1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask Your Resident Physicist Questions

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by ID Zeta, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @ID Zeta
    Been playing any games or do you not have time for them now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    I try to make time for games, they help me unwind after a tiring day. I probably should be using that time for doing something beneficial (like my senior project...), but I like to have some time to take my mind off of school work. I play Destiny 2 almost daily (and I'm HYPED for Joker's Wild).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    @ID Zeta
    What's the hardest part of physics?

4. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    Looks like you've already asked me this, so I'll just copy my previous answer.
    Everyone finds different things difficult. It depends on what you're good at.
    Personally, I found relativity to be annoying. In trying to different reference frames for an event and how observers in each frame see the event, I often end up confusing myself and getting nowhere. Electrostatics and magnetostatics were also a pain, though I think this is more because I was under-prepared for the heavy math involved and less because the concepts were difficult.
    More recently, I've discovered that reading and understanding published papers can be a challenge. Most of them do a poor job of explaining fundamental stuff (probably because it's assumed you already know it).

5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Do you have certain things that you think about when you listen to certain kinds of music?

6. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    For some of them, yes, but for the majority, not really. The ones where I do are usually due to one of two things:
    1. I've attached an emotion to that particular song, so listening to it evokes that emotion and makes me think of things related to it.
    2. The song has a structure that evokes certain images. There's one in particular that does this really well: Tiny Masterpiece of Evil, a song for a character in League of Legends. I imagine a grand battle between two armies or two beings while listening to it. Take a listen and you may see why.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  7. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    @ID Zeta
    Favorite form of transportation?

8. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    ...I only have access to 2 modes: my feet and my car. The only deciding factor between them is how far I'm going. Both are fine, I guess.
    That being said, I've been on a plane a couple times and generally enjoyed it.

9. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    What do you think of Pokémon Sword and Shield? @ID Zeta

10. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    I'm interested to see how they turn out. I don't have a Switch, nor do I plan on buying one, but I'm still interested in them.

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @ID Zeta Are you ready for some questions?

1) When was the last time you made a signature/banner?
    2) Are you enjoying Summer Scramble so so far?
    3) What is your favorite Legendary Pokémon?

12. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    I'm always ready for questions!
    I made my last signature probably... a few months ago? I've kinda lost interest in making them, but I'm willing to pick it up again while I experiment with GIMP.
    I'm liking Summer Scramble so far.
    I have a few favorite Legendaries, but the main 3 are Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. I believe they're among the most powerful Pokémon in all existence due to their control over time, space, and dark/antimatter.

13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    You get to have two by your side to face anything, which one are you leaving out?

14. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    Ooh, interesting...
    Dialga would be an obvious choice to keep, since controlling time is a huge advantage against any opponent. If I make a mistake, I can have it send me back through time to fix it.
    I'm torn between whether to keep Palkia or Giratina. I'm leaning towards Palkia, since its powers are more defined. It could shred the very fabric of reality around whatever threat I face, an ability that's awfully difficult to pass up on. Giratina's powers are a little ambiguous: what exactly does it control? Dark matter? Antimatter? All forms of matter? Without that clarity, I'd have to leave Giratina behind (reluctantly, because I love its Origin form).

15. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Favorite Mega Evolution design? Least favorite? For me it's a tie between Beedrill and Aggron for favorite and Audino for least favorite. Honorable mention to Altaria though on favorites because it's SO. DANG. FLOOFY.

16. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    There are a few Megas that I particularly like - Metagross, Rayquaza, Lucario, Blaziken - but I don't really have a favorite one. My least favorite, purely due to design, is Salamence. I really like Salamence, but its Mega looks like a damm UFO and I think it does a disservice to it.

17. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    But, but, GIANT CROISSANT DRAGON D:

Favorite evil Pokémon team leader? Least favorite? For me, favorites are a tie between Archie and Guzma, and least favorite is.... iunno, I guess Maxie :P

18. Danni

Danni PRAISE THE SUN

SS EGG #6
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Favorite Champion! My fave was Pre-Nerf Cynthia, because. She had to be nerfed and no champion has really ever challenged me like Cynthia did. Cynthia really made me feel like I had to give it my all to beat her.

19. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    #NotMyMegaEvolution

I've taken a liking to Cyrus, for whatever reason. He's a cold, completely uncaring individual whose goal was to wipe emotion from the world, and he came frighteningly close to achieving that. Plus, his theme is pretty good.
    I'm not a fan of Ghetsis. He's your typical "hell-bent on world domination" antagonist who, after failing twice at that goal, goes mad. I don't think he's a good villain for a Pokémon game, really.

20. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    Wait, I'm a dumb-dumb.
    I like Cynthia as a champion, too. She played a very active role in DPPt's plot, and having her be the final hurdle standing between you and the title is... fitting, somehow. More so than with Steven and Alder, who had similar involvements with their plot lines.

#220 Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019