1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask me things!

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Rafael, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I like to wear simple clothing. I don't like shirts with designs on them. For example, I'd wear a plain black long sleeves shirt and a pair of khaki jeans. Nothing more. Yup, very simple overall. :)

I'm a big fan of American food. You can't go wrong with 'em :) I do like balancing all the meat with vegetables though.

I'm choosing the Philippines simply because I was born and raised here. I definitely love my country more than any other.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Who's the character in your signature?

What's your favourite anime genre?

Potatoes or broccoli?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Akame from Akame ga Kill :)

My favorite anime genre would probably be Slice of Life. I dunno, I enjoy them way more than Romantic Comedy or Action anime.

That one's tough. I personally like broccoli more than potatoes when it's raw, but I'm such a big fan of french fries and hash browns so I'm going to go with potatoes on this.

4. Smooshie

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    So now the question is: French Fries, Mash Potatoes or Baked Potato?

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    What's your favorite anime?

6. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Why do you like Cresselia?

Do you like eating Cabbage?

Have you ever seen Avatar: The Last Airbender?

7. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?

8. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    FRENCH FRIES!!! :3

That's a really hard question to answer since I haven't really thought about it yet. I'll probably choose something like AnoHana or Usagi Drop though. :)

I like Cresselia because of its bulkiness and how well it always fits into my competitive teams. I've always found it to be useful and it never lets me down.

Yup! I love eating almost all types of vegetables.

Nope, I heard it was really bad so I didn't bother. It's probably not a good thing to base my opinion on reviews alone without even watching the movie, but I'm not a movie guy either so I didn't want to risk my time for it xD

Travelling, definitely. I want to explore the world and try all sorts of things that I never would be able to do without money.

9. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Oh, I was talking about the original TV show. The movie sucks, but the TV series is my favorite!

So recently, I had a debate about how Cresselia was viable in Ubers easily. Their argument was Knock Off. What do you say to that? Is Cresselia great at bulking Knock Offs?

How many tries did it take to defeat all of the gym leaders here? (just tell me about one ;) )

Favorite kind of cookie?

10. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Ohh yeah I did enjoy the TV series a lot! I didn't get to the end of it since I wasn't that big of a fan, but I loved it a lot as a child.

Hmm, I've never thought about trying it in Ubers, but I think it could work. In OU, I run a 252 HP / 136+ Def Cresselia and it doesn't really care about Knock Off. It loses its item but Knock Off becomes kinda useless afterwards. I tried this calc just now:
    252+ Atk Deoxys-A Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Cresselia: 206-244 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    So if you're expecting your opponent to Knock Off at you, use a Moonlight and you'd look like you didn't take any damage at all. But I don't know about other Uber Pokémon with Knock Off. I only checked with Deoxys-A because of its monstrous Attack stat. Losing your Leftovers is kind of an annoying thing for Cresselia though because it doesn't have many good means of recovery other than Moonlight (which has 8 PP). Anyway, I think it can work if used properly. That's all :)

Only one battle for most, but for Spammernoob, I lost the first battle. I haven't defeated Martsian and Karzarill either since I lost in my first battle against the two of them.

Chocolate chip!

11. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    What is fun about Pokémon battling for you? How did you originally get into battling?

12. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    How did you find out about powersaves?

13. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    I enjoy winning. I guess that's the main reason I play competitive battling. When you are able to outsmart your opponent and completely stop them on their tracks, it just feels so good.

I used to be a casual player only. I started to become interested in making strategies when I battle because the Battle Frontier was too hard to finish for me. Then I discovered lots of things about strategizing on Smogon. Eventually, I became attached to Smogon's competitive battling formats and I started to enjoy competitive battling :)

I found out about it on GameFAQs (where Satix recruited me haha). Everyone on there were kinda open to Powersaves and Pokegen so that's where I discovered all about it and the stuff it can do.

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Okay, this may have been asked but what countries have you been to? Any bad experiences with other countries?

15. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    I've gone to Indonesia, Thailand, USA, and Singapore only. As for the bad experiences, I don't think I've had any. I went to Indonesia when I was still in pre-school so I don't remember much. USA was fun for the most part, but the worst thing that happened to me there was my skin drying up from the cool wind in Chicago. Everything other than that was fun. Singapore was fun overall. I go to Thailand often when I have a break from school, and I kinda feel at home too when I'm there. Because I've gone so many times, I MIGHT have had a bad experience but I probably don't remember it.

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    How did you learn to make graphics?

17. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    I learned most of the things I do from simply trying random things on Photoshop. I watch YouTube videos once in a while too. My sister is probably the main reason I'm able to do graphics though, I try to copy her graphics styles a lot (and totally fail after trying).

18. Smooshie

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Have you tried surfing? The ocean, not the internet :D

What's your favourite Pokémon to hate?

19. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Never. I have a huge fear of beaches because I almost drowned once when I was a kid xD I think it would be great though if I could try it once. It seems like a lot of fun.

I absolutely don't mind hating Garbodor because it's that one Pokémon who has a design I can never really appreciate no matter how hard I try. :sweat:

20. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.