1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Beacon Academy, Year of Valor [RWBY Open RP]

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Welcome to Beacon Academy, where you will train to become great Hunters and Huntresses
    Hey guys! If you've clicked this, it's because you're either interested in RWBY, looking for an RP, or both! Basically, this will be an open RP (meaning more than two people are involved) based on the animated series RWBY, made by Rooster Teeth. Pretty simple, right? If you want to join and you don't know what RWBY is, I wouldn't suggest it, but you can always watched a few episodes online and you'll get the gist of what this show is about (The first volume's episodes aren't very long, usually 5-6 minutes and there's about 14 of them) or you could ask someone who does know what RWBY is to give you a synopsis.

For those interested in joining, you can apply your registration form for Beacon Academy here. In this RP, we'll only need student characters, as the teachers and villains we fight will either be non-specific ("the teacher" said this, blahblahblah) or taken directly from the show.

All Lake Valor forum and roleplay rules apply, but this RP will work a bit differently to some of the ones I've seen on here. After we've had enough entrants, I'll randomise all the names to make pairings, then 4-person teams, to which the team names and leaders you can decide among yourselves. After that I'll post a scenario, for example "Your team is sent on a training assignment to defeat low-level Grimm", to which all the participants will have 1-2 weeks to write at least 8 sentences of response. Discussion with your team members (or in some cases, your opponent) can be made within a PM so your stories align, but please make sure you only control your character, and the enemy it's fighting (or in case of a fight against another roleplayer, just your character).

I hope this explanation is adequate, and I hope to see your applications all roll in soon!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    SCENE 1 - THE AIRSHIP
    The newest batch of freshmen for Beacon Academy are arriving via airships today. Some are nervous, some are excited. You are surrounded by friends you don't know yet, so start talking to someone!
    Scene length - 5-6 weeks (This gives people enough time to get acquainted, and it'll take up the time-frame where I'm away, so there's no need to rush!)
    ~​

Shiro sat on the airship, trying to see if he recognised anyone, anyone at all. Everyone here was his age, so surely he knew someone. Alas, none of the faces connected to the ones he knew, and he didn't have many friends his own age to begin with anyway. Disappointed in himself, he slumped against the wall, fixed his glasses and whipped out his scroll, fiddling with it until he found the app he wanted. It was this cute little cat simulator, where you put food out and stray cats visit your house. Weird, I know, but Shiro had been addicted to the game since he first got it, and he was only missing one cat to complete the set.

"OK, let's see who's visited today... Gotta refill the food... Ah gosh darnit I missed him again. Guess I'll have to wait until he comes back..."

Sighing again, he put his scroll away and took another look around. Everyone around him was chatting it up, and they all looked pretty confident. He wished he was that confident. Suddenly, two girls approached him. Positive that he could make them his friends, he smiled and waved.

"Hi there. My name's Shiro. Shiro Hidashi. What about you two?"

The girls didn't reply to his question, giving each other side glances. Then, one of them spoke up.

"Nice clothes."

"M-My clothes? Thanks, I sewed them together my-"

"Sewed? As in, with cloth?" the other one asked. Shiro nodded, beginning to see where this was going. The two girls exchanged glances, before smirking.

"We assumed you had just modded your armour to look like clothes, not have actual clothes! What kind of Hunter are you trying to be?" the first one sniggered.

"How'd you even get into this school? And why do you sow your own clothes? Doesn't your mother do that for you?" the second one chuckled. At the mention of his mother, Shiro went silent. The girls just continued to laugh, leaving him to sit there. He pulled his floppy red beanie over his eyes, so nobody could see the tears forming in his eyes. His face was as red as a tomato as well.

"I knew I never should have come to this school. I thought, with there being highly skilled people my age, I'd make friends. I guess I got my hopes up too high..." he thought to himself, hoping nobody came over to him.

3. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    (I apologize for the attempt at worldbuilding your rp Aura, I just wanted to do something to introduce some NPCs and kind of introduce my character's traits.)

