1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Bad Habits

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    I procrastinate a lot. Like, a looooooooot. More than anyone ever should.
    Other than that, I put random objects in my mouth sometimes. Things like a pencil/pen, a piece of string, random plastic objects, and etc... I'm not why I do this, but it he- right as I was typing this, I unconsciously put my headphone cord in my mouth. Anyway, I feel like it helps me focus somehow, or stay sane, because I really can't sit still otherwise.

This isn't really a habit, but more of a choice (a life-style, if you will), but I always go to sleep at 4, 5, or 6 AM nowadays, unless I absolutely need to wake up early or am exhausted from the day I had. It's been that way for about... probably over a year now.
    I realize that it's better to go to sleep early instead of staying up all night on the computer/phone, but... I don't really have a reason to stop doing it yet, so I guess I'll continue doing so.

Similar to others, but not exactly the same, I pick at my nails (not bite). I find nail biting to be kinda disgusting, actually. But I pick at them so that they don't get too long, because long nails are something I don't enjoy having.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Biting my fingers. Terribly odd habit that I REALLY need to stop. I'll mostly do it when I'm concentrating super hard on something. Not good...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Procrastinating is surely a bad habit, but I had another less common (I guess...)
    I kept removing little bits a skin next to my nails despite knowing how bad it was.
    Also weird fact, I ate them. They taste good – I guess that's why I did this for so long. I like the taste of my own skin wtf XD
    I managed to stop doing it to my nails but unfortunately my lower lip is still suffering of it :/

4. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    e v e r y t h i n g

procrastination, i'm a bit of a sore loser...a lot of stuff, really.

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    when im super concentrated i bite my hair. i dont chew on it or anything, just bite it and keep it in my mouth. i can't tell you why. i also procrastinate really bad on everything, especially art hmm.

6. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I pick at stuff. I pick at my nails, so I don't usually cut them - though my nails aren't constantly short, which is a problem for piano. Often I'll try to stop picking them and let them grow out, but then something happens and I start picking at it just to even it out aaaand then I have no nail. I also pick at dried skin on my lips (they bleed so often that I've started biting my bottom and sometimes my top lips out of pure habit) and dried skin basically anywhere else. This usually happens when I'm doing something idle like reading.

Oh, and I sit funny. I like having my legs swung to either side of me, not in front. During lunch I like sitting on the outside of tables, and I prefer the isle seat for that reason. But I also cross my legs and jiggle my feet. Especially when sitting at the dinner table, this is annoying, because then I'm knocking my foot against a table leg and taking up someone else's leg room. But I like it >.>

7. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    I bite my nails, eat my finger skin, draw in my french book (cause french is boring AF)

8. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I sleep in all the time lol

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I trim my nails with my teeth instead of with clippers because using clippers is SO awkward and irritating to try and use. I don't bite them idly anymore, though.

My biggest bad habit, though, is always putting myself down (as I'm sure a number of you have noticed). It's something I lived with for a long time, so battling against it now is difficult at best, but I know who + - and Whose   I am now so I have hope that I can beat it.

10. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I could sing you a song about my bad habits
    I do not ever know what to do with my hands. Unless I have a crutch like a book, this manifests one of two ways.
    I have two options for sitting. One: perfectly, absolutely still, barely moving to breathe. Two: Still except for my hands, which, nine times out of ten, are picking at my cuticles.
    It's a habit I should really stop, but I just can't. If there's skin out of place, it bugs me until I 'even it out' (remove it). If I'm bored, feel out of place or awkward, or just because, I'll start doing it again. My nails look like Ant-Man's taken a very small band saw to them.
    If I'm standing, my right arm hangs at my side while my left hand touches my right elbow behind my back and usually starts rubbing at the skin there, which, coupled with my insistence in T-shirts, makes the skin really irritated. If I can't do that, my hands automatically go in my pockets. If there's no pockets my hands literally just end up floating where my pockets usually are, no joke. It looks exactly as stupid as it sounds.
    #MissingNo

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I have a bad habit of leaving cups/drinks lying around the house >_> Only to find them a few hours later and realize the drinks are now warm and gross with a puddle of condensation around them.

12. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I have an unhealthy tendency to nibble on the tips of my fingers. I really need to stop doing that.

13. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I'm almost always constantly biting my nails.

14. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I get distracted easy and not pay attention, when someone is conversing with me...
    I bite my nails... still. at my age.
    I use aliases no one can understand but me.

15. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I used to bite my nails a ton, I rarely do now in like extreme extreme cases.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I bite my nails and the skin around them a lot. Have since I was about 6-7.
    I have a serious issue with both procrastination and laziness.
    I also have a bad habit of not brushing my teeth regularly. In fact there were some times I'd go over a week without brushing them if I wasn't leaving the house. This, along with my admittedly poor diet is why my teeth arn't in the best of shape... Trying to fix this though, and I've been making sure to brush both day and night.

17. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    procrastinator being my biggest one

constantly thinking the worst outcome of a situation is another, but that's anxiety for you