1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 4 Battle animations

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Moderator

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽466.9
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽102.8
    I don't know why that was so hard to watch. It just took so long for it to faint, and I will admit I have had that happen before. Ouch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haunted Ditto

Haunted Ditto Bird Keeper

Treecko
    (Treecko)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽238.6
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Blissey has a ton of HP so it makes sense that it takes so long, but yeah sometimes it is really annoying. Blissey is not the only one. In DPP it takes Always Pretty long. Even if the mon is really fragile, it has enough HP to keep the game busy for 3 seconds (when it is Level 100).

4. Hraesvelgr

Naska
    (Totodile)
    Level 63
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,647.6
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The Gen 4 games were overall slower than most iirc, DPPt where very painful at times and the battle animations where not always the worse, surfing was extremely slow in DP, I don't remember if they fixed that in Pt.

5. ChocoChicken

ChocoChicken A Screaming Chicken

E G G 2.3
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽61.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I do not know that pain, and I am thankful for that.

6. Haunted Ditto

Haunted Ditto Bird Keeper

Treecko
    (Treecko)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽238.6
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Oh yeah, surfing was really slow. When I played BW (which was my second Pokémon game), I was like: "WOW! Surfing is freaking fast in this game!"

7. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

Ora ora ora ora ora ora
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,166.2
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    This is gold omg.

Sheep likes this.
  8. ShinigamiMiroku

...Jirachi?
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽944.5
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah, I remember that. I think it had something to do with how, on high-HP Pokémon, they couldn't make the HP counter go down quickly because they used the number as the base, rather than the bar itself. Why? I'll never know.

9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon Black Belt

Raspberry
    (Drilbur)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.4
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Meanwhile in XY, the HP bar speeds down so fast and it always tricks you when it seems like it faints but it barely lives

Sheep likes this.
  10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Master of Breaking Things

Valorbug
    (Vivillon (Valor))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽141.4
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Every time I see that video, I expect it to survive on 1HP and use Softboiled. That was my pain with one of the characters in the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

11. Sheep

Sheep Moderator

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽466.9
    hahaha, very true too!

and yeah, gen IV was difficult for me to go through because of these animations. those scars are part of why i always tend to keep battle animations off nowadays.