Azul could hear a few conversations coming from around the ship. He heard a few people comparing their weapons (he swore that some of the guys were compensating for their lack of... personality). There were some people who clearly knew each other and planned to make it into the same team when they made it to Beacon. There was a duo of girls who were teasing a boy who looked suspiciously like a Schnee, but Azul could just tell that the boy wasn't. He wanted to resist helping out the boy, just in case the girls started throwing insults his way. If they were looking for "fake hunters", his staff would give him away easily as a support hunter rather than an attacker.

He didn't recognize anyone on the craft, the only person he'd ever heard of transferring to Beacon from anywhere in Vacuo was Sun Wukong and his team, and that had been a whole team. Plus, Sun Wukong wasn't really welcome due to some of his tendencies to bend the rules. People from Atlas were common, people from Mistral were untrusted after... that incident. Vacuo was just that one continent everyone forgets about. Most people left him alone, except for two hunters who looked like they may have been a couple noticed him.

"Hey, you not from Vale are you." The girl tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention. Azul hadn't actually been prepared for anyone to actually talk to him. "And I assume since we didn't see you on the way over from Atlas, you would be from Vacuo, right?"

Azul nodded at the girl, she seemed to be some mix of excited and nervous. "I am, and I think I already know, but why wouldn't you assume Mistral."

The guy spoke up, a bit irritated at the question. "Because none of those traitors would ever show their faces in the school that one of their own screwed over so royally." There was anger in his voice.

"Hey, leave the kid alone, he just asked a question." The guy just stormed off, clearly Azul's question had struck a nerve. "Well, I should go after him. Seeya 'Highlights'." Azul was about to say his name wasn't highlights, but he guessed his defining feature was the blue highlights streaked through his brown hair, and they hadn't shared names, so that was the best name he could've been given.

"God damn it, why do I have to be so inclined to helping people." Now that the couple was gone, Azul was pulled towards the white haired boy who was still getting abused by those two girls. He walked over and was about to speak, but didn't for fear of offending the two girls. After having accidentally pissing off the Atlas guy, the last thing his stupid "please everyone" complex could handle was pissing people off on purpose, so he just stood their awkwardly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Pixel likes this.
  4. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    John sat quietly in his seat. Not many people noticed him, and the ones that did were rather perplexed. "What do you think he's thinking about?" "I dunno, snake stuff?" "The fuck does that mean Terry?" Other people simply gave him a passing glance. John cared little. Mostly because John had managed to master the art of napping with his eyes open.

A heavy bit of turbulence shook him awake. "What th- Oh right." He did as he normally does. Surveying the crowd. Not for any real good reason other than to pass the time. For some reason a conversation directly ahead of him grabbed his attention. Seems two girls have decided to mess with one of the other kids. Normally this wouldn't interest him, but something they said bothered him.

"Excuse me" He said to them.
    "Yeah what do you want creep?" Hissed one of the girls
    "If you're gonna judge someone's ability as a hunter do it by their skills and decisions. A good hunter can fight in any garb they choose. Don't judge a man just because they're not dressed like a peacock."

"Hey screw you man!" Said a peacock faunus in the back

"Furthermore while we're on the subject of the quality of ones abilities" he continued "I wouldn't criticize other if I were you. You'll end up being labeled a hypocrite. Wouldn't that be a shame." He said without a flicker of emotion. "What's that supposed to mean asshole?" Said the second girl. "It means you two look like sticks. While it's nice and all to stay healthy, you'll need some sort of mass while out there. I'd be surprised if you two had any muscles at all."

"Excuse me! I don't even know y-" The second girl stopped dead in her tracks. She was currently on the receiving end of a very dead stare. "Come on Violet. Let's get away from these losers." They both stormed off further into the back with their clique

John's looks over at Shiro. "This seat taken?"

(Sorry if that seems a little bad. I'll get better at doing this as we go along. Also my apologize if I make any factual errors involving the lore/world)

Pixel likes this.
  5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro looked up from under his beanie and noticed that the two girls had left and two boys had taken their place. One, with brown hair and blue highlights, stood there awkwardly while the other, a snake Faunis, seemed to have asked him a question, which he had missed. He removed the beanie from his face, not daring to take it off completely, and took of his glasses to wipe the tears from his eyes. Putting his glasses back on, he took a moment to collect himself, before smiling politely.

