1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Smash Banjo and Kazooie, New Smash Bros. Fighters

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gazi, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    At E3 it was revealed that Banjo and Kazooie would be joining the ranks of Smash fighters. How do you guys feel about this? Excited? Neutral? Wondering who these guys are?
    I personally am ecstatic. Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Twooie are some of my favorite games, and I think it'll be awesome to play as Banjo and Kazooie in Smash.

2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    You did it guys. The summoning circles worked. You brought them all home. Banjo, Kazooie, and even Grant Kirkhope. You mad lads. :D

At this point, the last two DLC fighters will be completely welcome surprises. Now that Banjo-Kazooie are in the game, asking for anything else would likely be seen as selfish. As for all the fans out there who kept asking, I'm excited for you all.

Perhaps before the release I'll find a way to play the Banjo-Kazooie games for myself to see just how good they were. :sweat:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,613.7
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I'm neutral, but I love seeing all the people happy about it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I’m neutral about Banjo. I don’t really care for him. It’s not like I dislike him or anything. I just don’t have any emotional connection to him. Like, Mario is what I grew up with. I’ve never even touched a banjo game so why should I be wanting him for smash? I’m glad he’s in since so many people wanted him and he is a gaming icon but I just didn’t really care for him. At least he adds more to the roster than generic anime sword fighter number 68

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Like Gwoomy and Dedede, I'm neutral toward it, and while I have had to endure the countless hours of salt poured out by B&K fans raging for the duo to get in (and thus have a more negative view of them - though not of the pair itself) for what seems like decades, I am truly happy for them. Even moreso, actually, for The Hero, as while I have had as much experience with DQ as I've had with B&K (ergo, none) my view has not been tarnished by the fans.

And, to be fair, I'm more of a fan of RPGs than platformers anyway.

Lots of kudos to Grant, though; guy is an incredible composer, no matter what game it is, and the fact that Sakurai was able to get him on board to remix his own themes is really cool. ^_^

6. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,370.4
    The joy I felt during the Banjo-Kazooie reveal was not a personal joy, rather one for the many people I knew who wanted him in Smash. I have never played the game, but I still felt the childish glee that emanated off of the people who really wanted them in. I am happy for them, and at little loss to me. (The only character I would freak out over these days is Dixie Kong, and that's probably not going to happen in the near future. I got K. Rool, and that's enough to satisfy me for years.)

7. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Saying that I'm excited would be an understatement tbh. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie made up a good portion of my childhood, and to this day are still my favorite games. As such, Banjo and Kazooie in smash is an over decade long dream that, after Smash 4 dlc came out, i gave up on. As soon as i saw that jiggy go across dk's home... well, i had to contain myself because i was at work, but my hype escalated beyond the stars. I wanted to react to it like those youtubers who like to react to things in an exaggerated way.

So yeah, I'm most definitely looking forward to banjo & kazooie, who i will definitely main when they come out in fall

8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Banjo and Kazooie are cool characters. I've never played their games, but I know a lot of people love them, so I'm happy for them. I also love how they redid the K. Rool reveal trailer, since that is my favorite reveal trailer of all time due to how hilarious it was. I am not super excited, just neutral-leaning-towards-happy, but I am looking forward to seeing them in action.

Personally, I was hoping for Porky, since he's an important character in the Mother series who I actually know we'll, yet doesn't have a spirit. I'm calling him for the fifth DLC fighter.

9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Though I haven’t played the game Banjo Kazooie is from, I know a bunch of people were begging they’d get into Smash. So yay for those people! I still think it’s cool that they’ll put fan requested characters in the game from time to time, like K Rool.

10. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,900.9
    I have fond memories of playing the first Banjo Kazooie as a kid (I never played Tooie) and I was really hoping that they would come to Smash even if it seemed almost impossible until recently. I was ecstatic when watching the trailer and could not be happier about this.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,236.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I myself have no idea who Banjo-Kazooie is, but all I know is that he's definitely a character that a lot of people were hoping for and waiting for for ages. I'm very glad so many people are overjoyed by his addition! I think he fits in well with the rest of the cast, too.

12. seaturtle

seaturtle Bug Catcher

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    I've never played Banjo Kazooie, but I'm super hyped for the Smash community! With Ridley and K. Rool, Banjo Kazooie was one of the most requested characters, and it's great to see Sakurai and the Smash devs listening to that.