1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article Bethesda E3 Conference + Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Getus, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    So Bethesda's E3 conference just finished and they delivered hard. This'll be a highlight of what was revealed and discuss the entire thing with each other!

Rage 2

So Rage 2 started with a good opener, a band singing a pretty lit song, and it really set the mood for the game. The textures look amazing from what was shown, and the environment appears destructible, whether or not that is limited or not is still to be seen.

The combat is fast paced, something I believe its predecessor had so old fans will still feel familiar with this new game. It was also announced that the game will be entirely open world.

Based on the gameplay shown, there appears to be some very interesting abilities. Two of which being the ability to throw some sort of glaive object (Might be wrong) and the other is short range teleportation.

Finally, the release date is Spring 2019.

Elder Scrolls: Legends

Not much was said about this game except the announcement that it will be coming to Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch for free.

Elder Scrolls Online

This focused on three things, the newly released expansion which just showed a trailer and two newly announced DLC's. The first of which is a Dungeon focused DLC called Wolf Hunter, this will revolve around Werewolves.

The second is a World DLC called Black Marsh, that's right Elder Scrolls fans we're heading to Black Marsh. This will add more Argonian Lore into the world of ESO.

Doom Eternal

A sequel to the first of the remakes this game will feature twice as many enemy variants AND it is hinted to take place on Earth. It will make its debut at Quake-con

Quake Champions

For this it was announced there will be two Major Tournaments, one at Quake Con and the other at an event I didn't catch the name of. There will also be new features that weren't revealed AND for this week only, a free trial for players. Here's the kicker though, if you download it this week you will have permanent access to the game for the entire beta, which stretches beyond this week. So give it a download and a try, who knows might like it.

Prey

Celebrating 1 year since its release, Prey will be receiving a free update that adds 3 modes to the game. A story mode, New Game + and Survival. All self explanatory I think.

There will also be a new DLC called Mooncrash, this is fully replayable as each playthrough will be different with different enemies, environmental hazards and each second and death of the playthrough will count. How? They never said, but I believe it was a hint at an arcade-style scoreboard.

Finally they also announced Typhon Hunter, this is essentially Prop Hunt for Prey but it can be played in VR. It will be 1v5, with 1 human and 5 mimics.

Wolfenstein 2

This will be released on Nintendo Switch on June 29th

Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Unknown if this is a different game or an expansion for 2, but this will feature the main protags twin daughters as the main leads and features a co-op experience. Based on the trailer it can be assumed both characters play different, with one being up close with her shotgun and melee meanwhile the other focuses on range with her sniper.

Wolfenstein: Cyber Pilot

A VR experience, the player takes the role of a hacker who can hack hostile machines. Not much else is known.

Skyrim Parody

Best part of the whole conference thus far, naturally Bethesda will take the hand out of themselves by showing an advert for Skyrim on Alexa where she read out the scenario and the actor responded, they furthered the joke by announcing it on the Etch-a-sketch and other fun "systems"

Fallout: Shelter

Coming to PS4 and Switch for free TONIGHT

Fallout 76:

Oh boy this is a big one. Alright this game will be 4 times the size of Fallout 4 and the player will take the role of one of the residents in Fault 76, this is one of the first ever vaults and is the first to be opened.

Using new technology the environment looks a lot better and there will be six distinct regions with unique weather, looks and enemies. It will feature West Virginia folklore for enemies and, I'm assuming, environment design.

Finally one of the biggest announcements of the night, Fallout 76 is online. Yes, ONLINE. Solo play is possible, but the only capabilities is interesting. It won't be like ESO where you'll have hundreds of players on one server, for this there will be no servers to see, only a few dozen of players will be in a world at a time keeping the apocalypse feel.

Yes, this means PVP is possible but death does not represent a loss in progress, you keep your gear and progress even when joining a friends session. Which means grouping is an option, team up as a party and explore the waste land and build environments using the C.A.M.P system! with this you can build structures and be able to move them to a new location, because players can build anywhere in the world.

A risk though, is the nuclear sites. Players can retrieve codes, usually requiring a group of players, that gives them access to a nuke site in the world from which they can fire nuclear missiles at anywhere in the map. This opens up new loot options and risks, but with this bombs you can eliminate a pesky player who's been stealing your stuff.

Best part? There will be a beta, the date is still unannounced.

The release date for the game though is November 14th of this year.

Elder Scrolls: Blades

This is a very ambitious mobile game that uses a first person RPG system with console-level graphics. It can be played in portrait and landscape view, with controls looking rather simple.

It's not just a simple dungeon crawler like I first expected though, instead it has an entire outdoor world which is amazing. A full Elder Scrolls experience on Mobile with several play modes. It will also be released later on consoles and PC-only VR.

It will release for free during the Fall 2018.

Starfield

This is the rumoured new IP from Bethesda and despite the lack of information I'm intrigued, all we know right now is that it appears as if it takes place in space.

Finally... we get to the best reveal of the night. It was just a title screen but they announced.....

Elder Scrolls VI

Elder Scrolls VI has been announced and from the small small fly over of an area, it looks gooood.

And that's it for the Bethesda E3 conference, what did you think of it and what's your favourite game to be shown? Any complaints or anything you particularly think they did well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SnowboundBecca likes this.
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    These weren't the games that I was really wanting to see but they were a good show for what is to come for the rest of the week. I can't wait to see what comes next! :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    All I have to say is:

Bethesda set a heck of a high bar for other companies. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even play any of their games that I'm really impressed with their presentation. o.o