1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask Poffin Anything!

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Poffin, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Sorry I missed all your questions guys! From December up until now I was on a break logging in basically only for PP. I am watching this thread but I never got notified? Aaaanywaaays...
    I have many, especially when my family used to go traveling. But lately I have been missing things like having more free time, spending most days with friends, and old hobbies.. these are all things I don't really have/can't do anymore due to being an adult and having changed. T_T

It's been many years since I had one, but since it's ice cream, I can't imagine not still liking them.

Not really watching anything new, but I am watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I don't really have a single favorite, but some of my favorite male anime characters over the years are, in no particular order: Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric, and Alex Louis Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist, Kyo Sohma from Fruits Basket, Lelouch vi Britannia from Code Geass, and Gilgamesh, Iskandar, and Astolfo from the Fate series.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    - If you could have one character from any anime/manga as your Servant for a Holy Grail War, who would you choose and why?
    - Who do you think would win in a fight between Jeremiah Gottwald and Alex Louis Armstrong?
    - What has been your favourite new media (anime, game, whatever) that you've found out about in the last 5 years?
    - Do you remember the days when we had to blow into video game catridges to get them to work?
    - Could you hug every cat?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Poffin
    Do you like retro games? What do you qualify as 'retro'?

4. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    - Obvious answer and boring answer, but I choose Gilgamesh. There are likely more overpowered characters from something I haven't read/watched but I don't care since I like Gilg. Hopefully can get -him to use Ea though...
    - Another obvious and biased answer but I think Armstrong would win. Probably one brute force alchemical punch from him and not even Jeremiah's knightmare could compete probably.
    - Xenoblade Chronicles, thanks to you! Bestest JRPG yet! Can't say I feel the same way about the other Xenoblade games as I haven't played them but that doesn't take away from the original game being a masterpiece. Honorable mentions go to the Fate series which you know I'm enjoying over the past year and Danganronpa... would be last because of V3.
    - Yes, but I never had to blow into a cartridge before.
    - But I can't hug every cat... T_T

Yeah I like retro games. I don't particularly care for most arcade games, however. I generally consider all games from video gaming's conception up to the point of the N64, Game Boy Color, and original PlayStation to be retro. Some may say that even the GCN/PS2/Xbox could be considered retro now but that just makes me feel old..

5. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    What’s your favorite Pokémon?

6. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    To name a couple, I like Suicune and Vulpix.

7. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    First Pokémon game

8. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My first Pokémon game was Pokémon Red and Blue. I can't remember exactly which I got first as this was nearly 20 years ago but I had both.

9. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Favorite non-mammal animal?

10. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Birds are the next best class.

11. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    What is your favourite manga?
    What is the most disappointing video game you've ever played?
    Favourite song from the 90s?

12. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I honestly don't read much manga these days anymore and though I have read many over the years, I am having difficulty thinking of one I would call my favorite. The only ongoing title I am reading is Land of the Lustrous, which is only a monthly release so it must be doing something right I guess since I can't stand waiting for anything else.
    Though I have played objectively worse games in my lifetime... I honestly have to say that Let's Go Eevee is the most disappointing. I wasn't expecting much since I haven't really enjoyed a Pokémon game since Gen 5 but LGE achieved a new personal low for me as I wasn't able to force myself to play to the 3rd gym before completely losing interest. This is saying a lot for someone who is on this Pokémon forum but I sorely hope Sword and Shield are better than every game since the 3DS era or I may have finally outgrown modern Pokémon games.
    You know I have a hard time picking favorites with things like this... there are too many good ones. If you asked little me, she would have said any song by Britney Spears, Macarena, All Star, and She's So High.

13. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    What is your favorite thing to destroy since you are the king of destruction?

14. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ashgfadgsh I swear I'm not getting notifications for this thread for some reason.
    A cliche response but bubble wrap is fun to destroy in the sense of popping all the bubbles. For virtual destruction, mowing down hordes of enemies in Warriors style games and blowing up large parts of terrain in a Minecraft Creative world is also satisfying.

15. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Do you like to make poffins?
    Are you hoping for gen 4 remakes on the switch?

16. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Of course I like making Poffins as well as hope for a Sinnoh remake on Switch. I hope they do that after Sword and Shield is released, and Contests and Poffin-making better still be in the game!

17. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    What is your favorite birb?

18. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'd never see one irl since I don't think I'll go to Australia but I like the Pink Robin!

19. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Charizard is now my other main. How do you feel about that? (No, I’m being legit)

20. Poffin

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    That's fine. Not a lot of people play Zard anymore. Why the blue alt though?