1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

AzurAurora goes X-Wonderlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Morgaine, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    So, I have tried it time and time again, but now I really want to make an effort and see how far I can go in a Wonderlocke. I will be documenting my trades, so you guys can enjoy my misery at getting fifteen Zigzagoon in one trading session. Captures will be in green. Trades will be in red. And a summary of my Pokémon (at the end of each day) will be in blue. Pokémon that have died will be listed in purple.

The rules:
    Standard Nuzlocke rules apply unless stated otherwise.

1. Only the first Pokémon on a route or cave may be caught.
    2. You must nickname the Pokémon before sending it into the big world
    3. After nicknaming it, time to wondertrade
    4. If the Pokémon is a dupe, we may trade it. If the Pokémon is being annoying due to high level we may trade it again.
    5. After each gym, we wondertrade the whole party!
    6. No usage of Legendary Pokémon. Nor does it have to be traded out.
    7. Seeing as I make use of traded Pokémon, Exp Share is only allowed to retrain after a Gym party trade
    Also shiny clause.​
    I am Anastasia and this is my Pokémon X wonderlocke run. We have kicked off!
    Chespin is the first Poké;mon to be added to the party, even if it is only for a short amount of time.

Rook the Chespin (male lv 5) Aquacorde

We fought off Shauna with her Froakie, not the biggest challenge. Rook grew to level 6. And after saying goodbye to our Mom, we are off to adventure. On route 2 we meet the standard Pidgey, too bad we have no Poke Balls as of yet.

After the mandatory, not needed, tutorial on how to catch Pokémon, we got the Poke Balls. Let's see what will appear in a second. It is a Fletchling. Man, I hope the person on the other side won't get mad at me giving this Pokémon to them.

Crimson the Fletchling (Female Lvl 3) Route 2

Well, we are going to do the first trades of the run. Wish me luck.

Rook -> Oddish (Female lvl 13)
    Crimson -> Pikachu (Female lvl 3)

Well, that actually went better than expected. I need to train up Pikachu a bit and then I am set for the forest.

I decided to heal in Aquacorde because Pikachu was running low on health. But she did grow to level 5. We beat the youngster in front of the forest and then go into Santalune forest. Shauna joins us and offers to heal our Pokémon.

The first Pokémon we encounter in the forest is a Pikachu? Of course, I would encounter one of them now.

Jaune the Pikachu (female Lvl 3) Santalune forest

Jaune -> Bronzor (lvl 1)

A level 1 Pokémon, just my luck. Oh, it does have Heatproof as ability! That is a nice surprise. We have made it out of the forest without getting poisoned once. The trainers weren't prepared for little old me having a Steel-type on the team. Now on route three we will catch the fourth Pokémon. It is a Bunnelby. Just chuck a ball at it and it is caught.

Panne the Bunnelby (femaleLvl 4) Route 3

Panne -> Poochyena (female lvl 2)

We have one more Pokémon to catch before we go and challenge the gym. Entering the Pokémon center we are ambushed by Tierno, who explains how the building works. Yeah, let's move on, shall we? After healing up the team, we move on to route 22 to catch the last Pokémon we can before the gym.

That rising star at the beginning is tougher than she looks. She almost took out my Poochyena and my Pikachu. We encounter a Dunsparce in the grass right next to the female rising star. It took two Poke Balls but it stayed put. Thank Arceus.

Wings the Dunsparce (female Lvl 7) route 22

Wings -> Wurmple (male lvl 2)

Welp, here is the dreaded Wurmple. At least, I won't have to use it later on. Ah, Pikachu reached level 10 and learned Quick Attack. After a few fights on route 22, Wurmple evolves into Cascoon. Joy. Not that Silcoon would have been much better. The only bug-type I like is Scolipede. You know I am certain that the preschooler on route 22 is a cheat, he has a level 5 Metapod. We have beaten all the trainers on route 22.

We got the skates from the skater girl in front of the gym. One final heal and we are all ready to challenge the gym, and boy, do I love the design of the Santalune gym. The rainbow-colored webs and the dew drops, it truly looks like a bug-type gym. Oh, Cascoon is evolving. That means we have a Dustox on our hands. It will make Viola a bit easier to deal with.

Bronzor is in the lead and Viola's Surskit goes down in five hits from confusion. At least, it would have if Viola didn't use a potion. Grr, now it took a while longer but it still went down. Now it is Vivillon against Pikachu, guess who is going to win this fight. That is right Pikachu. We gained the Bug Badge and now we have to trade the whole team.