"Would either of you like a seat?" he asked, referencing the two empty spaces beside him. "Oh, but where are my manners? My name is Shiro, Shiro Hidashi. Pleased to meet you."

6. BiohazardSr

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    John sits down next to him. "My name is John Green, but you can call me John." He began to spread his focus out. Some towards Shino, a little towards the awkward looking fellow, and the rest scanning the rest of the cabin. "You know crying doesn't make the people messing with you go away" he said aloud. "It seems though you're not exactly in a familiar territory, so I'll give you some sympathy. Word of advice though, not many people here take too kindly to outsiders. My opinion is to keep to yourself, and only deal with them when appropriate. At least for the first year." John got a bit more comfortable in his seat once he finished his little speech. He continued to listen to the crowds.

Pixel likes this.
  7. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    ([member='Tonochi'] You better show up soon in the rp. As far as I'm aware, Aura is new to hosting a large scale rp and having a greenie join only to leave or never even start posting, especially with something so structured as a RWBY rp, I don't want him to go through that like I did in my first rp.)
    (also, faux means fake in French, it's an expression I use a lot when trying to refer to things by appearance but aren't, although given Shino has introduced himself, it shouldn't come up again.)

Out of almost nowhere, a Faunus, Azul assumed him to be a snake, showed up and quickly settled the fight. Well, not fight, more like... Azul couldn't think of the word. It had been making him feel uncomfortable, and he was glad it was over. He almost spoke up to say sorry to the two girls, but something about the people watching him stopped that from happening, plus then he would have these two guys now who would possibly be affected.

Azul only noticed now the remnants of tears on the faux Schnee boy's face. He would've offered something had the boy not already wiped his face off with his hands. He offered him and the boy who had helped out a chair and introduced himself as Shiro. He was about to introduce himself when the other guy, John Green, spoke up. He had some extremely uninviting speech about how outsiders weren't really welcome, something that Azul thought was... mostly, overdramatic. Considering John was a faunus though (who Azul noted had accidentally pissed of another faunus), he might have different feelings on the matter.

"Shino, right? My name is Azul Shijo. Honestly, I feel for you, if those girls had seen my quote unquote weapon, I probably would've been in the same position." As if to illustrate a point, he pulled a small metal bar with a bizzare metal pattern attached to the front. He set it on the ground so no one other than Shino or John could see and he hit a button on the side, little bits that were folded into the small metal piece expanded into a staff. "I'm a support hunter, I'm like the food that girls like that feed off, so I know your pain." He folded the 'weapon' back up and put it away.

Pixel likes this.
  8. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "You think that's what they'd feed off?" Shiro laughed half-heartedly, removing his beanie. This let the thing he had been hiding under it fall out; a large ponytail that reached all the way down to just above his hip. The whole ship seemed to go silent, before someone burst out laughing.

"That guys looks like a girl!" they called out. Soon the whole ship was laughing and pointing.

"Look at his hair!"

"He looks just like Weiss Schnee!"

"Man, who is this kid? He's the ultimate joke!"

But the jokes stopped suddenly when a freezing wind blew through the ship, causing everyone to freeze solid except for Shiro, Azul and John. Shiro stood there, gripping his sword like his life depended on it. His eyes seemed to glow with anger, but they returned to normal as if something snapped him back to normal. He dropped his sword, letting it clatter on the ground, before fleeing to who-knows-where. As soon as he was out of sight, everyone who was frozen returned to normal, dazed and confusrd as to what had happened.

9. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    (lol I didn't notice the whole thing about the beanie)

Azul watched as Shiro's anger grew an grew till the ship, except for him and John, was a giant icicle. Azul's suspicions of Shiro looking like a Schnee, but whatever gods he'd pissed off to look exactly like the Ice Queen herself. He ran after Shiro and started talking to him, trying to cheer him up.

