1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Battle Spot Season 2 Team

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by JET2295TSF, Jan 30, 2017.

1. JET2295TSF

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.4
    So recently Pokémon Global Link started a new season for Battle Spot on Pokebanks release. This team is meant to apply pressure and to set up sweeping opportunities.

[​IMG]

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Rock Tomb
    - Ice Punch
    - Superpower

Tyranitar is usually what I lead with against certain teams. Against other weather, I usually have him in the back. He also punishes players who tend to switch a lot because of rock tomb or pursuit. He also breaks shadow shield and multi scale which can hinder my sweeping capabilities.

[​IMG]

Excadrill @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Rush
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance

This set compliments Tyranitar very well. This can sweep late game if it isn't prepared for. There isn't really much to say about it. Mostly self explanatory.

[​IMG]

Salamence @ Salamencite
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Roost

Mega Salamence is way too good not to run. Especially with there being only a few mega stones released. The point is to come in on a physical attacker mega evolve then dragon dance and sweep. This can weaken or kill teams off for excadrill or Xerneas (who is up next). You do have to watch out for HP Ice users though. Other than that, this Pokémon compliments the Tyranitar-Excadrill core very well.

[​IMG]

Xerneas @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
    Mild Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Aromatherapy
    - Thunder
    - Close Combat

Xerneas was my legend of choice for this season. It is able to take hits from most of the other legends (except solgalelo) which happens to be outclassed by Lunala. Close Combat is for steel types that come in thinking I'm clicking moonblast. Moonblast is your main STAB attack. Thunder is used if I ever face rain teams. And aromatherapy is there to heal status for its teammates. This set can do a lot of damage because I found Geomancy to set me back a turn and I want to just all out attack. I might try Geomancy again but for now I like this set.

[​IMG]

Greninja @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hydro Pump
    - Gunk Shot

If I don't lead Tyranitar Greninja tends to be my lead of choice. Focus sash allows me to be guaranteed to live first turn and get off enough damage. Every move grants me a STAB bonus thanks to protean. This makes Greninja very versatile. i find protean greninja better for this team because Gunk Shot is such an amazing move against common switch ins. This was way too good not to run as well. This also murders a lot of Pokémon that like to lead against Tyranitar as well.

[​IMG]

Serperior @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Contrary
    EVs: 116 HP / 220 Def / 172 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Reflect
    - Synthesis
    - Leaf Storm
    - Glare

Serperior is used as a support Pokémon for this team. Reflect allows it the team to take physical hits better. Synthesis allows Serperior to recover without the use of leech seed. Leaf Storm is mandatory because of contrary. Glare is meant to paralyze Pokémon for any of its offensive teammates. Rocky Helmet punishes physical attackers.

I haven't done a rate my team in a long time. What do you guys think of the team? I'm open to suggestions.