1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Best platform to watch your shows on?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Jan 4, 2018.

?

Which one(s) do you use?

1. Netflix

100.0%
  2. HULU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other?

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    What are your thoughts on the platforms mentioned above? Which one(s) do you use? Are they too expensive? Let us know how you feel!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    The one platform that my family actually owns is Neflix. Netflix is great. If something isn't on streaming, it's probably on DVD that they can mail you. I've never had any glitch problems with Netflix, it's just generally an excellently made platform.

We also technically have Amazon and Hulu, because our dog-sitter (who's also a close friend of my dad's) owns accounts on them and said we could use his. Amazon is pretty great - generally, if something's not on Netflix and we don't want to wait for a DVD, we can watch it on Amazon. I don't use Hulu - normally the only reason we use it at all is so my mom can watch The Handmaidens Tale. Hulu seems decent in terms of its product options, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    We have 3 streaming services in our house. Netflix, Stan, and Foxtel Now. Foxtel Now has the best selection of tv shows and movies, but I find it can be pretty glitchy at times and is the most expensive of the three. Netflix works smoothly and has a nice setup, but I find it's selection isn't quite as good as Foxtel and Stan. It often removes good shows/movies and replaces them with crappy Netflix originals as well, which is a huge shame.
    Stan is pretty decent, but like Foxel Now it has a tendency to be a big glitchy at times. Still not a bad service though.
    So overall they all have there pros and cons and I couldn't pick a best one out of them.

4. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    I'm torn on one hand I think Hulu is better overall for keeping up with show since it updates pretty quickly as a show is airing and if one lacked television I'd prolly pick that, but with cable Netflix IMO has better and many more originals however if you're an anime fan Hulu comes back and wins with it's selection of anime. All depends on what you're in the mood for IMO. Amazon Prime has some decent showings but I think it's far behind Netflix and Hulu overall so I rule it out. Due to originals edging out Hulu I chose Netflix, but it was pretty close and Season 2 of Futureman hasn't aired and I quite enjoyed season 1, but comparing it to one of my favorite Netflix comedies Santa Clarita Diet which did air it's second season which was much better than the first I don't really expect Hulu to be able to compete personally.

5. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I mostly just watch YouTube videos, but if I use anything like this, it's Netflix. I've tried Hulu before, but it's just kind of annoying to me. I'm not even sure why, I'm just not a fan of it.

6. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I use Netflix predominantly. Paying in general sucks but it's worth watching what you want to watch.

7. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Of the listed options from the poll, I think Netflix is the best... though I haven't tried Hulu yet. My family watches a lot more shows than I do, and in addition to that they also use Amazon. For my anime I like to use Crunchyroll... though after that one incident a while back I wish they would update their site security.

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I tend to use Netflix because my friends have it, and I watch it when I hang out with them. It is honestly really neat and I like how they're producing their own content. It just sucks whenever a show that was once on the platform suddenly disappears.