Bronzor (lvl 11) -> Whismur (Female lvl 1)
    Dustox (lvl 11) -> Magnemite (lvl 24)
    Poochyena (lvl 10) -> Ralts (Male lvl 14)
    Pikachu (lvl 13) -> Skitty (Male lvl 17)
    Oddish (lvl 13) ->; Zigzagoon (female lvl 12)

Day one has come to an end. We got the Bug Badge and five Pokémon still alive in our team. Too bad one of them is a Zigzagoon.

The team consists off:
    Whismur (Female Lvl 1)
    Zigzagoon (Female Lvl 12)
    Ralts (Male Lvl 14)
    Skitty (Male Lvl 17)
    Magnemite (Lvl 24)

Yesterday we beat Viola at the Santalune Gym. Now it is time to make our way toward Luminose City and meet professor Sycamore. We meet Viola's big sister who gives us the Exp. Share. Now it comes in handy to train up my Whismur. Oh no, the first Pokémon we encounter is a MALE Combee. Whoever gets this Pokémon, know that I am sorry in advance.

Sorry the Combee (Male Lvl 7) Route 4

Sorry -> Weedle (Male Lvl 3)

Suddenly I don't feel nearly as sorry as that I was before. Come on, a Weedle? After some battles, Weedle has evolved into Kakuna and Skitty learned Encore. I miss Pikachu already. That little mouse was a great starter for my adventure and I am sad to see her leave. Almost done with route 4 and Kakuna has evolved into a Beedrill. He learned Fury Attack, nice.

We finally get to the end of Route 4 and meet Sina and Dexio. Were they always this obnoxious? Anyway, they want to go to the lab and show me off to the prof. Well, First I need to heal and take care off my Pokémon. Then I go to the lab and meet the good prof. He is a bit weird, saying he heard of us before and that stuff. Shauna and Calem show up and talk. Professor Sycamore was a pushover, but that is logical looking at the level of the current team.

Beedrill Lvl 12
    Whismur Lvl 13
    Zigagoon Lvl 14
    Ralts Lvl 16
    Skitty Lvl 18
    Magnemite Lvl 25

I just realized I have not one, but three normal types. To go up against a Rock gym. Joy. We gained a Squirtle in the process of beating the good prof and I will call it Shell. I am sending Beedrill back to the PC, as it would be a terrible choice for the next gym. And now we trade my only advantage away. Help me.

Shell the Squirtle (Male Lvl 10) Professor Sycamore's Lab

Shell -> Cascoon (Dupe) -> Combee (Male Lvl 6)

Time to pull Beedrill back out. At least, he stands a chance. A Combee does not. Now we go to Cafe; Soleil and meet up with Calem. Before we meet up with Calem we go to the hairdresser and get a medium haircut with some bangs. The light blonde color is fine. Going to the Cafe;. We meet Diantha and Lysander or as I like to call him Doritos. The only thing Calem wanted is to state he wants to be my rival. Sure, bye.

On route five, we meet one of my favorite people in whole Kalos, Korrina. And of course, we can't forget the Lucario. What will be our next Pokémon? A Skiddo, they are so cute. Too bad, we have to trade her away.

Kid the Skiddo (Female Lvl 10) Route 5

Kid -> Dwebble (Female Lvl 23)

Another bug type. Can't somebody sent me a Horsea or even a Magikarp? I will even take back my Oddish. Grant is going to murder my Pokémon. Just be picking them off one by one. Oh, crap the rival battle with Tierno, I forgot about that one. Whismur better makes it through. Barely but still alive. Thank Arceus.

I have to call hacks again. Rising star Hamish has a Lvl 13 Kadabra. They evolve at Lvl 16. At least my team is growing quite well.

We made it to Camphrier Town after having fought off all those trainers and this is where day two ends.

The Team

Zigzagoon (Lvl 14)
    Beedrill (Lvl 15)
    Whismur (Lvl 17)
    Ralts (Lvl 17)
    Skitty (Lvl 19
    Magnemite (Lvl 25

In the Box

Combee (Lvl 6)
    Dwebble (Lvl 23)

We start at where we left off yesterday, in the Pokémon center of Camphrier town. To progress the story we go up and visit the small castle before we go west to Route 7. We make a slight detour and go to the berry farm, because if we plant berries there is a chance to find another Pokémon here! After this, we go and talk to the castle owner to hear that he needs a Pokémon Flute to wake up the Snorlax that is sleeping on the bridge.

So we go up to Route 6 and defeat the tourists on the main route. Then we go up to the castle and pay the entrance fee. I never understand why people think this is good architecture or pay a lot to see a castle like this. Baroque never pulled my interest anyway. I do like the statue outside with the Golurk and Eevee. I especially like the statues of Reshiram and Zekrom in the garden. Even if I don't understand why they are there.