Azul whispered so as to not draw too much more attention to the situation. "I saw some of the hair sticking out of your beanie from back there, I just didn't know you kept it in a ponytail underneath there. I could tell you were probably trying to hide your hair from over the other side of the plane, first sign that tipped me off you definitely are not a Schnee Shiro. Plus, those guys don't seem like the type who would name their kids in alliteration, I dunno why, but..." Azul dropped the subject just in case Shiro was more uncomfortable about it.

"So, we have a faunus, a support hunter and Shiro, who looks like a Schnee thanks to a series of unfortunate events. Anyone else wanna join our group of people who will easily be made fun of." Azul realised he was probably making everyone's thoughts about the groups worse already and shut up.

Pixel likes this.
  10. BiohazardSr

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    John was taken aback from the defining silence. He looked down at Shiro and then at the rest of the cabin. "Well shit" he thought to himself. Shiro suddenly ran off and was soon followed by Azul. "That'll end well, he thought to himself." Suddenly he noticed that he left his sword on the ground, so he quickly grabbed it to prevent someone from taking it. He contemplated getting up to follow them as well and hand back the sword, but the sudden cold air made him feel really sleepy. He popped his hoodie up and tightened it to stay warm. After a short while he went over towards them to check what was happening.

Pixel likes this.
  11. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    (I'm so sorry! I was busy all day yesterday and didn't have time to get on. Since i'm frozen at the moment i'll just wait till everyone is unfrozen to join back in, unless if there is some other way to join in currently?)

12. BiohazardSr

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    (@[member="tonochi"] everyone's already unfrozen. They were unfrozen as soon as Shiro stormed off. Although don't start there. Start where we started, and then just kinda keep typing until you're caught up)

13. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    (again, i'm sorry i'm so late. I've just been really busy this week. I'll be getting on more now that i'm done with this huge project.
    I didn't know how many things I should reference that you guys were talking about, so I just put what I thought were the main points. I'm still kinda new to this though, so hopefully this is ok.)

Paluna looked around the airship to see if she knew anyone. And unsurprisingly, she did not. She found a row of empty seats and sat down. On her way to her seat, she saw a couple of humans fighting with some faunis and decided not to get involved. When Paluna got into her seat, she opened up her scroll. Thinking no one would talk to her, she put on her headphones and started listening to music and playing some game with anime people. It was a horrible game, but Paluna was for some reason addicted to it and had put hundreds of dollars into it. She was almost ashamed of it. Paluna thought about all of the friends she was going to make, yet, didn't really try to make any. She thought about all the fun times she was going to have at Beacon. Making food, having parties, going on missions... It was all so exciting to her. She was ready to start her new life at Beacon.

After about 5 minutes passed by a boy came up to her. "Is this seat taken?" he asked, pointing to the seat to the right of her.

Startled, Paluna answered, "Uh, oh, y-yeah! Go ahead."

Thinking that that was the end of their conversation, Paluna put her headphones back on, but left the right one off just in case he said something else.

About 30 seconds later, the boy said, "So, what's your name?" "Its Paluna. What's yours?",she responded. "Jack." he replied.

They both heard someone shout, "Hey screw you man!" and both chuckled a little considering how loud it was.

3 or so minutes passed of silence between them. Jack later left after he saw some of his other friends.

"Wow, did I just make my first friend? Well we didn't really have a conversation, just kinda small talk. But I guess any talk is better than no talk, right?" Paluna thought.

Then, Paluna heard someone say "This guy looks like a girl!"

She turned to see what was happening. She saw some people mocking this one kid that looked like Weiss Schnee. But, Paluna didn't really care, so she just kept listening to her music. Suddenly, the room became freezing cold and she couldn't move. Just as suddenly as she was frozen, Paluna was unfrozen. She looked around and everyone seemed to be just as confused as her. She looked for the Schnee look-alike, but couldn't find him anywhere. "I hope hes ok after whatever just happened..." she thought. She saw a boy with orangish hair following him and decided to go see what was going on.

