1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Being the Villain!

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Wizard, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    For the longest time in Pokémon, we have played as the young child protagonist. Something that I have wanted, and something that other people have wanted, is for us to be the villian of the game.

The immediate problem I see is that fact that Pokémon is targeted towards all audiences: including young children. Portraying the main character as a thief may not be the best example to the young 'uns.

However, think about how much popularity the game would have! Maybe they could even have it where you start bad, but change sides.

What do you all think? Should we have the option of being the villian in the Generation 8 Pokémon games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    It does seem like a possibility, if Pokémon decides to branch out more. After all, it's already happened. Wes from Pokémon Colosseum was a former member of one of the game's villainous groups who starts out the game steeling the device that let's them steel other trainers' Pokémon and blowing up their base. He then proceeds to steel Shadow Pokémon throughout pretty much the entire game, sometimes from villains and sometimes just from regular trainers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sean hall

sean hall Swimmer

water mac
    (Ducklett)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽65.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeUltra Ball ★★Water Stone ★★★
    you know I did not think that the makers of Pokémon shoud lit you be a bad guy but hearing what BZRichu64 said made me think that the shoud have it like that

4. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    That probably won't happen in a main series game, but we may get a spin-off that let's us play as Team Rocket or something.

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It would an interesting take. I know that in at least one of the mangas (I think BW2) Mei starts off as a member of Team Plasma but begins to question their goals.

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I would love to be a villain. I think it would be interesting to see it in the other point of view. Learn why some groups have certain aspirations and what not. I'm kind of disappointed we never had the choice of accepting the offer on the Nugget Bridge from the RBY games.

7. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I think that it would be so, so cool to play as a villain protagonist, but knowing Pokémon they probably wouldn’t do that to keep the series children-oriented and spread good morals.

However, if we did get to play as villains, I’d imagine we’d start out as a grunt, and battle admins (sort of like gym leaders) until we reach the top and try to achieve the team goal (presumably capture a legendary), before realizing what we’re doing is evil and then... challenge the league, perhaps? As an afterstory?

I don’t know, but I’d play the heck out of a villain game!

8. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I really wish that this was a thing cause, I like actually being able to do stuff that some of us may have felt like doing, such as accept the offer on nugget bridge, but I think it would have made the story so much more interesting if we could have chosen that dark path and then once the villain realizes that what we had done was wrong, send us to go fix it and therefore catch the legend or stop whatever is happening.
    I would really get behind the idea if this were to happen.

9. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    #GruntLyfe. Being the villain in the main series Pokémon games would be awesome yes but have any of you considered being part of Team Snagem or Cypher? Now THAT, would be cool. Controlling "unstoppable" shadow Pokémon and having Miror B or Gonzap as a boss would be the coolest thing ever, even cooler than joining Team Skull, fight me.

10. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    Okay, I will. Shadow Pokémon are so 'unstopable' that you can't always control them. They can and will attack their own trainers in battle, which means that every time you send one out, you're risking your own life. And while some of the higher ups of those two organizations may be fun (like Mirror B.), but others would be much less plesent (like Ein, or basically anyone from XD's version of the team).

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    As cool as it would be being able to play as one of the bad guys I just don't see it ever happening, Pokémon is mainly targeted towards kids, yes they claim is for all but let's be real is mainly aimed at kids. I also got a feeling suddenly being able to play as the bad guys will probably just get some parents up in arms.

I would totally try playing as the evil team if we had the option since is something I've wanted to do for ages.

12. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    But you're a ten year old kid, clearly the most powerful individual in the Pokémon universe. If you joined the evil team, there'd be no stopping them!

(i'd love to join an evil team once but I don't actually see it happening)