Anyway, Shauna and I have to look for the missing Furfrou and I already know where this is. I pick up the HM for Cut and we go to look for the Furfrou. It won't take that much time. Finding the Furfrou leads to one of the most spectacular fireworks shows I see on a regular base. Too bad it is during the day. We gain the Pokéflute and the TM for Protect.

Time to catch a Sentret on route 6 in the tall grass. Beedrill is awesome. I never thought that much of the Pokémon, but I am sure glad he is on my side. Now trading and hoping that there won't be another bug waiting for me behind the curtains.

Goggles the Sentret (Female Lvl 11) Route 6

Goggles -> Frillish (High level) -> Wurmple (Dupe) -> Froakie (Male Lvl 14)

I can't risk it, the Frillish is off a too high level and I am re-trading her. Wurmple is the next to be re-traded. Seeing as that I had a Dustox during the match with Viola. Then I got the saving grace. As long as, Froakie lives till Grant I might be able to beat him with some ease. So I switch Beedrill for Froakie. And train him up a bit. Never mind, he almost killed himself thanks to a Volbeat. But now he is evolving.

The Furfou trainers on Route 6 are every Trainer's worst nightmare. And it is here that we lost the first Pokémon of our playthough. It was a critical hit that did it. I had hoped not to see this but it has happened.

Zigzagoon (Lvl 5 —Lvl 18) RIP

Ralts and Frogadier have avenged our fallen comrade and we lay Ziggy to rest in the RIP-box. After a short period of deliberation, Beedrill rejoins the team. We have beaten every other trainer with ease, but the loss of Ziggy still weighs heavy on my shoulders.

The Snorlax was a tough fight but we caught it as the encounter of Route 7.

Beige the Snorlax (Male Lvl 15) Route 7

Beige -> Audino (Male Lvl 22)

Another Normal-type. A bit of variation wouldn't hurt. But at least it is something. Ralts evolves into Kirlia on route 7. After the rival battle, we enter the first of many caves and we encounter a Whismur to catch. And the catch was enough to push our own Whismur over the edge and it evolves into Loudred.

Pinky the Whismur (Female Lvl 14) Cave

Pinky -> Zangoose (Male Lvl 19)

And it rains on route 8. Great. Another encounter leads to Mienfoo.

Golden the Mienfoo (Female Lvl 15) Route 8

Golden -> Eevee (Female Lvl 18)

Now normally I would complain about another Normal-type but this one I actually want. I think this one will end up in the running for the Elite Four battles. As I always have six spots open for the Pokémon I will be training on the side for the endgame.

We caught a Hippopotas on route 9. Yay, maybe now I get something else than a bug or a normal type. Somehow I doubt it dearly.

Sandy the Hippopotas (Male Lvl 16) Route 9

Sandy -> Luvdisc (Female Lvl 15)

An Adamant Luvdisc. Wonderful. Anyway we reach the cave and find a Kangaskhan as the first encounter of the

Baby the Kangaskhan (Female Lvl 17) Glittering Cave

Baby -> Tentacool (Male Lvl 15)

That is a whole lot better to be working with than a Luvdisc. I think I will quickly grab Tentacool and train him up to speed before continuing our way through Glittering Cave. YES, Kirlia learned Magical Leaf. Thank Arceus. We got a Jaw fossil and go back to Ambrette town. And after the Tyrunt trade, we will finally make the last stretch to Cycllage and challenge the gym.

Jaws the Tyrunt (Male Lvl 20) Ambrette

Jaws -> Aron (Male Lvl 12)

Another possibility for the endgame team. After finally arriving in Cycllage, we can go and challenge the gym. We are ready.

The Team before entering the gym:

Tentacool LVl 20
    Skitty LVl 22
    Kirlia Lvl 22
    Frogadier Lvl 22
    Loudred Lvl 23
    Magnemite Lvl 25

Tentacool (Lvl 15- Lvl 21) RIP

Dwebble joins the team for the last few trainers.

Dwebble (Lvl 23-Lvl 23) RIP

Grant was the one Gym Leader I was the most afraid off. And he showed me why. In my previous runs, he would wipe out the whole team. All my Pokémon were barely able to survive even one hit, let alone two. In the end, Loudred was the VIP, taking out the feared Tyrunt. Now I may trade the five alive Pokémon and see what the result is.