Pixel likes this.
  14. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shrio sat against a wall in the far corner of a storeroom, huddled into himself. His knees were touching his chin, and his eyes were sunken and dark. On top of all this, forst had begun to creep up the walls and spread on the floor around Shiro. He noticed Azul, the boy with the highlights, and another person, a girl he didnt recognise, approach him. His heart fluttered with excitement for a millisecond, and the faintest of smiles appeared. But that too was gone in an instant.

"Just stay away from me..." Shiro mumbled, the area covered in frost slowly growing in size.

15. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Azul gave a slight chuckle at Shiro. "If you get to know me, I have... let's call it a complex. I can't stop trying to help people. You don't know how much it killed me inside to try and stop the fight you and those two girls were having earlier. So unfortunately for you, I'm not backing off till this gets sorted out, even if that means I'm trailing you till the group selections." He grinned a little at the boy.

He then noticed a purple haired girl had followed him in. He wasn't going to act like he had the situation handled, so he backed away for a moment and let the girl talk instead. Maybe she could say something that wasn't half retarded like him.

Pixel likes this.
  16. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    On her way to find where the Schnee look alike went, Paluna overheard some people still laughing at the situation, and some people seemed scared and shocked about what just happened to them. Paluna saw frost coming out of a store room and went to check it out.

In the room, he saw two boys, one with white hair and one with highlights. They both momentarily stared at her and she felt herself blush. Almost as quickly as the white haired boy looked at her, he looked away and said "Just stay away from me...". Frost started to grow around him and the room was suddenly very cold. Paluna tried to not be insensitive by crossing her arms, thinking it would make the boy mad.

The other boy momentarily backed away. "um..." Paluna started. "Is it alright if I come in and talk to you maybe...?" She asked. "I don't to yell or laugh at you, just talk." she added.

Pixel likes this.
  17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro looked up again. He could tell this girl meant no harm, just by seeing her whole approach to the situation. However he still felt uncomfortable, but he decided to risk it anyway. He nodded silently, and part of the frost next to him melted away, on both sides, giving area for Paluna and Azul to sit if they so wished.

18. BiohazardSr

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    John, seeing it isn't a horrible time to come in, decides to walk into the room. "I think you might need this for later." He hands over Shiro's sword, and remains standing in the room. "So how long do you intend to sit in here and cry?" he said firmly. "Because the way I see this you can sit here and let them know it's working, or you can get up and let it slide off of you." There was a bit of a harshness in his words, but he gave a slight look of genuine compassion. "As a faunis I know all too well what it's like to be made fun of, but I've learned in my life that through allies and fighting back it gets better. I found out the hard way crying only goes so far." His tone becomes a bit softer "So come on. Wipe away your tears and get up." He outstretches a hand.

(Man I just kinda realized I just cut off Tonochi. Sorry)

Pixel likes this.
  19. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Azul was taken aback by John's blatancy in the situation. It wasn't uncalled for, but he had literally cut off the purple haired girl from trying to help, barging into an unfamiliar situation and thinking he owned the place. However, there was truth to what John was saying in a way, Shiro at least needed to learn to not show he was being affected by their comments.

Azul took the opportunity to sit down and speak. "You say that like it's easy. Some people are certainly more predisposed to being affected by certain things than others." He didn't want to go any further with his comment, for fear that he might accidentally say something he might regret to the faunis.

Pixel likes this.
  20. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Paluna went over to sit down next to the boy. she was about to say something before another boy walked in and handed him his sword. He started talking about how he shouldn't let people bother him, which was close to what she was going to say, but the way he said it was more harsh. He was kinda surprised, considering he seemed to be a friend of his. The other boy then spoke up and tried to defend the boy. She was so taken aback by what he said that she fell silent. The other boy with the highlights sat down and tried to defend the schnee look alike.

"I can tell that you're both trying to help, and I think that's great." Paluna said. "I guess what i'm trying to say is..." she looked at the boy sitting next to her. "We don't want to see you get hurt like that again."

"We should all be happy here. No matter our appearance, race, or whatever." She stood up next to the boy reaching his hand out. "So lets go out there and show them that you don't care."

Pixel and Sachi-Shimazu like this.