1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask the Mustachioed Machamp

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by BZRich64, Jun 30, 2017.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    1. Probably Ground. It's just always seemed kind of redundant to have Ground and Rock as separate types when they're basically the same thing.
    2. I prefer Fire over Water.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Do you find yourself laughing at bad and cheesy puns?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    All of the time. Even my own sometimes.

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Do you get physically tired easily?

:: What is your favourite aspect of science, if you have one?

:: Why are puns called 'cheesy'? Where is the cheese involved?

5. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    1. Yes. All the time.
    2. I guess I'd have to say knowing things about how the world works. Or For Science! jokes. Either one, really.
    3. According to a quick Google search, the term cheesy is derived from the Urdu word "chiz" meaning "a thing". The term was picked up by British colonist in India and slowly developed into the word 'cheesy', which meant "showy" but people started using it ironically and it lost its original meaning. Definitely not where I was expecting that term to have come from.

6. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    What and when was the last sprite you made?

7. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I actually don't remember. I'll go check.

Okay, it would appear that the last spite I "made" was a recoloring of Terra's enemy sprite in Final Fantasy Record Keeper that gave her green hair like in FFVI rather than the blonde hair of Dissidia Final Fantasy.
    [​IMG]
    The last one before that was the vampire Igglybuff that I made for one the Halloween events we had here on Lake Valor.
    [​IMG]
    I haven't really had any ideas for sprites, plus a lot of my time gets taken up with work, school and writing.

8. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    If you could have one Pokémon as your companion, what would it be?
    Is there a food chain you've never eaten at, but always wanted to (maybe something like a famous donut shop or Taco Bell or something)?
    What's your least favorite type and why?

9. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    1. Ralts. They're kind of adorable and would probably make could companions. And as it evolves it would become a good protector and bodyguard as well.
    2. I can't really think of any at the moment. I've eaten at a lot of food chains and I don't think there are any I haven't eaten at that I'm particularly interested in.
    3. I'd say Fairy. I like the idea of the typing but some Pokémon with it just don't make sense to have it, some should have it but don't, and I feel like the fact that they are immune to Dragon rather than just resistant to it makes them a bit OP.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Are there any particular artists you aspire, or perhaps look up to?

:: Are there any particular games (of any sort) that help you unwind?

:: Why did they make Terra/Tina's hair green in-game? Her artwork always has it as blonde.

11. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    1. I'm not really sure. There are a lot of artists that I look up to and would take influence from if I was interested in becoming an artist myself, but I don't really have any sort of artistic talent and long ago gave up on the idea of becoming any sort of artist so I'm not really sure if I could say that I aspire to any.
    2. I use games in general to help unwind, but my two favorite genres would be RPGs and platformers. Though I no longer have the patience for more traditional RPG systems.
    3. I've heard before that it had something to do with pallet limitations, but I don't know if that's the case or not. Amano drew most if not all of his female characters as blondes but they were often given different hair colors in game, such as Terra's green hair, Lenna's pink hair and Faris' purple hair. I think Amano just had a thing for blonde girls and so he made them all blonde, but the people who made their in game sprites tied to diversify their designs more. Personally, I prefer Terra with green hair as I feel that it helps enhance the mystique of her character and helps drive home the fact that she's not fully human. Unfortunately, Dissidia based its redesigns of the older characters off of Amano's artwork regardless of how the characters were normally depicted up to that point, which meant that Terra became blonde. Then again, I'm somewhat biased since I don't like Amano's artwork or character designs to begin with. At all.

12. starry-syzygy

starry-syzygy almost a zombie

Virgo
    (Kirlia)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,852.2
    What’s something that you’re glad your parents passed on to you?

Have you ever said anything that you instantly regretted right after the words left your mouth?

13. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    1. I'd say pretty much everything, really. From genetics to life lessons, I owe my parents a lot and I'm very thankful to and for them.
    2. I can't think of any specific instances tight now, but I know that it has happened to me more than I'd like to admit.

14. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    What's next? Beard or chest hair?

15. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Between those two options it would have to be beard. I actually kind of like having a beard unless it starts getting to long (about two centimeters is my limit), although most of the time I forget I even have one. One the other hand, I have almost no chest hair what so ever.

16. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    How much time do you spend in the sun?

How picky are you with food?

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Welcome to life, my friend.

:: Do you enjoy splashing in puddles - or used to do so?

:: How much do you normally eat for breakfast?

:: Do you think you could rock a pair of sideburns?

18. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    1. I don't really spend much time in the sun. Most of my time is spent indoors.
    2. I'm not at all picky when it comes to food. I don't like zucchini, sweet potatoes or anything coffee flavored (I've never tried coffee before but I'd probably hate it more than anything else.) and that's about it. Everything else is pretty much fair game.

1. I suppose that's something I've done before, but not very often. It's not really my thing, but I'm not above doing so.
    2. My usual breakfast consists of a bowl of cereal. What kind varies from day to day. Boring, I know.
    3. I'm sure that I could. I'm not sure how much I want to, but I'm sure I could.

19. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    What would you expect from a Mega Machamp?

[​IMG]

20. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I think Mega Machamp would probably be based off one or more of the various multi-armed Hindu Deities such as Shiva or Vishnu, getting a blue tint to its gray skin and growing either a third set of arms or a second pair of legs. It would probably have either No Guard or Sheer Force as an ability. Other than that, I'm not really sure.