Skitty -> Mawile (Female Lvl 1)
    Kirlia -> Wurmple (Dupe) -> Abra (Female Lvl 10)
    Frogadier -> Baltoy (Lvl 23)
    Loudred -> Sigilyph (Male Lvl 21)
    Magnemite -> Aerodactyl (Male Lvl 20)

The team after laying Dwebble to rest in the RIP Box:

Mawile (Lvl 1)
    Abra (Lvl 10)
    Aerodactyl (Lvl 20)
    Sigilyph (Lvl 21)

Audino (Lvl 22)
    Baltoy (Lvl 23)

In the Box

Beedrill (Lvl 20)
    Combee (Lvl 6)
    Zangoose (Lvl 19)
    Luvdisc (Lvl 15)

Eevee (Lvl 18)
    Aron (Lvl 12)

RIP (Thank you, guys)

Zigzagoon
    Tentacool
    Dwebble

The team:

I did some grinding before starting the fourth day of the Wonderlocke. The team looks as follows and I have high hopes.

Mawile Lvl 19
    Kadabra Lvl 19
    Sigilyph lvl 23
    Aerodactyl 23
    Audino Lvl 24
    Baltoy lvl 25

I went back to the berry farm to check on the berries and we have found an encounter there on one of the Pecha trees I planted yesterday.

Barry the Spewpa (Male Lvl 15) Berry farm

Barry -) Charmander (Male Lvl 1)

On Route 10 we caught Blanche the Emolga. But not before, Blanche oneshotted my Kadabra with Pursuit because I was switching him out. Kadabra was simply too strong and would have oneshotted the Emolga. Instead, I was taken out.

Kadabra (Lvl 10 - 19) RIP

Blanche the Emolga (Male Lvl 19) Route 10

Blanche -) Zigzagoon (Dupe) -) Ditto (Lvl 38)

Zangoose was added to the team. We met team Flare and crushed their Pokémon quickly. Then we went to Geosenge, healed up and battled with Korrina. We won thanks to Sigiliph. Then going into Route 11 we lost Baltoy as we were catching a Hariyama that was being annoying.

Baltoy (Lvl 23 - 25) RIP

Huh the Hariyama (Male lvl 21) Route 11

Huh -) Plusle (Male 12)

Plusle was added to the team. Going into reflection cave we encountered first a Woobat that we caught with ease, no problems at all.

Echo the Woobat (Female Lvl 24) Reflection Cave

After taking two steps we encountered the dreaded Wobbuffet. The killer of Pokémon in the Nuzlocke challenges was there, little Plusle was in front and I could see the fear reflecting in his eyes. It came true.

Plusle (Lvl 12 - 17) RIP

Then to soften the hurt of losing the little mouse, we went to wondertrade Echo.

Echo -) Zigzagoon (dupe) -) Ralts (Male Lvl 32)

I was ecstatic to see the Ralts appear. A Pokémon that would be able to take on the gym easily. And at level 32 it would take only two levels to evolve it fully! Before we even reached the end of Reflection cave, we had a Gardevoir. After healing , I went quickly to the east and caught a new Pokémon.

Charap the Chatot (Malelvl 28) Route 12

Charap -) Ralts (dupe) -) Azurill (Female Lvl 5)

The team

Sigiliph Lvl 31
    Areodactyl Lvl 33
    Zangoose Lvl 25

Audino Lvl 35
    Gardevoir Lvl 35
    Mawile Lvl 34

We went to the tower of mastery and blazed through Calem's team. My Pokémon were a bit overleveled this time. Then going to meet Korrina at the gym, the greatest challenge was to stop the skaters from moving. Sigiliph single-handely defeafted the entire gym. Kudos to you, good sir! Then we have a trading sequence.

Sigiliph -) Lotad (Male Lvl 1)
    Aerodactyl -) Oddish (Dupe) -) Whismur (Dupe) -) Swablu
    Zangoose -) Wingull (Female Lvl 3)
    Audino -) Riolu (Male Lvl 1)
    Mawile -) Meditite (Male Lvl 23)
    Gardevoir -) Zigzagoon (Dupe) -) Poochyena (Dupe) -) Xatu (Male Lvl 32)

Riolu was added to the endgame team as he will be good for Wikstrom's fight. Then we went to do the successor fight with Korrina at the top of the tower of mastery. We won and I gained the Mega Ring and the Lucarionite. Per usual, we trade away the Pokémon that was given to us. Seeing as that I have a Riolu waiting in the wings it is all good.

Mask the Lucario (Male Lvl 32) Tower of Mastery

Mask -) Taillow (Male Lvl 4)

It was a deathless run today thanks to Xatu, who swept each and every Pokémon we encountered today.

