1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Beginning vs. Ending

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Sep 30, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Sometimes sketches look better than finished pieces and vice versa. Do you prefer your sketches or do you prefer your finished pieces? Why or why not?

I prefer my sketches. They look better imo. Somehow I find them cuter with the messy lines. I feel like sketchiness gives art a lot of personality. If I add lineart or make it into lineless, I take away from that personality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,719.3
    Its hard for me to say, mostly because my final pieces tend to end up pretty much just being my sketches, but with a bit more detail applied.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I usually feel that my sketches look better, though that may be because sketches make up most of my art. My style lends itself better to clean lines, so I'm trying to make my art look smoother. I'm not sure if I draw in a sketchy way because I'm self-conscious about messing up the lines or because I'm just not used to inking, but it's something I want to change.

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Seeing as I have no mastered the art of clean sketching yet, my finished art pieces tend to look nicer imo. But sketches to have a certain charm to the,

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,571.9
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    There is some pieces where I like the sketch better than the final result, like a Drifloon I did some time last month. I thought the sketch looked better so i posted that on a long with the final.

6. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I prefer my finished art most of the time (before i've grown to dislike it, that is) My sketches can be quite stiff and static, I correct that as I photoshop!
    Sometimes though the sketch is just more aesthetic hahah