1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask Questions of Madness

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by 8542Madness, Oct 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I love that title. I've been waiting to use that play on words for a while.

Anyhoo, a few days ago I realized that nobody here really knows me. Sure, some know of me, but they don't really know about me.

This is here to solve that! You can ask me anything and everything, and I promise to give a truthful response. Beware of sarcasm and excessive bluntness, however.

Let the interrogation begin!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    How mad are you?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    To determine if a witch is actually a witch, what animal must she equal in weight?

4. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Who are you?

Why so much madness? Why exactly 8542?

Least favorite name?

Favorite animal?

Something you're neutral about?

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    How do you feel about being a mod?

6. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    You're related to Shinygiratinaz, yeah? Or is that someone else?

7. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

8. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Right now? Midly frustrated. I've got a ton of homework to do, an essay to write, and a moderator position to try to not horribly mess up. I think the stress is starting to get to me.

A duck, of course!

I am a "special" little snowflake. My name that I don't care if people know is...
    :D Fooled ya!
    I want to someday double major in English and Computer Science, and will attempt to pursue a career teaching others about both of those. That is who I am, in a nutshell. How did that term get started, anyway?
    I have gone by Madness for many years for many reasons, the most prominent being that "special" thing and some anger issues that I resolved a while ago. I used to be extremely irrational and people would frequently remind me of that, so Madness made sense for a username. The name has a nice ring to it and is familiar to me by now, so I have no need to change it.
    8542 can mean whatever you want it to mean. It has absolutely no meaning at all. It's just some random numbers that have stuck with me over the years.
    My least favorite name? Shinygiratinaz. I can't stand the name, especially since I think the username she used to use was much better. It used to be Duskpheonix.
    My favorite animal? Cats, definitely. Ponies aren't as adorable in real life.
    Hmm... I'm neutral about a lot of things. I believe it is good to try to find an even ground in the majority of situations, but I know when it is time to take a side. One specific thing I find myself neutral about is politics.

Incredibly nervous. I have a special talent for utterly ruining everything I try to do well in, and I'm desperately praying I won't do it again.

Eeyup. That's my little sister. We get along wonderfully now, but we actually used to fight all the time. I'm glad we moved past that though, because I value her friendship more than anything.
    Alright, enough mushy feelings stuff.

A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could if a woodchuck could chuck wood!

9. Malc Modnar

Malc Modnar Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    To ask the question on everyone's minds: is there a method to you?

10. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Not deep thought answer: Nope!
    Deep thought answer: Yes.
    While I generally isolate myself from others, there are a few people who I can call my friends. These are people who have found that "method to my madness" and broken through my usual blunt and harsh attitude towards people I don't know. Honestly, I don't even know what the method is. I just know that there are only four people in the world who have discovered it.

That's IRL, anyway. I'm surprisingly much kinder on the internet. I'm not really sure why, but that's how it is.

11. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Why the numbers in front of madness?

12. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Madness is a common username on most sites. I just stick those four numbers in front of the username, and then it works. Most people assume that those four numbers have some deep meaning or dark secret behind them, but there's nothing to them other than their functionality.

Maybe I should make up some sort of deep meaning to them. It would certainly make the username more interesting.

13. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Do you want your name changed to Madness?

14. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    No, but thank you. For some reason, 8542 has stuck with me across every website, game name, and email I've ever had. I can't imagine my username without it. It's stupid that I've become attached to four random numbers, but I think we're all entitled to a bit of sentimental stupidity every once in a while.

Thank you, though.

15. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Will you compliment me to ease the pain of not remembering your numbers?

16. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    EDIT: Looking back, I realized that I horribly misread that post you made. I will now fix it.

Satix, you rock! You're really awesome! Can I have your autograph?

17. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    How do you feel about you becoming attached to a few random numbers in front of your username?

18. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I'm not sure how to feel. The knowledge that I'm going to be leaving the four of them behind when Satix changes the name... It feels good, sort of. It feels like I'm more unique now. I'm not just another guy with the username Madness who puts some crap around the name so that he can still use it, even though other users already have that name. It's like I'm moving on into a new stage of my life.

At the same time, it feels like I've lost something incredibly special to me. I love 8542, those four little numbers that add up to 19, my second favorite number. 8542 has meant a lot to me over the years. I'm not 8542Madness anymore, just Madness. The 8542 set me apart from all the other Madness in the world. It made my brand of Madness unique in its own strange way.

The selfish answer to your question is that I feel sad. I don't want to give up my 8542. It means a ton to me. It's stupid, I know. I simply cannot remember a time where I wasn't known as 8542 before Madness. 8542 is everything to me; it's a part of my identity. I hate to see it go.

However, it's not about me. The fact of the matter is that it will be much easier for everyone else to remember me just by Madness. A rule I made for myself when I first became a writer is, "The reader is the most important thing in the world," and I've tried to extend this beyond writing. The people I interact with are the most important things in the world. If giving up a part of me is best for them, then it's for their good that I cut off 8542.

I'll never forget it, though. Someday, somebody will call me 8542Madness again (probably Shinygiratinaz) and I'll calmly reply, "That's not who I am anymore."

19. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I remember you used to have a Mewtwo avatar for the longest while + you've had Mewtwo's Dragonfly cave's personality result in your siggy for a time as well so I'mma nail you with an important question: What are your thoughts on Mega Mewtwo X and Y?

20. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I like Mewtwo the way he is, no Mega. The lore behind him is fantastic, and his effectiveness in battle is great. His Megas have strange designs in my opinion, and their stats are strange. Mewtwo is supposed to be a generally well-rounded Pokémon with focus in Special Attack. His Y form loses defensive capability for a large increase in Special Attack, which does make some sense. Mewtwo X, however, confuses me greatly. Why is his Attack stat higher than his Special Attack? That makes no sense!

My fascination with Mewtwo comes from his personality as depicted in the show. It's a personality similar to my own in some ways, and I've always liked having a character to connect to in whatever I read or watch. Too many characters are always positive and happy. Mewtwo was a refreshing change in the sense that he had to learn to be happy for himself after a long time being angry and unhappy.

Reckless likes this.