1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 4 Battle animations

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I don't know why that was so hard to watch. It just took so long for it to faint, and I will admit I have had that happen before. Ouch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Blissey has a ton of HP so it makes sense that it takes so long, but yeah sometimes it is really annoying. Blissey is not the only one. In DPP it takes Always Pretty long. Even if the mon is really fragile, it has enough HP to keep the game busy for 3 seconds (when it is Level 100).

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,008.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The Gen 4 games were overall slower than most iirc, DPPt where very painful at times and the battle animations where not always the worse, surfing was extremely slow in DP, I don't remember if they fixed that in Pt.

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I do not know that pain, and I am thankful for that.

6. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Oh yeah, surfing was really slow. When I played BW (which was my second Pokémon game), I was like: "WOW! Surfing is freaking fast in this game!"

7. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    This is gold omg.

Sheep likes this.
  8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah, I remember that. I think it had something to do with how, on high-HP Pokémon, they couldn't make the HP counter go down quickly because they used the number as the base, rather than the bar itself. Why? I'll never know.

9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Meanwhile in XY, the HP bar speeds down so fast and it always tricks you when it seems like it faints but it barely lives

Sheep likes this.
  10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Every time I see that video, I expect it to survive on 1HP and use Softboiled. That was my pain with one of the characters in the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

11. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    hahaha, very true too!

and yeah, gen IV was difficult for me to go through because of these animations. those scars are part of why i always tend to keep battle animations off nowadays.