1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Astral Chain

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wizard, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    Near the end of the recent Nintendo Direct, a new game was announced by Nintendo. This game is Astral Chain, which is being developed by Platinum games. Many notable names in gaming have come together to work on this project.The current release date is August 30, 2019. The trailer is down below in the spoilers.

What are your thoughts on this game? Do you think you will pick it up?

Very little is known about this game, but it has definitely grabbed my attention. The gameplay looks like it could be really solid. I'd definitely have to learn a big more before investing in the game and/or pre-ordering it, but it looks like a fun time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    It got my attention too, it looked pretty good just by the first glance, gave sorta a Xenoblade feeling. Is a game there's a high chance I'll try out if there ever is a demo or just outright buy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,915.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    With this game being shown again at the E3 Direct, figured I'd resurrect this.

Since Astral Chain is a Platinum Games IP, its a day 1 buy for me. They are the Treasure of modern gaming right now, just making awesome games because they are awesome. Can't wait for its release on August 30th.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    After seeing even more of it, I'm def going to get it. It was already on my list but this made it so is a 100% sure purchase.

5. Wizard

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    The more I see of this game, the more interested I am. I haven't played a ton of hack and slash games before, but this one seems like a good start. I'm not entirely sure if I will pre-order it or not, but it is a game I will likely get before the end of the year.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’ve always been drawn to the flair Platinum Games puts into their products and that’s no different here. If I have the money, I’ll get it day one without a doubt.

7. Wizard

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    In case you didn't see, we have some more little informational tidbits about the game:
    - Cats will be a collectable in the game
    - There will be a hidden toilet in each level
    - You can play as two characters at once (or do multiplayer)
    - You are a police detective that can use some power called "Legion", not sure what that is, but it has a neat name

I can't wait to collect cats and find toilets.

8. AlmightyDanger

AlmightyDanger The OHKO King

Deoxyribonucleic Acid
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽21.6
    This type of game isn't usually my thing but I'm genuinely intrigued