1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Behold, an Introduction Thread!

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by ophiespurr, Dec 24, 2017.

1. ophiespurr

Randy
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽279.8
    Hi, the name's ophiespurr! (I'm fine with just being called Ophi, though.)

I've been on at least one other fan site like this one before, so I have general idea on how things are laid out, though I know things are definitely different between that site and this one. As of right now, my schedule is going to be busy, so don't be surprised if I don't post as much, or in things like RPs at the very least. However, I really want to get to know all of you, so here's some stuff about me to start with:

-I DO like to participate in RPs and the like (but like I said above, I'm going to be busy for a little while here).

-I also enjoy writing and creating works of literature, as well as drawing.

-My favorite Pokémon games so far would have to be Pokémon HG/SS, Pokémon Sun/Moon (don't have US or UM yet at the time of this post), and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness.

-Typhlosion is probably my favorite Pokémon of all time.

-I'm in karate, and, at the time of this post, getting ready for my black belt test next fall.

-I'm very interested in learning other languages. I am currently in the process of learning German, and I had started to learn French a few years ago before I switched languages. Long story short, I'm not a big fan of computer programs being used to teach languages instead of actual human beings.

I would add more, but I can't really think of much else. Well, the only other thing that I can really say is that, again, I wish to get to know you all, and feel free to ask me questions!

2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Welcome!

Good luck on your black belt test! Also heck yeah another person learning german

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Welcome to LV! HG/SS and the explorers games are my favorites too. Have you played Explorers of Sky? It improves on Darkness a lot. What kinds of art do you like making?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Blair_Chandra

Blair_Chandra Torchic Queen

Blaze
    (Combusken)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Hi Ophi! Welcome to the Lake! What kinds of RP do you do?

5. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Whoop, fellow Typhlosion fan! And, HG/SS is also one of my favorite games. It seems we have a lot in common :D welcome to the Lake, and we all hope you enjoy your time here!

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Welcome to LV, @ophiespurr :)
    Don't know if you've located it yet, so here's the link to the forum rules https://lakevalor.net/threads/global-forum-rules-read-before-posting.29/ If you ever have any questions about anything, don't be afraid to ask! We also have a discord, where we create memes and jokes that often meld into the site among other things https://lakevalor.net/threads/guide-joining-our-discord-server.19690/
    I hope that you'll decide to post some literature and art, and maybe someday rp as well! :3

7. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Welcome to Lake Valor! Then there’s not much to explain here! Make yourself at home!

Please let me know if you have any questions or just want to chat. See you around

8. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    WELCOME TO MEME HELL

ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND REMEMBER TO WORSHIP WIPPOR

EV-ER-Y-DAY

9. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    New person :D
    Welcome here!
    Do you post your art somewhere?

10. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Welcome to the lake! Happy to see another Mystery dungeon fan here! <3

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I once knew a guy named Ophie, though I believe that's coincidence. Maybe it's just a really uncommon name.

So you've given...a veritable list of traits about yourself. I will have to look over them all one by one!
    You are a busy person as I can see, but what sorts of things keep you busy? I know you are preparing for a black belt test (kudos on that) but that can't be the only thing I'm sure.
    You're learning other languages, but would you want to travel somewhere to use said knowledge, or are you content enough with just knowing how to be fluent?
    And I'm sure someone else will ask this, but do you prefer RPs that are group-based or one-on-one?

As for getting to know people - and getting to be known yourself - most of us host a Q&A thread in the Question & Answer forum, a place to set up shop and field any questions. It's an excellent way to learn about people, and talk about yourself on your own terms. It's one of the more buzzing sections, so try not to feel overwhelmed.

And your username, I can't tell if I'm supposed to read it as Ophie's purr, or Ophie Spurr - or there's something else I am not getting. In essence I can't tell where the head ends and the tail begins.
    Beyond that, I can answer any questions directed at me, either about LV or about specific parts. Keep in touch with peeps and I think you'll do just fine.

12. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Welcome to Lake Valor @ophiespurr I'm sure you're gonna love it here! I love Tyhplosion too but I also really am fond of Quilava. Good luck on your black belt test. We have our very own @karatekid770 here ;) Take your time to ease in and I hope your schedule clears up! We have sections to fit any of your likings so I can't wait to see you more around here! If you have any questions or just want to chat, ring for me :)

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Welcome to LV! We have a fairly active RP section, so I am sure you can find people to RP with you when you have the time to start something. You can also just browse there now until you feel comfortable.

14. ophiespurr

Randy
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽279.8
    Thank you guys!
    I haven't played Sky yet, though I am pretty interested in doing so. In terms of art, I typically like to make 2-D drawings, usually with traditional stuff like pencils and paper, though I am trying to get more into digital stuff as well. I don't have a lot of particular stuff that I like to draw, but it's usually just OCs or fan characters of mine more than anything.
    I don't exactly know how to describe the types of RPs I like, though I'm typically interested in ones involving fantasy or sci-fi elements, and ones that are based off a series I know fairly well.
    I will definitely consider checking out the discord!
    Not really. The last time I posted something was when I was still on that other fan site I mentioned. I definitely need to start to post my art a lot more, that's for sure.
    I have other after-school activities such as drama club and cross country that keep me busy, as well as the occasional vacation or trip my family might take (I'm actually going to Texas here in the next few days), I want to both travel somewhere and be able to use my language and just know enough of it to be fluent in it, and I don't really have a preference between either type of RP you mentioned. Also, my username is supposed to be read as "Ophi-Espurr", with the first half coming from the name "Ophiuchus" and the latter half coming from, of course, the Pokémon Espurr.

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    You say 'of course' but I wouldn't know that - because if I had, I would have understood it by now, right?
    Ophiuchus makes a lot of sense - the snake tamer. Have you a fascination with the constellation, or do you just like snakes?

But it seems you're acclimating very well and have a desire to do so further, and that's certainly a good thing, or so I think.

16. ophiespurr

Randy
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽279.8
    Oops, my apologies on my wording, I didn't mean to sound like a know-it-all. I do have a bit if a fascination with the constellation for one reason or another. I think it's because that technically, it should have been part of the Zodiac, but it never ended up being so, which kinda makes me think of it as this "lost" or "mysterious" 13th sign. I don't know why it catches my attention so much outside of that, it just kinda does.

17. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hi! Have a great stay at Meme-Hell (according to some members) Also known as Lake Valor!

18. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Merry Christmas!

Welcome to the lake! Please avoid literally diving in the lake right now, the water has frozen over.

19. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Welcome to LV, Ophi! It's great to have you here. ^_^ I also loved the Mystery Dungeon Time and Darkness games, you have excellent taste. xD

Good luck getting that black belt too! Hope you have a pleasant dive into the Lake.

20. Hoodster225

Yung flexer
    (Machop)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽119.5
    Welcome to the lake! I'll be your friend!:D