1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Battle Tree Renovations?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by JadeFox, Jun 7, 2017.

1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    [​IMG]

The Battle Tree was a great feature to SM, bringing familiar trainers to Alola, like Red and Blue, Cynthia, Wally, and many more. With the announcement of Ultra Sun and Moon, is it possible to have more features to appear? Or will it be the same as in SM? Or will the Battle Tree be revamped entirely, replaced with another facility?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I would prefer another kind of building, for me, I am not much of a battler so I would rather an outdoor contest hall but if it had to be battles, I think something like the Black Tower would be neat to see again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JadeFox likes this.
  3. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Ohh, I haven't got to that part yet but it sounds great to get some previous series references in the game, I'm always happy to see more of that. Otherwise I'm not very big on the competitive battling thing though so if its just pure battles where everything blurs together I'm probably not too interested.

4. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I would prefer it not be replaced, but if it didn't focus so much on the "meta." I just want a fun post-game, not one with IVs and perfect breeding. I'm really hoping UltraS/M gives us a relaxing fun postgame this time around.

Also if they do keep the Tree, please put more characters in there. I don't want only fan favorites.

if youve know me for 5 seconds you know who i want in this game lmao

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    @WolfeyStar, we all know who you want.

But yeah, I want a more casual thing to do in the aftergame. I like the Battle frontier a lot better.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I'd like to see the Battle Tree become part of something like the Battle Frontier, where we have several different facilities, each with there own fun gimmick. Although giving Alola an actual Battle Frontier when they've only just gotten their Pokémon League wouldn't really make sense plot-wise.

7. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'd like to see more of a casual post game anyway, so then the non competitive players have something to do. Yeah, a Battle Frontier in Alola would definitely be nice, but some story material would be appreciated by a lot of people. Even though I'm kind of a competitive person myself, I want to see something fun come out in the post game.

8. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    If it's a different dimension I can see it having a battle frontier, remember alola is like like a parallel to kanto. Well that's how I see it. @_@

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    While I do like the Battle Tree and all, I would like to see something else for once than just another regular battle facility. A new frontier would be really nice since they added twists to battles even if some of those twists annoyed the eff out of me I would like to see another frontier.

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    A Hawaiian style Battle Frontier would be amazing. Maybe they could incorporate a volcano with it like with Stark Mountain in gen4's battle resort islands.

11. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I would give just about anything to have another battle frontier. The frontiers in the gen IV games just weren't as good as in Emerald and we haven't had much like that since.

They were forming a Pokémon league in the Alola region though. What if it's something like in the third gen where you leave Jhoto and return to Kanto, except instead they actually do start up a league with gym leaders and you can take on the classical league challenge again?

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I would be so happy if they just leave the Battle tree where it is and make a battle frontier. Much more fun and less of a hassle in the long run.

13. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Umm yeahhh I'd rather have a battle frontier style post-game facility. I'm so so sick of the "Battle Tower" thing they've got going on for the last three games (and two generations) some variety would be nice... pls gamefreak

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    They could probably build different frontier facilities in different "branches" of the tree. That would be cool. I miss that one facility where you'd have to battle with random Pokémon. That one was my favorite.

15. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I want the Battle Tree to be kept or modified! The one thing I'm hoping that is done is the addition of other characters, not just a few. I want to see Lance and Silver most of all! Also maybe new facilities like the Battle Hall and Battle Factory from the Battle Frontier would be nice; it would help spice up competitive battles.

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  16. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Oh my god Silver and Lance. That would be amazing and make a lot of sense, since Wally and Red/Blue were in the Tree originally. This is clearly not because Silver is my favorite rival nope that's not the reason

I really want to see the player characters in the Tree. Red was a nice touch, but I want to battle against Kotone or Nate or someone like that. But mostly, I want the 'bosses' of the Tree to be the player character from the original Sun/Moon games. I want the Tree to be easier because OH MY GOD IT'S A NIGHTMARE
    #MissingNo

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ likes this.
  17. Almiraj

Almiraj Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    What was great about it? It was just a watered down Battle Maison. I also don't get why people swoon over classic characters appearing in the game, it doesn't add to the gameplay.

I'd really like to see more features. I'd like them to bring back doubles, triples, Factory battles and type master for starters. But really I'd just love for them to bring back the Battle Frontier, and give us entirely unique styles of gameplay.

I beg to differ. I think, while the quantity of the facilities wasn't as good, the quality was better, and I definitely liked the Battle Hall, Battle Arcade and Battle Castle/Mansion (Forgot what it was called) more than the Battle Pike, Pyramid or Palace.

#17 Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  18. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    The battle pike was probably my favorite. It sort of reminded me of a dungeon crawler. I really wish they'd bring that one back.

19. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    I really would like a more Battle Frontier-esque selection of modes
    And more characters
    And of course, their respective battle themes (BW2 managed to pack them all, so they can do it again)(it'll be a lot of remixing work but still)