1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Best New X/Y Inclusions

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by DIO, Oct 23, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    What do you think the best new inclusion in the X/Y games? Basically, what are you most glad Game Freak added to X and Y? What exactly makes it so good? Do you hope they keep including it in future games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    For one, the evolution mechanics. I mean, while it was kinda frustrating to have no idea what to do to evolve Pokémon like sliggo and inkay, I thought it was really cool when I figured it out!

For two, roller skates. I do want to see those come back. They were just really fun, allowing you to zip all over and do little tricks if you were determined. And the grind rails were a nice substitute for ledges as a one way shortcut.

Lastly, haircuts for you and some Pokémon. Customizable characters is an awesome addition, and I hope they keep it going. I also hope they add in some more custom hairdos for other fluffy Pokémon like stoutland or delcatty.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    First, it's Pokémon-Amie, because I can interact with any Pokémon, it gives me value of being kind to Pokémon and they'll do the same to you, and the mini-games are pretty fun too.

For the second, it comes to Trainer Customization, so that I can refresh the look of my character from time to time, it allows me to being stylish the way I like it.

4. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    The PSS! Finally, it was so easy to interact with others. I remember being awake for hours after my usual bed time, just sitting on my bed and staring at all the passersby... It was magic.

Rafael likes this.
  5. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    My favorite thing that got added in X/Y is that the Destiny Knot passes down IVs and the ability to easily EV train off of hoards. As a competitive player this made my life so much easier.

6. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    The new breeding mechanics were really nice to have. I've been breeding Pokémon for a long time and I can say for sure that it was way way easier to mass breed in Gen 6 than in Gen 5. I often resorted to hacking back then when I get super frustrated with breeding but with Gen 6, there's no need for that thanks to the new breeding mechanics.

Trainer Customization is also one of my favorites. I was disappointed when it wasn't added to ORAS but I hope they bring it back in future games.

Fizzysoda likes this.
  7. DoctorFlygon

DoctorFlygon myagical girl

PokéPoints:
    ₽81.2
    They didn't add many big thing, tbh, but what they did add was mostly very good, like the changes to breeding and stuff, horde battles (for EV Training), Mega Evolution, and Pokémon-Amie.

8. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I really want the PR studio to return, with more slots. Making those was heaps of fun! I'd like it if these videos could be a little longer, though.

Also, I would like the ability to customize your trainer. I didn't mind it in ORAS, since they had to recreate the ORIGINAL games, and changing trainer designs would remove the Hoenn vibes of the game. But if it had to return, I'd like it if you could dress up your Pokémon too! Maybe not too much, but make the Mega Stone necklace or accessories available to see while battling so you could stylize your Pokémon!

9. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    EV Training and breeding is definitely a lot easier in Generation 6. I went back to Gen 5 to try and EV train, and it is just way too complicated compared to how easy things are now.

The graphics are a huge step up from Generation 5 as well, which had decent battle graphics, and I can definitely see how the graphics could get even better from this point.

Also, who could possibly forget the character customization system. I really like it. Not only are there a ton of different clothing options to choose from, there are different hairstyles and colors, as well as different races for your character. This is some major progress from a series that previously only let the player choose between a boy and a girl.

10. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Character Customization! It makes me happy that I can style my character because honestly, there are some questionable fashion choices in the Pokémon universe.

Also, I really enjoyed being able to move in all directions!!!

The scenic benches made XY the greatest though. The scenery was just beautiful. #BringBackBenches2016

11. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    The customisation of your main trainer was really neat.
    Though the clothing choices lacked variety.

An inclusion I really liked is the fur coat styling of "Furfrou"
    Really fun and made it that much more desirable as a usable Pokémon.

12. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Roller skates; I liked how you can do tricks and walk freely unlike walking and running where you're restricted to 8 directions only.

PSS - Makes trading, battling, and communicating with other players much easier. It's a very convenient feature

Pokémon Amie - Finally after 6 generations we're able to interact with our Pokémon! It does have its downsides, though. The Pokepuff minigames get old and boring quickly. But I love this feature nonetheless.

Horde battles and updated breeding system - Makes EV training much less tedious, makes it easier to breed for good natures and IVs (also Pokéball passing)

Trainer customization - While it doesn't affect the gameplay directly, it's a nice feature and gives each player some sense of individuality, I guess.

13. DoctorFlygon

DoctorFlygon myagical girl

PokéPoints:
    ₽81.2
    It's a tough call, really. Mega Evolution is a great mechanic and I love what it's done for a lot of Pokémon (making crappy 'Mons like Beedrill great and giving some high-tier 'Mons more options without being broken like Scizor), but there's also stuff like Mega Rayquaza, and the PSS is likewise a fantastic addition and finally lets me do battle with stuff banned on Battle Spot, but finding people that aren't just packing either Uber or awful teams is difficult.

But I'd still put it down to either of them since I do really like their additions regardless of the flaws.

14. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I love wondertrade, its a really cool juggle on what you're gonna get and although its Poochyena for an Arceus, its still a cool juggle and you could get some nice HA or shiny mons! Some of my favorite times were spent wonder tradingg my life away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.