1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Bad Habits

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Aug 19, 2016.

1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Looking at the breakfast habits thread gave me an idea.

What bad habits do you have? How did it start and what can you do to stop it?

I thought it would be really nice to reflect and be mindful of bad habits haha.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Totalheartsboy

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.3
    At school if i get bored randomly i start getting sleepy which is the bad habit, so in order to stop this i had to draw random stuff so i could stop getting bored.
    This thread is a good idea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I bite my nails. A lot. And I doodle all over important stuff I should not doodle upon.

Oh, also, I procrastinate. A lot. Every time I get a big project at school, I'll barely do anything until the night before it's due >.>

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    A habit of mine is to draw on anything I see that is drawable! This can sometimes mean important documents that need to be printed twice... But I don't consider it a bad habit.

I tend to press hard with my nail of my index finger on the skin next to my thumb nail. It causes the skin to peel, and I tend to fiddle with that peeled skin. It's a bad habit that does cause my thumb to bleed once scratched hardly, so I really need to stop it. I had a turn around point last week when I hit my thumb hard on a sharp part on my bag, and blood poured! I had to run all the way, past two huge school buildings, just to get a band aid. Lesson learned.

I also keep clicking my pen in class! I got told off by a teacher last year, and that hurt so much! Though I tried to stop, it never worked. I just hope I don't get told off again...

5. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    I can relate SO MUCH, I was known as the guy who slept in class more than anyone else by far. Drawing sounds like a nice solution >_>

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I am a huge procrastinator, which means that I heap all the work of one week onto one day. Breaking the work into smaller parts and start doing them would probably work to get rid of the habit. If I actually come around to doing it.

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    This is the part where you share a bad habit of your own, just to make the rest of us not feel bad, but I digress.

I have the habit of biting my nails, it's been a habit of mine for nearly 20 years (I developed it while still a young child), and I've never been able to kick it since, despite how detrimental it's been to me at times. The only true upshot to this is that I never have to use a nail clipper to trim my nails (the one time I did try, I immediately stopped because I knew I was doing it wrong), but that one positive isn't enough to outweigh the mound of negatives.

Initially I developed this habit from boredom and not being challenged enough (public school has done me no favours), but even after that it never went away. It's a sickness, and it's gotten worse.

Edit: Megarai's post has reminded me that picking my nose is another bad habit I have, that I think I developed about the same time as the nail-biting habit. Thankfully, that hasn't caused me any noticeable detriments whatsoever - but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

8. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    nothing. I'm perfect in every way. I have a tendency to bounce my leg. My mother in particular hates it, because it shakes the tables, car, and sofa every time I do it

9. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Ohh, I have a loooot of bad habits, and one of my bad habits is complaining about my bad habits! \o/

I'll refrain from putting the entire list up here though, dw :P

One of my bad habits is picking my nose. I've been doing that for Arceus knows how long, and I've kinda accepted it as a thing now. I can't stop doing it, oops.
    I also have trouble sitting still, so when I have nothing to do, I often end up drumming with my fingers on whatever surface is around (or if I'm just standing around, I'll drum with my hands on my legs), humming songs or twitching my legs. When I finish a test early during one of our test weeks, I often end up doing that if I don't have any room left on my paper to draw on. I don't know how annoying it is for others, but I simply can't help myself :sweat:

10. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I chew my nails a lot. I always have to need to be doing something even if it's not much. A few years ago I started biting my nails whenever there's not a ton going on or when I'm nervous. I haven't cut my nails in years now because they're always short from me chewing them. Luckily I seem to be decent as chewing off fairly cleanly so my nails don't look all that bad. Still, I should probably do something about it but I don't see me stopping anytime soon.

11. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Haha. I feel all of you. I completely forgot to put my own bad habits.

I BITE MY NAILS LIKE CRAZY. They don't look bad, but they don't look great either. In addition, I have this really bad habit of scratching at my scalp which cause dandruff. Not a great habit. RIP my hair and nails.

12. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Hi I'm Yuri and I'm addicted to eating too many oreos.
    But really, I bite my nails a lot, I want to be able to paint them, but I always bite.

13. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    *raises nail-less hand*
    I have terrible issues with biting my nails. It's terrible because it can so bad that even with less nail-than-desirable I'll still bite them. And if I can't? I bite the fingers. I don't draw blood at least but it's a terrible habit.

Actually thinking about it I just have a bad biting habit. I don't go chronically biting people obviously, that'd be horrific, but my mouth has to nearly always be doing something, whether it's eating, chewing something, making stupid noises or making stupid faces, it actively HAS to be doing something. This of course gives off vibes that I'm not paying attention even when I am.

And then there's the insistent head scratching I do, because (much like with my mouth) my hands must always be doing something, and if there's nothing to be done with them, they wander to my head and, well, you get the idea.

All of this can be summed up to inability to stand still at all. I cannot stop moving ever, which naturally gets distracting for others. It's frustrating and difficult to control a lot of the time, so I'd consider it my worst habit.

14. Deleca7755

Deleca7755 Annoying Person

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    My bad habit Is....

Being alive--

[​IMG]

15. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I'm going to share some confessions - I have terrible bad habits that ruin my opportunity to be a lady. That's why it's best to just be me.

You know the skin next to the thumb nails? Well, I have a bad habit of pricking them with my other fingernails or biting the skin off. I've peeled off several layers of this skin and it never does me any good. It's a huge pain to get this habit to stop, and right now, while I let my thumbs recover, I'm going to stop this habit once and for all.

When I was younger, I used to p-pick my nose. That's because I was disgusted just thinking about blowing my nose. I used to get a tissue whenever I was sick and pretend I was blowing my nose by breathing in. I'd only use inhalers. And when I was even younger, I used to .... eat... it. It's such a good thing I stopped before I reached high-school.

I also used to have a really bad habit that stopped quite recently. I would wake up so early in the morning (around 2 or 3 AM), but remain in bed, as the lights were all of. I would pester my sister to give me the torch that is next to our beds and then turn it on, afraid of any spiders on my bed. I'd deprive the both of us from sleep during the summer times because there are so many deadly spiders in Australia, and one of the deadliest lives in our area. There have also been several occasions where I found spiders on my bed.

16. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    Oh my god where do i begin.

first of all, i bite my nails, as well as tap (I know how annoying this is, and i'm sorry kid that sits beside me) , as well as constantly avoid eye contact (which makes me look like i just broke some important law). Also, i avoid human contact. I hate touching people or being touched, it's not even an ' edgy teen thing ' it's out of pure discomfort.

17. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I bite my nails instead of cutting them, I pick eye-goo out of my eyelids all the time cause feels good, and I smoke

18. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    i bite my cuticles like a lot and that's a pretty big habit i'm trying to break rn.

19. DizzyTheBuneary

PokéPoints:
    ₽9.6
    I've had the nail-biting habit for a few years. After high school- I did manage to stop, thanks to using the clear awful tasting polish, but when I went to college, I got stressed and boom! The damn habit started again! Now that I'm graduated from college, I am trying to stop biting at my fingers, but I do have another bad habit. I tend to chew at my lower lip, sometimes to the point where it gets a little bloody. It's especially annoying with my piercings, since I sometimes bite down onto the metal of the rings by accident, and that hurts both my lip and my teeth. And don't get me started on my habit of skipping meals...

20. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    I waste a ton of time procrastinating and doodling on exercise books and other paperwork including my friend's work sometimes