1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Battle of the Legendaries Tournament

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by JET2295TSF, May 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JET2295TSF

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.4
    Battle of the Legendary Tournament
    Where did the idea come from?
    This tournament idea came from another Pokeforum website that I used to belong to. The tournament fell through because of how unpopular it was amongst the populace of that website. Lake Valor seems like a better fit for this because of how great the community is and how large it has become.
    Description
    Participating trainers will select ONE legendary Pokémon from a list provided below. That legendary Pokémon becomes their guardian for the duration of the tournament. Your main objective is to defeat the opposing trainer while keeping your guardian of choice alive. If your guardian faints, then you automatically lose the battle. Build your teams accordingly and do the best you can!
    Rules (These are still pending and can change before the tournament starts)
    1. Each trainer must select a legendary Pokémon provided from the Legendary Pokémon List below.
    2. As stated in the description, if your Legendary Pokémon of choice faints, you must automatically forfeit the match.
    3. All battles are best 2 out of 3. This is to minimize the hax gods influences.
    4. All battles on 3ds and Pokémon Showdown must be recorded (3ds uses the V.S. Recorder and Showdown uses the replay function). This is meant to show proof of the winner. ALL MATCHES MUST BE RECORDED.
    a. Pokémon Sun/Moon is the game of choice for 3ds battles.
    5. Legendary duos/trios/tapus/ubs are allowed alongside your legendary of choice.
    6. Standard clauses of OU apply (Clauses are here as follows http://www.smogon.com/xy/articles/clauses, Baton Pass Clause
    )
    7. Disconnecting from your opponent will result in a game loss if done deliberately.
    a. If Disconnections happen, please do your best to get the game to the point where it was before the disconnection happen and continue from there.
    i. Disconnects will be handled by a jury of trainers.
    8. This tournament will be a point system tournament (meaning it will go on all Summer). This will determine what place you are in.
    a. The point system is as follows:
    i. Each trainer will start off at 2000 points
    1. To gain points, you must battle (obviously)
    a. Shutting out your opponent (meaning you win 2 games in a row) will result in 500 points.
    b. If you win the match but the games end up going to 3, the winner of the match receives 250 points.
    2. Losing points:
    a. If you are shut out, you will lose 250 points.
    b. If you win one game but lose the other two, you will only lose 125 points.
    9. Banned items are as follows:
    a. Gengarite
    b. Kangaskhanite
    c. Lucarionite
    d. Salamencite
    10. You are allowed to make THREE different teams for each match.
    a. Your legendary of choice still has to remain the same.
    11. Mega-Rayquaza is banned from the tournament.
    12. Remember to have fun.
    13. All Pokémon must be legal and no unreleased items are allowed.
    Dates on start of the tournament will be set when enough trainers participate and an end of the tournament will be determined amongst the trainers. This will go on all Summer.
    Legendary Pokémon to Choose From:

· Mewtwo (Mega evolutions are allowed but you must choose one or the other for the duration of the tournament)
    · Ho-oh
    · Lugia
    · Kyogre (Blue Orb is allowed)
    · Groudon (Red Orb is allowed)
    · Rayquaza (You cannot mega evolve Rayquaza throughout this tournament)
    · Deoxys (All forms are counted as separate Pokémon just like Mewtwo. You must choose one form to use throughout the tournament)
    · Dialga
    · Palkia
    · Giratina (You must choose one forme to use throughout the tournament)
    · Darkrai
    · Shaymin-Sky
    · Arceus (You are allowed to change Arceus's type throughout the tournament between your teams but after you start battling with a specific team, Arceus cannot change its type )
    · Reshiram
    · Zekrom
    · Kyurem (Both formes are separate so you must choose one to use)
    · Genesect
    · Xerneas
    · Yveltal
    · Zygarde
    · Solgaleo
    · Lunala
    · Necrozma
    Entry Gifts and Prizes
    All trainers who enter will receive a megastone of their choice (as long as it has been released).
    1st Place
    Winner receives a 5iv-6iv legendary of their choice along with a held item of their choice.
    2nd Place
    Winner will receive a 5iv-6iv legendary of their choice.
    3rd Place
    Winner will receive a held item of their choice.

How to Enter:
    Just fill out this form here and send it to me on Lake Valor.
    Username on LV:
    Username on Showdown:
    3ds Friend Code and Trainer Name:
    Legendary Pokémon of Choice:

Trainers that have entered
    1) TheIllusionFox
    Username on LV: TheIllusionFox
    Username on Showdown: IllusionFox
    3ds Friend Code and Trainer Name: N/A
    Legendary Pokémon of Choice: Dialga
    2) JET2295TSF (PokeJET on Discord)
    Username on LV: JET2295TSF