1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Becca's Q&A Corner

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by SnowboundBecca, Aug 9, 2017.

1. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I plan on evolving him once he reaches level 36. Which, considering how I've been less active lately, may take a while. ^^;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I love your art! What did you do to get to your current level of skill?

Best generation of Pokémon?

What are you looking forward to most about Sword and Shield?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  3. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    1. Thanks! My drawing skills have improved through years of practice and using tons of references. If I have any advice for new artists, it's to always draw something at least once a day, even if it's a simple doodle, and don't be afraid to look up references for things you want to draw accurately.
    2. In my opinion, Gen 3 and 4 are the best ones so far. That may change in the near future however. ;)
    3. Just... England. I've visited England in the past, so playing Sword & Shield will be a huge nostalgia trip for me.

Wizard likes this.
  4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @SnowboundBecca Hi Becca! I have some questions for ya dood!

1) Do you use Discord by any chance?
    2) How has your summer been?
    3) Have you tried any new foods in the past 2 months? If so, what food(s)?

5. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Favorite season of the year?

Best legendary from Gen. 1?

Favorite holiday?

6. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Heya! It's been a while.
    1. I'm on Discord a lot of the time now actually. More so than on this site. ^^;
    2. Hot. Canada's summers are almost as bad as their winters, due to having no proper air conditioning.
    3. I've tried sushi with raw salmon on it. It was pretty good.

1. I prefer autumn. The cooler air and warm colors are nice.
    2. Mew has always been my favorite legendary from Gen 1. It's so adorable and mysterious~
    3. Christmas is my favorite holiday, as it's the one that gets celebrated the most in my household.

Vigilance likes this.
  7. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    How do you feel about the progression of Pokémon designs?

8. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    If you could change the colors in the color palette of a SINGLE Pokémon, who would it be, what colors, what colors are being replaced?

9. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    I'm kind of in the middle ground when it comes to most Pokémon designs and think "they're okay". Some of the newest ones are really nice, but there are some weird ones out there that just make shrug rather than get angry (And it takes me a lot to get angry).
    Oof, that's a tough one... In terms of their normal color palettes, after several years of being a Pokémon fan, I'm actually okay with all of them. It's just some of the shiny versions of their colors could do with a bit of a makeover (such as shiny Pikachu being one shade darker than normal; I'd rather have it a defined orange or something instead).

Rezna and Laserdragon14 like this.
  10. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Favorite DnD monster?

11. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Kobolds. Tricky little dragon-rat people. I freaking love them~

12. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Kehkehkeh excellent choice.

How about favorite "boss" of the campaign you are in now?

13. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    So far, we haven't really beaten any "bosses" so to speak aside from the Black Spider (who sadly wasn't all that interesting compared to The Adventure Zone's take on him). But in terms of interesting encounters, my party and I recently almost got robbed by pirates. Almost.

One of their thieves snuck into our rogue's cabin (big mistake), and chased after him to the deck of our ship. Our gnome artificier, tirelessly working on making explosives at the time, got fed up with all the ruckus (making explosives on a moving ship isn't easy) and went up to complain to the thief who was trying to escape. Then our bard (a sweet little mute fox girl, I might add) rolled a Nat 20 to tackle the thief to the ground and the artificier threatened the pirates on the other ship to leave before proceeding to blow the thief's brains out with her gun.

Thus, the pirates left without anymore trouble and the barbarian dumped the thief's body overboard. So, that happened. :sweat:

14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Do you like ducks?

15. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Funny you mention ducks when I'm currently planning a D&D game based around birds (and other animals, but mostly birds).

[​IMG]

So yeah, I do like ducks, among other birds. :D

ChocoChicken likes this.
  16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Ah, that sounds fun! What other birds are in your campaign?

17. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    I'm talking about a new campaign setting called Humblewood (available for preorder now; They've been advertising it all over different D&D YouTube videos, so you'll find it if you look). I was a kickstarter backer when it was first revealed, so I got the PDFs early.

Pretty much almost every single bird you can think of is in it and you can play as them. We got crows and ravens, chickens and geese, songbirds and pigeons, owls and eagles, you name it. There are also a number of other woodland animals in it as well (foxes, raccoons, hedgehogs, deer, and jerboas, among other animals that resemble these five in particular).

My campaign is still in the development stages, but I'm hoping to kick it off around September at the latest.

18. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Ahhhh I love that setting, backed it so quick on kickstarter. Do let me know how it goes, I have been thinking of starting one using that setting as well.

To keep it on topic: Favorite Fey being in DnD?

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  19. SnowboundBecca

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Either Blink Dogs or Pixies.

Blink dogs because they are good good boys that have the power to teleport. And pixies because if you so much as say something rude to them they will polymorph you into a bunny rabbit. One day, my druid will obtain the power to summon these creatures and wreak untold havoc upon my enemies... with fairies.

No one expects the fairies. *Insert evil laughter*

20. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @SnowboundBecca

Hello! I am curious so I bring questions!

- Do you use Discord or are you not a fan of chat platforms?
    - What are some other favorite sites that you browse?
    - Do you listen to music while browsing the internet?