said "Angel of Death," I would have had a different answer. But he's a reaper. He reaps with his scythe.

I did a few Googles and I liked the answer that said it was all in his creation. The Grim Reaper was made at a time when agriculture factored hugely into a society's culture. So agricultural motifs aren't all that surprising, even if, yes, there are more practical choices.

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Huh! I see. I suppose that makes sense, then. And I suppose the goal is to preserve the souls rather than kill the people outright (because by the time he comes along they're dead anyway).
    I do have a habit of reading deeply into things, so that might be my problem.

:: Were there any games you loved to play as a child, and you still like to play now?

:: Do you consider yourself an organised person?

:: What, in your opinion, is the best snack food?

20. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    • Doing anything special for your birthday?
    • What was your favorite activity in gym class?