The team at the beginning of today's run:

Swablu
    Wingull
    Xatu
    Meditite
    Taillow

Lotad

I only obtained Delore the Lapras as a surfer so she was traded away when we reached the Courmarine Pokémon center.

Delore the Lapras (Female Lv 31) Courmarine

Delore -) Zigzagoon -) Wurmple -) Makuhta (male Lv 11)

Taillow and Swablu evolved during the short run to Courmarine.

The team for the rival battle and the gym.

Xatu Lv 40
    Altaria Lv 36
    Combee Lv 6
    Ditto Lv 38
    Luvdisc Lv 15
    Makuhita Lv 11

Seeing as Xatu was going to make quick work of the gym anyway, I packed my party full of Pokémon that would have stayed in the box otherwise and send those away after the battle with Ramos. We got the badge and now we trade.

Ditto -) Ducklett (Female lv 1) (CRAP)
    Combee -) Furfrou (Male Lv 8)
    Makuhita -) Espurr (Male lv 11)

Luvdisc -) Fletchling (Male Lv 3)
    Altaria -) Drifloon (Male Lv 13)
    Xatu -) Skarmory (Female lv 16)

The current team after shuffling:

Furfrou lv 8
    Meditite lv12
    Drifloon lv 13
    Lotad lv 1
    Wingull lv 24
    Beedrill lv 27

The Box:

Azurill
    Swellow
    Skarmory
    Ducklett
    Charmander

The Battlebox
    Eevee
    Aron
    Riolu
    Fletchling
    Espurr

RIP

Zigzagoon
    Tentacool
    Dwebble
    Kadabra
    Baltoy
    Plusle

What a wonder team to go up against an Electric gym...

Um, I seem to have forgotten to update after the Gym fight with Clemont, so here is the general overview of what happened.

I caught another Pokémon and I got a Pidgey.

The Electric gym wasn't as I thought it would be. I lost Meditite at level 36, rip.

And I traded the party in again.

I got a Magikarp, Flabébé, Sableye, Seedot, and a Fraxure. And that was the important stuff. Now onward to Laverre!

Current team

Gyarados Lvl 32
    Beedrill lvl 47
    Florges lv 34
    Skarmory lvl 34
    Pidgeotto lv 24
    Ducklett lvl 33

Box

Charmander
    Sableye
    Seedot
    Fraxure

Battlebox

Eevee
    Aron
    Espurr
    Riolu
    Fletchling
    Beldum (Route 14 trade)

I am guessing that Beedrill can take the Laverre gym alone and I am banking on it. Swellow died in the fight against Calem and was replaced with Pidgey.

I caught Cara the Karrablast on route 14 and got a Beldum in return. Whoop!

Arrived in Laverre gym, we prepare to enter the gym with a severely under leveled team. Well, not as under leveled as I thought. Even Skarmory is making quick work of the gym Pokémon.

Ducklett evolved into Swanna after a minor fight. And Beedrill grew to level 50 during the fight with Valerie.

Well time to trade the team again. I will miss Beedrill the most as he has been with me since day two. from route six all the way to Laverre.

Beedrill lvl 50 -> Treeko Lvl 1 male
    Gyarados lvl 36 -> Braixen Lvl 32 male
    Swanna lvl 35 -> Electrike lvl 13 male
    Skarmory lvl 36 -> Snover Lvl 39 female
    Pidgeotto lvl 28 -> Caterpie lvl 3 female
    Florges lvl 36 -> Purugly lvl 37 female

Current team:

Caterpie
    Purugly
    Snover
    Sableye
    Seedot

Box
    Charmander
    Treeko
    Braixen
    Electrike
    Fraxure

Battle box
    Eevee
    Riolu
    Aron
    Fletchling
    Beldum
    Espurr

Rip Box
    Zigzagoon
    Tentacool
    Dwebble
    Kadabra
    Baltoy
    Plusle
    Meditite
    Swellow

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cadbberry likes this.
  2. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Day two is live! We went from Santalune to Camphrier Town. Due to a computer crash in the middle, I had a big scare and I thought better than to play with fire.

We added three new Pokémon to the team. Beedrill, Combee and Dwebble.

3. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Day three is live. We welcomed seven new Pokémon to the team, but we lost three during the long trek to Cycllage. A completely new team will face the next part of the run.

4. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Another installment of my Kalos journey. We had losses and gains and more important we have three badges, the Mega Ring and the ability to Mega Evolve!

5. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Painless run today. Trading my Pokémon was way more painful. Especially the results.

Cadbberry likes this.
  6. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    A short update, I lost the Wonderlocke. It was an unfortunate accident on the way to Dendemille. Thanks to all the Pokémon that were with me on this journey. You deserve some rest.